Possibility for Arbiter and Brutes in Halo 5 confirmed

Son Of Anarchy

I can't wait to see the Arbiter return. :) I would love to see how the brutes look now. Honestly, I really want to see the brutes but I don't really think it would make much sense. Considering the original covenant is completely messed up, why would the brutes return? Maybe they have a stronger empire that built up during the time they had between 2552-2557. I guess we just have to wait and see. ;)

Look what happened: Requiem destroyed, "Hey let's go help the Arbiter ;) "

Seems Legit. <_<

Well, the UNSC is fighting a multi-front war. If the Arbiter is planning to end the Covenant Civil War for good, then that's a front the UNSC doesn't have to fight on.

Considering the touchy nature of the mission itself, the Storm Covenant obviously gaining power, and the fact that Brutes aren't exactly negotiators, it would make sense for the UNSC to accompany the Arbiter in case something goes wrong (which, according to the Escalation teaser, it does). So yes, it makes perfect sense from a practical standpoint, as well as helpful in solidifying the alliance between the UNSC and the Arbiter's faction.  

Well, the UNSC is fighting a multi-front war. If the Arbiter is planning to end the Covenant Civil War for good, then that's a front the UNSC doesn't have to fight on.

Considering the touchy nature of the mission itself, the Storm Covenant obviously gaining power, and the fact that Brutes aren't exactly negotiators, it would make sense for the UNSC to accompany the Arbiter in case something goes wrong (which, according to the Escalation teaser, it does). So yes, it makes perfect sense from a practical standpoint, as well as helpful in solidifying the alliance between the UNSC and the Arbiter's faction.  

I see that'. BUT how would that fit with the other things we saw in the trailers? It needs more development. I mean, it'd be much more fun if seeing the arbiter was a surprise in a later game than us demanding it now.

I personally can't see any good plot that would involve bringing back the Brutes, but there is a possibility for The Arbiter and the Sanghelios Elites. Perhaps Sanghelios would choose to assist humanity against a common great. Perhaps.... The Didact and Covenant remnant fanatics, or maybe even Precursors.

I personally can't see any good plot that would involve bringing back the Brutes, but there is a possibility for The Arbiter and the Sanghelios Elites. Perhaps Sanghelios would choose to assist humanity against a common great. Perhaps.... The Didact and Covenant remnant fanatics, or maybe even Precursors.

I doubt the Precursors. The only one left was the Gravemind, also known as "The Timeless One". He stated that he was a Precursor but if he was or wasn't he was killed in Halo 3. I'm not sure if rebuilding a new Gravemind would still count him as a Precursor.

I doubt the Precursors. The only one left was the Gravemind, also known as "The Timeless One". He stated that he was a Precursor but if he was or wasn't he was killed in Halo 3. I'm not sure if rebuilding a new Gravemind would still count him as a Precursor.

I'm not so sure. They've been hinting that something... else is coming. Hints that something more dangerous than The Didact is coming. Just as The Prophet of Truth was outshined as a villain by The Didact's reawakening, I think something more ancient than a Forerunner is going to ultimately end up as a main antagonist.

I'm not so sure. They've been hinting that something... else is coming. Hints that something more dangerous than The Didact is coming. Just as The Prophet of Truth was outshined as a villain by The Didact's reawakening, I think something more ancient than a Forerunner is going to ultimately end up as a main antagonist.

They couldn't add Precursor in if they want the story to be canon unless there actually was a Precursor. We are already surprised that there is a Forerunner still alive, why would they also decide to add Precursors into the game? I don't want them to bend the storyline. It should all make sense.

They couldn't add Precursor in if they want the story to be canon unless there actually was a Precursor. We are already surprised that there is a Forerunner still alive, why would they also decide to add Precursors into the game? I don't want them to bend the storyline. It should all make sense.

They never said that ALL the Precursors were killed, nor that ALL Forerunners were killed either. Both species had remaining survivors flee the galaxy in the aftermath of their respective disasters.

They never said that ALL the Precursors were killed, nor that ALL Forerunners were killed either. Both species had remaining survivors flee the galaxy in the aftermath of their respective disasters.

I think any surviving Precursors would've been killed by the Forerunners during the Precursor-Forerunner war. The Gravemind must've been hidden or his army of flood were strong enough to defend him and fight for him. Not strong enough to stop Chief and The Arbiter though. ;)