This is what I can do, 343 its now up to you

FrozzT

Hello!

I am new here since I desperately tried to find a way to communicate with someone from 343, but I couldent find one.

I would like to leave my tips for a future Halo game. And try to somehow make in impact. Because I know what I got to tell you is the key to re-established the Halo.

About myself: I have played Halo since the released of Halo 3, I even got this green special xbox 360 ( halo 3 version) console. I have won some turnumentes over the years.
But the main thing about myself is that I still think Halo 3 is the best game out right now.

Here are my suggestions:

I am comparing what draw so many people to play Halo 3 against what rejected so many players from Reach/Halo 4. Sry if I´m not comparing with Halo 2 but I got no experience about it, but I have heard It´s great.

The ranking system: You might think "direct" ranking as we see in Halo 3 will make some of the players become sad. And the new ones coming to play will have hard time. But that is wrong.

The feeling of loosing, or not be able to get the serent rank is what really inspires people to contiune play. Or that awsome feeling winning and climbing the ranks. The way Reach and Halo 4 did with the ranking was not fun at all. I wasent able to compare my skills "direct" with others. My hard work was for nothing. The rank should be highlighted on the players, easy to see, before every game, and those who get high rank will be rewarded. This will inspire more people to become better. Reward is key, showing off is key.

The Medal system: I remember in my early Halo 3 days were I every night played and played, trying to get one overkill medal. And finally it was there, It was a huge achivement for me.
I think for future new games. The medal, the voice should be really highlighted. Again, its all about the rewards and positive "direct" feedback you get that makes it so funn to play. Or in my case, the frustation of never getting the medal. The medal system should be added with new sounds for each medal, make it your own thing 343. Add cool sounds, mabye different sound choices every player could choose for their own. The sound should be heared around the map, and see what the good player acomplished. 

Weapon sets: This was really good in Halo 4. Keep this, it was funn having different weapons/secondarys, grenades, choosing them all from the start.
Also: dont be afriad of making drastic changes, mabye take away the BR, and make a different kind of awsome gun? Make it your own game.

Maps: In Halo 3 there were differnet kinds of maps, different sizes, round, scare, identical sides. More open spaces like sandbox maps/ the construct, highground, last resort, narrows,sandtrap and more. In halo 4, it seems like a big mess. Keep the both sides of the map almost identical more open spaces. More natural, make them 3-small, 3-medium and 3-big. In halo 4 there was to big maps I think.

Dont focus on small things: Dont put much effort into cool assasination animations, or armor skills. Those things will never be the key to attract people. Mabye instead, for an example, focus on making the whole shooting thing alot harder. Or making people have alot less hp. It will be a new sort of game.

The most important thing, achivements, skulls, helmets: Colecting those skulls in Halo 3, driving those ghost, checking on the achivementlist what was next OMG that was soooo fun.
Insert this to new game. It is a must! The reach were you just had to play ALOT was not fun. And all the 100 chocies made the new armor not so cool after all.

Having that reach helmet or flaming in halo 3. If I played against one having it, I always thought I would lose, foolish me, but it game so much respect.

Having few special items that will distinguish some from the rest will make us go nuts about it. The reward of getting those thing then are epic.

Well i dont have the stamina to write no longer. Sry for the bad english but I loved Halo 3 so much. And it compleatly crushes me that I will never be able to see games like Halo 3 in its beautifull best days any longer.

Hope some of what I wrote is good.

• Like 3

I think these are all good points. I especially agree with the achievements, skulls and armour. Getting skulls in Halo 3 was one of my favourite things about it. There were some really fun achievements that were challenging to get. I also loved the armour in Halo 3 because there weren't so many sets. There was a limited amount and each piece felt more valuable. In Halo 4 it didn't feel like you stood out between everyone else. Almost all of us looked different but it didn't feel like the armour we had was our own appearance. Some of the designs were a little too much. Some of them began looking crazy. Sure the FOTUS armour looked cool, but is that unicorn horn really necessary. That's what it looked like to me, a unicorn. I also liked the ways we earned the armour in Halo 3. I loved collecting skulls for Haybusa or completing missions on Legendary for EOD.

Good post. Have you tried posting it on Halo Waypoint, that's 343's official website. This is a fan community.

The ranking system: 
You might think "direct" ranking as we see in Halo 3 will make some of the players become sad. And the new ones coming to play will have hard time. But that is wrong.

The feeling of loosing, or not be able to get the serent rank is what really inspires people to contiune play. Or that awsome feeling winning and climbing the ranks. The way Reach and Halo 4 did with the ranking was not fun at all. I wasent able to compare my skills "direct" with others. My hard work was for nothing. The rank should be highlighted on the players, easy to see, before every game, and those who get high rank will be rewarded. This will inspire more people to become better. Reward is key, showing off is key.

I agree. However, only half way. For one, new players coming in will have a hard time to play, that is GUARANTEED. Its common sense, and its why the 'newb' playlist that people only had access to for, like, 3 games, along with a Social set of gametypes, were so great. Secondly, Reach and Halo 4's rank were OK. They had an in-game visual ranking that meant nothing about skill but if you were competitive enough to dig around you would have found BPR, or CSR. Sure, both of those are potentially useless in-game since there's no visibility of it, and its not like you actually get anything out of CSR to have incentive to play, but it is DEFINITELY there, and saying your hard work meant nothing is false.

