Battlefield 3

343industries

I pre-ordered it about 3 weeks ago, and now so have 2 of my mates lol I'm unfortunatley gonna miss the Beta though, i didn't bother gettin Medal of Honor so i didn't get access

The Beta is going to be open for everyone, the people who got MoH are just getting an early start. I didn't get it either, but I managed to get my hands on a code.

The game feels great, maybe it doesn't look that great (graphics, textures, etc) but its just a Beta, its only 1.3 GB big, while the PC version is 4 GB. I expect improvement on that area.

It has alot of bugs though (the one with the sound disappearing is the worst) and the constant disconnections/errors can get in your head after a while.

I think EA should have released a better Beta, I don't think (and hope) that the final product will have anything to do with this.

The game feels great, maybe it doesn't look that great (graphics, textures, etc) but its just a Beta, its only 1.3 GB big, while the PC version is 4 GB. I expect improvement on that area.

It has alot of bugs though (the one with the sound disappearing is the worst) and the constant disconnections/errors can get in your head after a while.

I think EA should have released a better Beta, I don't think (and hope) that the final product will have anything to do with this.

The entire point of a Beta is to find bugs in the game, by launch the game will be mostly fixed especially if you do your part and report the bugs.

Anyway my first thoughts from the beta are "Wow DICE you have done it again and much better then ever before.". I personally think the game looks brilliant with explosions and particle effects. Keep in mind that Operation Metro is the least Battlefield like map in the entire game because it doesn't have any vehicles and for a Battlefield map it is not very big. They have made lots of great changes to the game and I can't wait to see what the full game will be like. :D

People, people, people......

I come bearing news:

We have only played half of Operation Metro, full version is twice as big.

The graphics are running at half blast. Full game will look much better.

The reason there are no vehicles is because it is rush mode not conquest or TDM.

The will be updating the beta reguraly

Supposedly as early as Tuesday they will be adding Caspian Boarder to the beta with vehicles (rumor)

People, people, people......

I come bearing news:

We have only played half of Operation Metro, full version is twice as big.

The graphics are running at half blast. Full game will look much better.

The reason there are no vehicles is because it is rush mode not conquest or TDM.

The will be updating the beta reguraly

Supposedly as early as Tuesday they will be adding Caspian Boarder to the beta with vehicles (rumor)

Thanks for settling them down John!! :clapping: LOL!!!

Welcome also people who are complaining glitch wise and visuals......THIS IS AN OLD VERSION/CODING OF THE MAP...,THE ONE BEING SHIPPED IS PERFECTLY GOOD I WOULD KNOW I HAVE PLAYED THE FINISHED BUILD!!!!!

how did you get to play the final version?

DICE has released a list of the changes it’s making to Battlefield 3 as a result of feedback on the beta.

The list of changes can be found over at the Battlefield blog.

•Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.

•Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.

•Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.

•Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.

•Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.

•A subtle low health screen effect has been added.

•Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.

•Tweaked the Rank progression.

•Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.

•Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.

•Framerate stability fixes.

•The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.

•Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.

•Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.

•Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.

•Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.