Why do people not like the XBOX one? Seriously...Why?

Why in the world  are people not wanting to get XBOX one? All they did was go a little over board on the social media thing...

and who the hell cares if the Kinect will be on 24/7? Why in the hell do some idiots think that the NSA is watching them? To all those people that think like that: STOP BEING PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterChief-117

• Like 2

Why in the world  are people not wanting to get XBOX one? All they did was go a little over board on the social media thing...

and who the hell cares if the Kinect will be on 24/7? Why in the hell do some idiots think that the NSA is watching them? To all those people that think like that: STOP BEING PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterChief-117

Please don't call people idiots. They're just paranoid because of the whole Edward Snowden situation. If you knew the whole scale of what NSA did you would be paranoid too.

Also some people don't want the Xbox One because they don't like the Xbox or the games it has. People have opinions if they don't like a system let them. It doesn't affect you or your life if someone chose a PS4 over Xbox One. 

• Like 1

Well well well, where on earth do I begin how bad the console is.

• Ok, let's start with price. Do you honestly expect something that's bad to be worth at minimum $500? Let alone $600 in other countries such as my own. No, something that expensive should be absolutely dazzling, not the hunk of rubbish it is currently.
  • Microsoft had the intention of making the DRM stick, if everyone online hadn't kicked up that absolutely massive fuss about it, it would've been kept forever. It shows Microsoft don't give a damn about us, they only took it away because it was damaging their sales so much it wouldn't be a profit. Them with that mindset of completely controlling us is not what I want to support ever, and thus, won't.
  • The price for spec ratio. Not worth it, simple as that. I can get a computer or laptop that is faster and has better specs for the same or less price that Microsoft are selling their new console for. Overpriced and underspec'd, completely not worth it in my mind.
  • Being made to purchase something you will not use and do not want, the Kinect. Myself and so many others, thousands of people, hundreds of thousands even do not want the Kinect yet we are being forced into purchasing the Kinect with the Xbox which is worth around $100-150 which we could spend on so many other things like games or completely unrelated items. At first you had to have it connected at all times, not they just say you can 'disable' it, which I hardly believe, because why would they continue to make you purchase it if you can switch it off and not use it?
    The Kinect can and I guarantee will be hacked, not just by NSA, but hackers who can easily and I mean, easily access your Xbox for whatever reason. People who are quite talented in hacking wouldn't have any issue finding a way to see what others are up to with the camera and/or microphone turned on. So don't say people are being paranoid over nothing, because that's a huge privacy issue Microsoft aren't dealing with.
  • Lack of decent first exclusives. There are next to no smashing launch titles that come for the Xbox One. You have Ryse, Forza, and maybe Titanfall, even then, Titanfall is heading over to PS4 and will stay there. These are hardly massive launch title exclusives, the PS4 has a huge amount more of great looking ones, and then a huge amount more of decent/ok ones. Unless you were some addict who had to try Forza for example because you life depends on it, then it may be acceptable, but even then it's ridiculous.
  • Hideous console design is another factor, you cannot stand it up at all while it's on, it has to be on a horizontal axis. For whatever reason Microsoft were stupid about their designing and made it an awkward thing to work around if your location of TV/monitor screen won't allow the console to be flat down.
  • Not backwards compatible, completely insane whoever that person was who made that decision. You cannot play the Halo 4 disc in the Xbox One, instead you have to repurchase it in the store and download it,. not worth spending money on a game that you already have and can't play on a 'next gen' console.

Concluding just some of my points, the Xbox One is completely and utterly not worth paying for, disregarding any one of the points I just proposed is ignorance and stupidity.
I might just add I'm not supporting the PS4 either, even though it is better than the Xbox One, PC gaming is where you get your moneys worth and enjoy a lot more than these 'next gen' consoles that you seemed hyped about.

• Like 1

• Ok, let's start with price. Do you honestly expect something that's bad to be worth at minimum $500? Let alone $600 in other countries such as my own. No, something that expensive should be absolutely dazzling, not the hunk of rubbish it is currently.
  • Microsoft had the intention of making the DRM stick, if everyone online hadn't kicked up that absolutely massive fuss about it, it would've been kept forever. It shows Microsoft don't give a damn about us, they only took it away because it was damaging their sales so much it wouldn't be a profit. Them with that mindset of completely controlling us is not what I want to support ever, and thus, won't.
  • The price for spec ratio. Not worth it, simple as that. I can get a computer or laptop that is faster and has better specs for the same or less price that Microsoft are selling their new console for. Overpriced and underspec'd, completely not worth it in my mind.
  • Being made to purchase something you will not use and do not want, the Kinect. Myself and so many others, thousands of people, hundreds of thousands even do not want the Kinect yet we are being forced into purchasing the Kinect with the Xbox which is worth around $100-150 which we could spend on so many other things like games or completely unrelated items. At first you had to have it connected at all times, not they just say you can 'disable' it, which I hardly believe, because why would they continue to make you purchase it if you can switch it off and not use it?

