Featured Map: Exin

Zandril

"If you can’t be criticized for it, it’s probably not remarkable. Are you devoting yourself to something devoid of criticism?"

Hello people of the forum. What do you think is the prettiest Forge canvas in Halo 4? Forge Island? Wrong.

It's Ravine. Seeing as I love Ravine so much, I decided to make another map in it. In fact, this is only my second competitive map on Ravine.

I call this map Exin.

Exin is latin for Next. Next = Next competitive map on Ravine. Yeah, I'm creative.

MbeDxHf.png

This map is asymmetric, pretty, and is built for 2v2. 1v1 can be played in the map as well but if you want action-packed gameplay, I suggest playing Exin on a 2v2.

Basically, I wanted to make a map that uses the waterfalls of Ravine. I've never seen a forge map put Ravine's waterfall area to good use so I decided to make a map that does.

That's the core idea that started this map. The waterfall. The pretty, pretty waterfall.

Exin is compatible with multiple gametypes. These being Slayer, Extraction, and KotH.

Something nice about this map is that its 3 power positions all serve different purposes in KotH and Extraction. Each power position overlooks a certain hill or extraction site which makes controlling that position essential to the victory.

For KotH and Extraction, a good strategy is having one teammate hold the hill/extract the target while his teammate goes to the power position overlooking that hill/site to prevent the enemy team from killing his teammate.

Controlling the power positions in this map in obective games is a MUST if a team wants to win.

RECOMMENDED GAMETYPES

Power weapons

- Sniper Rifle (90s respawn. 0 spare clips. Doesn't spawn at the start of the match.)
- Concussion Rifle (120s respawn. 0 spare clips.)

SCREENSHOTS

miBn8EB.jpg

TZ4MO83.jpg

Ds62Qxq.jpg

BMpekHq.jpg

0S03i2n.jpg

u2E2EP5.jpg

srnCpdp.jpg

NrOcjVI.jpg

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qESFsDH_kQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7ZdCwxmq8

Edited by Zandril
  • Like 1

MAP UPDATE

- Rearranged the hills and extraction sites. There is now one hill and extraction site in Red platform near the middle and by the platform beside Blue court.

- Added a DMR and Light Rifle.

- Gave Sniper an extra clip but increased its spawn time to 150s.

- Aesthetic changes.

MAP UPDATED (Check OP for new screenshots)

- Added 2 sets of frag grenades spawning every 30 seconds.

- Added a BR, DMR, LR, and Carbine.

- Changed Sniper and Concussion Rifle settings. Sniper spawn is delayed for 90 seconds with 0 spare clips. Concussion Rifle spawns every 2 minutes with 0 spare clips.

- Fixed killzones at the cliffside.

- Updated one of the easter eggs in the map (It's pretty cool actually).

- Minor aesthetic changes.

- Moved Red team's initial spawn back.

- Lowered invisible roof.