Mystery Ship- Ancient Human or Forerunner?

Meyerm

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/5/54/Human_ship_firing_%282%29.jpg

Remember the ship that gets blasted at the beginning of the first Halo 4 terminal video (as seen above)? I'm curious about this vessel. This vessel type appears in both Forerunner and Human fleets at one point or another. In the photo above, a human ship is destroying one of these ships, but you can also notice another one in the human fleet. Since the battle was seen on hologram by Forerunners while debating their course of action, it's safe to assume the one destroyed was Forerunner. This ship appears several more times in the terminal series, appearing both in human fleets, Forerunner fleets, and in a Flood fleet when The Didact was deploying his first batch of Promethean Knights. My question is how? Is there any logical reason for two species to use the same ship design that doesn't include laziness on the creativity part?

Well Cortana is actually Forerunner A.I., so it would make sense that the UNSC would use even more Forerunner technology considering how advanced the Forerunners are in comparison to human life on any planet.

So to answer your question directly, I think this ship was originally Forerunner, but the UNSC has adopted it into it's own fleets.

Well Cortana is actually Forerunner A.I., so it would make sense that the UNSC would use even more Forerunner technology considering how advanced the Forerunners are in comparison to human life on any planet.

So to answer your question directly, I think this ship was originally Forerunner, but the UNSC has adopted it into it's own fleets.

Was Cortana really a Forerunner A.I? I though she was based of Dr.Halsey.

That is an interesting ship though. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to the terminals but I should because they tell us a lot about the story line. :)

Wait, what?

It's never stated Cortana is Forerunner, and I believe you are confused. I'm talking about the prehistoric humans, predating the Forerunner-Flood war.

As for the "they copied it" idea, possible but not sure. The Forerunners, with their belief in The Mantle and what's basically described as a belief of superiority, probably wouldn't reverse engineer human technology. The humans might have, but not even The Covenant has reverse engineered and copied Forerunner ships down to the last detail.

Humans appear to be those who came down from forerunners (hence the name "Forerunners"), now dubbed to be reclaimers to take over for the forerunners, so the use of their technology is inevitable.

It WAS intended from the start by the Precursors for Humanity to be their successors. However, The Forerunners didn't select humanity as their own successors until long after prehistoric humanity's de-evolution. The humans were known to reverse-engineer precursor (and I think Forerunner) tech though. Perhaps.... both Forerunners and humans alike copied the design from the Precursors?

It WAS intended from the start by the Precursors for Humanity to be their successors. However, The Forerunners didn't select humanity as their own successors until long after prehistoric humanity's de-evolution. The humans were known to reverse-engineer precursor (and I think Forerunner) tech though. Perhaps.... both Forerunners and humans alike copied the design from the Precursors?

Yeah the ship is probably originally a forerunner ship that has been redesigned and used by the Humans. Keep in mind the Precursors may not be real, they are only a belief. I personally think they are real but the Precursor-Forerunner War happened so long ago that the Ur-Didact doesn't even know they were real. I think it is most likely a Forerunner ship being used by Humans. Forerunners and Humans were allies so it would make sense for the Humans to have a Forerunner-like ship. :)

What do you mean, early COVENANT ship? The Covenant doesn't even exist at that point, and wouldn't for another 108000 years. Keep in mind everyone, this is about the Human-Forerunner and Forerunner-Flood wars. If you don't at least have some general knowledge on the prehistoric human spacefaring civilization, I suggest looking it up on Halo's wiki.

What do you mean, early COVENANT ship? The Covenant doesn't even exist at that point, and wouldn't for another 108000 years. Keep in mind everyone, this is about the Human-Forerunner and Forerunner-Flood wars. If you don't at least have some general knowledge on the prehistoric human spacefaring civilization, I suggest looking it up on Halo's wiki.

True.. It looks forerunner though, And I'll take a good bet it is.

Yeah the ship is probably originally a forerunner ship that has been redesigned and used by the Humans. Keep in mind the Precursors may not be real, they are only a belief. I personally think they are real but the Precursor-Forerunner War happened so long ago that the Ur-Didact doesn't even know they were real. I think it is most likely a Forerunner ship being used by Humans. Forerunners and Humans were allies so it would make sense for the Humans to have a Forerunner-like ship. :)

Go read the last forerunner book, they are real, but I won't spoil anything else.

Anyways, I am laughing at the people who don't understand the ship being human means that it is from the forerunner-human war. I bet it is just being lazy since those pictures pop up for a second.

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 1

Go read the last forerunner book, they are real, but I won't spoil anything else.

Anyways, I am laughing at the people who don't understand the ship being human means that it is from the forerunner-human war. I bet it is just being lazy since those pictures pop up for a second.

Ok thanks. ;) I did think they were real I just wasn't sure of it. I would love to dive into the forerunner series eventually but I am currently reading Ghosts of Onyx. Great books! :)