Ghosts of Halo!!!

Onsokumaru

I've heard about them and seen a couple videos throughout my days of Halo gaming. Personally I've never seen them myself. I've heard that they be remnants of CPU coding that was never fully erased and will just randomly pop up without any physics or motions and stuff so it looks like they are like partially missing coding. Kinda creepy, but I don't know if its true because I've never experienced it myself.

I get a creepypasta vibe from this sort of thing. "I picked up a beat-up copy of Halo 3 one day and ghosts of dead players haunted me while I was forging alone! Then when I died in the game, I died for real!" The end.

Like Harbinger, I have yet to experience anything of the sort myself. It could be a cruel joke courtesy of Bungie, some leftover coding that is triggered by some unknown variable, or these videos are bogus and are made using mods.

When I was forging in Sandtrap with my little brother a Spartan Laser randomly killed me and it wasnt my little brother because we played split screen and when we went in theater to view the footage the laser literally came out of nowhere. My friend Ricky also had the same thing happen to him and someone was just sliding across the map.
I hope 343i literally adds "ghosts" as a part of the game on purpose to freak people out.

• Like 1

Wow this ghost stuff really creeps me out I kind of scared to play halo again after I heard this. :)

When I was researching this stuff and posting this topic on the forums I kept looking behind me and looking at the door cause I am scared to see a sliding figure come out of no where... D:

I remember being paranoid to this when playing which usually caused most of my deaths before. I talked to a few people online saying they saw ghosts and one even claimed to have witnessed it during campaign in Reach where a white spartan came out of nowhere and murdered everyone. I was really creeped out. 

The ghost of Halo 2 was pretty creepy, Some say it was a haunted game, While others simply said it was a glitch. I do know for sure though that in Matchmaking you are actually witnessing a lag with someone's console. Making them look like a "Ghost".

The ghost of Halo 2 was pretty creepy, Some say it was a haunted game, While others simply said it was a glitch. I do know for sure though that in Matchmaking you are actually witnessing a lag with someone's console. Making them look like a "Ghost".

If you looked at the video it showed that it couldn't have done that and made them look like a ghost when there was 2 people in the game 1 afk and 1 guy jumping around lol