[qupte]The Medal system: I remember in my early Halo 3 days were I every night played and played, trying to get one overkill medal. And finally it was there, It was a huge achivement for me.
I think for future new games. The medal, the voice should be really highlighted. Again, its all about the rewards and positive "direct" feedback you get that makes it so funn to play. Or in my case, the frustation of never getting the medal. The medal system should be added with new sounds for each medal, make it your own thing 343. Add cool sounds, mabye different sound choices every player could choose for their own. The sound should be heared around the map, and see what the good player acomplished.

The voice should appear, definitely, but personalized sounds, or sounds that force others to hear you, shouldn't be added. If you've got something to share, you have a mic to do it. 

Weapon sets: 
This was really good in Halo 4. Keep this, it was funn having different weapons/secondarys, grenades, choosing them all from the start.
Also: dont be afriad of making drastic changes, mabye take away the BR, and make a different kind of awsome gun? Make it your own game.

That is, if we got a 'Ranked' playlist that didn't use it. Which we didn't get till months into the game of Halo 4. Its a fun feature, and I love having a personalized set, but I think that if there's going to be a good ranking system, it has to use weapon spawns from the gametype and not from you.

Maps:
 In Halo 3 there were differnet kinds of maps, different sizes, round, scare, identical sides. More open spaces like sandbox maps/ the construct, highground, last resort, narrows,sandtrap and more. In halo 4, it seems like a big mess. Keep the both sides of the map almost identical more open spaces. More natural, make them 3-small, 3-medium and 3-big. In halo 4 there was to big maps I think.

No. Halo 3 maps are Halo 3 maps, Halo 4 maps are Halo 4 maps. Sure, sizes were different, but why? Its because Halo 3 never had sprint, while Halo 4 has it slapped onto your Spartan (As it should, because super soldiers who can't sprint aren't super soldiers). Symmetrical maps were great, but Maps are simply better if they're good maps. Don't focus on copying Halo 3's maps, because the game isn't Halo 3. Instead, make a variety of maps that offer a variety of gameplay, but aren't doing so by incorporating randomness into the game. 

Dont focus on small things: 
Dont put much effort into cool assasination animations, or armor skills. Those things will never be the key to attract people. Mabye instead, for an example, focus on making the whole shooting thing alot harder. Or making people have alot less hp. It will be a new sort of game.

No. It's the small things that matter. Cool assassinations and Armor Abilities could have had just 1 animation, or basic things, but they definitely attracted people and added a big fun factor. The entire game is just a bunch of small things, its pointless to 'not focus on them'. As for your examples, NO. "Focus on making the whole shooting thing alot harder" - I'm assuming you mean to decrease aim assist, or modify aim acceleration. There's no need to "focus" on it - simply find a good balance in the game, keeping it Halo. Same with Health - it's absolutely useless to tune down everything. The only reason you might do it (And you can do it already) is for a custom gametype. Swat is great, for example. But to simply have low HP, or changing the game to be harder, is also to make it Not Halo, which is about skillful aiming, tactics, and thought out battles. We never have reaction-based kills in Halo; Don't turn the game into Call of Duty.

The most important thing, achivements, skulls, helmets: 
Colecting those skulls in Halo 3, driving those ghost, checking on the achivementlist what was next OMG that was soooo fun.
Insert this to new game. It is a must! The reach were you just had to play ALOT was not fun. And all the 100 chocies made the new armor not so cool after all.

I don't think the Achievements, or skulls, or armor permutations are the most important. Yes, they're great, but this is something I would put to the side if I was working on Halo - I would focus on either creating an amazing gameplay in multiplayer, or a great narrative in single player/story based gameplay segments, and then create achievements revolving around that. As for skulls, those were fun as well, but I always found the terminals more enticing purely because of their story-based prizes. Finally, I think new choices for the armor was definitely cool. Just like creating your own weapon loadouts, I found this to be personalizing my Spartan, helping me step into his shoes a lot more easier, thus placing me into the enjoyment of the game a lot more easier. The only annoyances I have about it is 1. No Flaming helmets or special armors that show you are part of something, and 2. The armor looks great up close, but you never get up close in the game. Back in Halo 3 you could easily tell what a person was wearing for armor, but in Halo 4 many of the things look so similar with these ridges and lines that its hard to tell what is what.

All in all, I enjoyed reading, although I did find somethings I didn't fully agree with, or simply didn't find to be important. In any case, if you do want to reach 343, I would suggest Halo Waypoint, as that is their official forums. However, to actually talk to 343 staff, you're probably gonna have to do a whole lot more stuff than just post a thread on a forum.

Attention to detail can be some of the best parts of a game as sometimes it will just put you in awe how much details the developers put into a game the smallest things build up into big packages. :)

< prime example

True. Like the assassinations for example, every movements affects their appearance. I think what he is trying to say is focus more on the big picture and don't get distracted. I'm sure they won't though. 343 won't let us down this time. ;)