Looking for Xbox One Day One Edition

Silent Orbis

Hello everyone.

My dad preordered an Xbox One Day One edition and cancelled.

Now he FINALLY changed his mind, but they're all sold out.

So I was wondering if anyone had a preorder of the Xbox One Day One edition available.

Maybe you could change the address to our's or something.

We are willing to pay $499.99 straight up front.

DAY ONE EDITION ONLY is what I want.

Regardless, my dad has %100 positive feedback on eBay.

If you want to see his profile on eBay - Seller ID: Opiates.

Um you are making a very big mistake buying a day one edition of a console. I highly recommend you wait until December and let all issues be patched so your experience will be smooth, functional and without problems.  The few launch title games are nothing worth dying for in my opinion at least. You can surely wait for them.
Seriously though launch consoles are never a good idea there are tons of things that go wrong within the first week of a consoles release, just play it smart and wait the storm and buy one shortly after.

• Like 3

Um you are making a very big mistake buying a day one edition of a console. I highly recommend you wait until December and let all issues be patched so your experience will be smooth, functional and without problems.  The few launch title games are nothing worth dying for in my opinion at least. You can surely wait for them.

Seriously though launch consoles are never a good idea there are tons of things that go wrong within the first week of a consoles release, just play it smart and wait the storm and buy one shortly after.

Can't I just do a software update when they DO fix it...

I mean if that's the case then I can have the console and wait.

And if the console itself is having issues, then maybe MS will have recalls.

Can't I just do a software update when they DO fix it...

I mean if that's the case then I can have the console and wait.

And if the console itself is having issues, then maybe MS will have recalls.

If I were you, I'd wait it out until Christmas.

What I'm doing is, getting some of the Xbox One games I want, before I get the console (Battlefield 4, maybe Assassin's Creed 4 too). I get the games first, then purchase the Xbox One on Christmas with some of my money, as well as Christmas money. By then, all issues with the consoles should be ironed out.

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd wait it out until Christmas.

What I'm doing is, getting some of the Xbox One games I want, before I get the console (Battlefield 4, maybe Assassin's Creed 4 too). I get the games first, then purchase the Xbox One on Christmas with some of my money, as well as Christmas money. By then, all issues with the consoles should be ironed out.

I need that controller mate! I may not seem like it, but I really am the collector type.

And besides, what would you say if I didn't celebrate Christmas?

I need that controller mate! I may not seem like it, but I really am the collector type.

And besides, what would you say if I didn't celebrate Christmas?

I would say... you should celebrate Christmas. xD

Doesn't matter if you don't celebrate Christmas though, the main point is that you should wait for bugs and issues to be fixed before the initial release. This is especially the case, with these particular next-gen consoles, as they're a whole new generation altogether.

• Like 1

I would say... you should celebrate Christmas. xD

Doesn't matter if you don't celebrate Christmas though, the main point is that you should wait for bugs and issues to be fixed before the initial release. This is especially the case, with these particular next-gen consoles, as they're a whole new generation altogether.

Well really I think these next gen consoles should not have to many issues as when it comes down to it there just PCs and so most things should done and done at the start and anything else quickly fixed and also devs should find it very easy to make games on as well. :)

• Like 1

Well really I think these next gen consoles should not have to many issues as when it comes down to it there just PCs and so most things should done and done at the start and anything else quickly fixed and also devs should find it very easy to make games on as well. :)

Consoles are much more then just PCs. There are going to be hardware issues I don't remember a single console launch that hasn't had one. We have improved I mean this is the 8th generation of consoles surely it won't be anything major but it still doesn't justify the reason to buy a day one console when you can easily get one a month later and avoid yourself all the trouble(Unless you want the trouble then go ahead and buy one but I am sure there wont be any terrible launch problems consoles have evolved)

Also I don't why you mention devs should find it very easy to make games because if you want an easy way to make games then just look at the PC. I've heard that the ps4 is finally a lot more gamedev friendly but consoles arent the easiest things to make games for. If you want easy gamedev head for the PC and even then gamedev isn't close to easy. I would go as far as saying that game development is one of the most difficult creative process out there. 

Consoles are much more then just PCs. There are going to be hardware issues I don't remember a single console launch that hasn't had one. We have improved I mean this is the 8th generation of consoles surely it won't be anything major but it still doesn't justify the reason to buy a day one console when you can easily get one a month later and avoid yourself all the trouble(Unless you want the trouble then go ahead and buy one but I am sure there wont be any terrible launch problems consoles have evolved)

Also I don't why you mention devs should find it very easy to make games because if you want an easy way to make games then just look at the PC. I've heard that the ps4 is finally a lot more gamedev friendly but consoles arent the easiest things to make games for. If you want easy gamedev head for the PC and even then gamedev isn't close to easy. I would go as far as saying that game development is one of the most difficult creative process out there. 

I don't get it though.

I'm pretty sure the definition of Quality Controlling has changed in 8 years.

I'm actually positive standards have change of QC, especiall with Microsoft.

I know there will be some bugs here and there, but we still have some minor issues with the 360.

But, if they've been posting many videos to show of the dashboard, like IGN did abouta week ago...

There probably shouldn't be any issues.

And if it means that much to get a special edition to someone like me...

Then I can get it.

Even if I have some bugs with the console, I can still pull through...

And wait for a system update.

It's not that complicated people.

Just buy, wait, and update.

It's worth it to get that beautiful Day One achievement and controller guys.

It reallyi s.

Ok, let me run through with you why buying a new console on release is a bad idea.

A. Software issues, this could potentially destroy your account on the new Xbox One, it could wipe achievements or even saves you have. These bugs wouldn't even be fixed for at least a week after being announced that MS have noticed them. It's not just a simple update either, it would be a complete system reboot.

B. Hardware issues, almost no new console has come out without a hardware problem. The Nintendo DS, PS2 and especially the Xbox 360 has major issues when released, these all took time to fix. A long time to fix mind you, only with the new Xbox Slim has the problem of RRoD gone down. And that was years after the launch of the Xbox 360.

C. Exclusives. Unless you're absolutely in love with all of the exclusives, I don't suggest getting it now. Wait for new games to come out, by then, the Xbox One would've dropped in price and so would've the games which makes it better for you since you could spend money on more things with that spare cash.

With those 3 major points out of the way, I searched up on EBay for "Xbox one controller", you can find a few Xbox One consoles with the controllers on eBay ready to be sold. Of course you can't get it yet since it hasn't been release, but these a promise deal. You buy it, and it gets sent to you once it's released.

• Like 2

As others have said buying the Xbox One Day One edition is probably a bad idea because of all the problems and the exclusives aren't really worth it.

But my Mother made me preorder it out of fear of it being sold out so I have to deal with the problems of the Day One Edition. But hopefully if there are really bad errors they will compensate for them with rewards or free stuff I don't know. But if you live in the United States Gamestop will be restocking preorder soon from what I hear so you will be able to preorder a Xbox One there if thats available to you.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight everyone.

We'll buy it but won't unpackage it right away.

We'll take a day or two of research, and looking at other's Xbox's on launch day.

If we do not see issues, we'll open it.

If we do, we'll sell it.

But for now people, I'm looking to buy one.

I appreciate the advice, but I'm not stupid.

I have a strategy to deal with all scenarioes; good, or bad.

So, for now, if you don't want one anymore, let us know.

And we'll buy the preorder from you.