The Kinect can and I guarantee will be hacked, not just by NSA, but hackers who can easily and I mean, easily access your Xbox for whatever reason. People who are quite talented in hacking wouldn't have any issue finding a way to see what others are up to with the camera and/or microphone turned on. So don't say people are being paranoid over nothing, because that's a huge privacy issue Microsoft aren't dealing with.

• Lack of decent first exclusives. There are next to no smashing launch titles that come for the Xbox One. You have Ryse, Forza, and maybe Titanfall, even then, Titanfall is heading over to PS4 and will stay there. These are hardly massive launch title exclusives, the PS4 has a huge amount more of great looking ones, and then a huge amount more of decent/ok ones. Unless you were some addict who had to try Forza for example because you life depends on it, then it may be acceptable, but even then it's ridiculous.
  • Hideous console design is another factor, you cannot stand it up at all while it's on, it has to be on a horizontal axis. For whatever reason Microsoft were stupid about their designing and made it an awkward thing to work around if your location of TV/monitor screen won't allow the console to be flat down.
  • Not backwards compatible, completely insane whoever that person was who made that decision. You cannot play the Halo 4 disc in the Xbox One, instead you have to repurchase it in the store and download it,. not worth spending money on a game that you already have and can't play on a 'next gen' console.

Concluding just some of my points, the Xbox One is completely and utterly not worth paying for, disregarding any one of the points I just proposed is ignorance and stupidity.

I might just add I'm not supporting the PS4 either, even though it is better than the Xbox One, PC gaming is where you get your moneys worth and enjoy a lot more than these 'next gen' consoles that you seemed hyped about.

Never before have I agreed more with you, except on the PC gaming part, but I'll let that slide.

MS tried to screw us over with Ads, SpyKinect, Paying DOUBLE for a game that you bought used, and a whole bunch of other out-of-the-country issues. They did fix MOST of those, granted. I'm waiting for a price drop to get it, I'm not spending extra on a useless Kinect 2.0. As for games... Eh... They are staying the same tbh.

Bottom line, I think several people are still butt hurt about the DRM policies and want to "stick it to the man." Me personally, I just want to have the best system and I'm not going to let something like that get in the way of my video game experience. Overall, the game selection from Microsoft is unmatched.

PS4 has Microsoft beat on the backward compatibility issue, I'll give them that. Hopefully Microsoft will do something about that.

As far as pricing goes, yes if I lived in a different country where the Xbox One was $600 and the PS4 was $400, I may go with the PS4. But since I live in the US, a $100 price difference really doesn't mean much for $400 vs $500. Plus, you're getting the Kinect (regardless of how much you plan to use it) included in that price. To the person who claims the Kinect "can and will be hacked," I would like to see some factual basis behind that statement because right now I can't see that being any more than one man's opinion, along with the opinion of the Xbox One design being "hideous." I, and others, don't think the new Xbox looks bad at all.

• Like 1

Never before have I agreed more with you, except on the PC gaming part, but I'll let that slide.

MS tried to screw us over with Ads, SpyKinect, Paying DOUBLE for a game that you bought used, and a whole bunch of other out-of-the-country issues. They did fix MOST of those, granted. I'm waiting for a price drop to get it, I'm not spending extra on a useless Kinect 2.0. As for games... Eh... They are staying the same tbh.

Spykinect? HAHAHAHAHA You're a silly goose. 

Games staying the same? Well the PS4 is too I mean at least X1 has Titanfall and the newest exlcusive PS4 has is....... KNACK!!!!!!! The again if you like Knack you're more then welcome to  I heard it has really nice controls. 

PC Gaming isn't where your money is that is just your opinion. The gaming PC I want to build will cost me $600 and its an amazing rig its my dream rig meanwhile the X1 and PS4 are both cheaper options and can play all the games I wanted to play at mostly similar settings sometimes the same. I don't care for graphics anyways the $600 was just to be able to play newer games at good framerates. 

People have loads of fun buying a console and playing the exclusives the whole argument of "PC Gaming is where its at" is stupid. I love PC Gaming and everyone should give it a shot. Mods are great and so are the amount of games always available, but people don't like it and thats ok.

At the end of the day let people buy what they want it isn't that hard of a concept to accept. This whole argument of which gaming platform is the best is just barbaric and we should all accept the fact that we're all gamers and we like playing games. People are going to have different opinions and thats perfectly fine. 

• Price - If you enjoy something then it's worth the money. Me personally, I think it's worth it. The games look fun, in my opinion and it has a lot of features.
  • DRM - Sony had the same intentions of including DRM, but after the backlash that Microsoft's reveal had, they decided to keep it covered up.
  • Specs don't make a good console. Good games do. What makes good games? Gameplay does. Not graphics.
  • Kinect - You can unplug the thing, you only need it for Kinect games and Skype and other apps that require it. You don't need it plugged in. Also, this whole thing about the NSA is simply paranoia.
  • That comes down to opinion. Me personally, I think the exclusives look great. Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Halo and others. You have stated your opinion as if it's a fact, and I HATE people who do that.
  • Design - Okay, I will agree with that.
  • Backwards compatibility - They would've had to use outdated architecture which means that there would be hardware limitations.

• Price - If you enjoy something then it's worth the money. Me personally, I think it's worth it. The games look fun, in my opinion and it has a lot of features.
  • DRM - Sony had the same intentions of including DRM, but after the backlash that Microsoft's reveal had, they decided to keep it covered up.
  • Specs don't make a good console. Good games do. What makes good games? Gameplay does. Not graphics.
  • Kinect - You can unplug the thing, you only need it for Kinect games and Skype and other apps that require it. You don't need it plugged in. Also, this whole thing about the NSA is simply paranoia.
  • That comes down to opinion. Me personally, I think the exclusives look great. Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Halo and others. You have stated your opinion as if it's a fact, and I HATE people who do that.
  • Design - Okay, I will agree with that.
  • Backwards compatibility - They would've had to use outdated architecture which means that there would be hardware limitations.

• Price- Fair Enough.
  • DRM- yes, they did, but they have a day one patch, getting rid of it, they are doing the right thing.
  • Specs- Actually, specs DO make a good game console. Not just the games.
  • Kinect- You can unplug it... So why is it being forced? Plus, the NSA has a bad track record, it makes sense that people would be upset over it.
  • Okay, fair enough here as well, you like the exclusives, good.
  • The Playstation 3 played PS2 games (according to my PS3 at least) and it worked fine, as well as graphics on games like LBP or God of War being high definition. So, why would Xbone need to use outdated architecture?

I'd like to direct those opposing the Xbox One, to these two Topics, courtesy of Total Mayhem.

Games Comparison:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/30675-choosing-a-next-gen-console/?do=findComment&comment=277044

Prices Comparison:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/31193-the-case-for-the-xbox-one/?do=findComment&comment=280343

In the end its all down the choice some want a Pc some don't understand how to make a PC and get a console instead

Some like the PlayStation some like Microsoft

some like dead rising and halo and some like killzone and knack

Its all down to what appeals most to whoever is buying it. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well some people don't exactly like the Xbox One. That probably means they are getting the Play Station 4, or just sticking to their normal Xbox. But just because people have different opinions doesn't mean you need to call them a idiot. The Xbox One I feel has a some what advantage, like who wouldn't want a portable console, with amazing games you can play on it.. Who cares if the Kinect is always on, what do you think they are gonna do watch your ever move? They are not doing some kind of dating service where they look at you 24/7 to see if your cute then find you. People are just ..

He's not calling you, or you or you OR you an idiot.

He's calling the ones who are going overboard about, like Black Buster Critic on YouTube. Really? Doesn't that guy have something better to do with his life?

MasterChief-117's hating on haters, but not the people who don't support it, or get another console.

About him saying that paranoid people are idiots, we all know that's not exactly what he meant. He doesn't mean to say something that extreme.

• Price- Fair Enough.
  • DRM- yes, they did, but they have a day one patch, getting rid of it, they are doing the right thing.
  • Specs- Actually, specs DO make a good game console. Not just the games.
  • Kinect- You can unplug it... So why is it being forced? Plus, the NSA has a bad track record, it makes sense that people would be upset over it.
  • Okay, fair enough here as well, you like the exclusives, good.
  • The Playstation 3 played PS2 games (according to my PS3 at least) and it worked fine, as well as graphics on games like LBP or God of War being high definition. So, why would Xbone need to use outdated architecture?

DRM - So did Microsoft, it's a moot point. Both companies are as bad as each other, and if anything, Sony are worse for covering it up and taking advantage of it, making Microsoft out to be the greedy company who don't care about their customers, when really they are just lying hypocrites!

Specs - Having better specs is an advantage, don't get me wrong, but why is everyone so obsessed with specs? Fun gameplay is what matters, not how good the game is.

Kinect - Maybe it's being forced so that people will be able to use more features, and they plan to really support it this time, unlike the Xbox 360 Kinect, which flopped so people would be put off of this one. They want to innovate, as opposed to making the same thing with better specs which is what Sony is doing.

Backwards compatibility - Neither consoles are backwards compatible and this is due to both of them using newer architecture. I don't really know much about it, but neither companies are making their consoles backwards compatible so why is Microsoft getting slandered for this and Sony getting a free pass?

Please don't call people idiots. They're just paranoid because of the whole Edward Snowden situation. If you knew the whole scale of what NSA did you would be paranoid too.

I agree. But you have to admit that most of us aren't Super-special-government agents trying to disclose and reveal top secret government information to the press (who always blows things out of proportions and makes even tiny things a really big deal). We have done nothing, and most likely will never do anything that the government can get pissey about. Unless you watch pirated movies, or listen to illegally downloaded music-Oh wait that's just about everyone that has internet. lol

Nah but seriously, we should be fine.  :turned: