Theories correct  

20 members have voted

1. 1. The flood is most likely to be still alive

• Yes. They are a disease, and they are still working on the cure.
    • No. Master Chief had blown them up along with a halo ring in Halo 3.
  2. 2. Cortana is alive

• Yes, although there are many rumors of her non exsitence anymore, there are hints in Halo 4.
    • No Way! Cortana died when she protected Master Chief. It was the last of her energy. No way she could have survived.
  3. 3. The Arbiter is not comming back in Halo 5

• yes. There would be no reason for him to be in it, anyways.
    • No. There is a way where the Arbiter will help Master Chief with whatever it is he needs help on.

Although, there are many different theories, some can be the correct and some wrong. What do you think?

SOME OF THE FAMOUS TOPICS ARE:

The Arbiter is comming back

Cortana being alive

The Flood is still here

The dictator is still alive

The librarian is still alive and helping.

If you are asking me what i think, i think the Arbiter is comming back to help master chief find something. The Flood is still here. Cortana is alive, but is used as a slave by the dictator, but is still hiding something from him. The dictator is indeed alive. The librarian i am not sure.

Post and vote what you think!!!

Although, there are many different theories, some can be the correct and some wrong. What do you think?

SOME OF THE FAMOUS TOPICS ARE:

Cortana being alive

The Flood is still here

The dictator is still alive

If you are asking me what i think, i think the Arbiter is comming back to help master chief find something. The Flood is still here. Cortana is alive, but is used as a slave by the dictator, but is still hiding something from him. The dictator is indeed alive. The librarian i am not sure.

Post and vote what you think!!!

*Didact. We do not know if he is still alive, but I would assume he is. His "death" in Halo 4 was so lousy it seems obvious he is still alive. 

Of course the Flood are still alive, I mean making the flood extinct would be the worse decision ever.

In December there will be a new Halo comic entitled Halo Escalation that will follow the events of the Arbiter and Infinity going to discuss things with the Brutes. I have a feeling this will help link why the Arbiter may or may not return for Halo 5

flood may not come back in the games or they may i sure hope they do though. but they are definitely still in the galaxy waiting for their chance to come out of the dark and exact their revenge from the first three halo games. i think didact is somewhat alive but not fullu alive and same with cortana. maybe chief has illusions of her like in halo 3 or to him halsey starts to act like cortana and keeps mixing cotana and halsey up. not sure about arbiter but i think and hope he comes back.

The Flood is a widely spread disease and it is likely that there is still some existence of them. They probably won't return in Halo 5 but I can imagine them in Halo 6. Maybe the ending of Halo 5 on Legendary shows a cutscene hinting that the Flood will return?

Cortana is likely to still be alive, or there is another way of reviving her. Chief will do whatever he can to get her back.

The Arbiter is still alive and was once aboard the UNSC Infinity. He will help Master Chief if he needs him.

We know the Didact is still alive because we hear him talking at the end of Halo 4 and he is immune to the effects of the Composer.

• Like 2

We know the Didact is still alive because we hear him talking at the end of Halo 4 and he is immune to the effects of the Composer.

Exactly. Game Making Companies do leave such hints in games for us to pickup. Anyways, we didn't see him "die" There was that blast and he falls away, but he can probably still be alive. I mean, look at how powerful he is. 

But anyways, I think Cortana can be retrieved. The part of her at the... um... yeah Composer(forgot the word) probably died, but he can retrieve her somehow, somewhere. I'm sure of this because anywhere in the theories/wishlists of Halo 5, "Cortana Back" is one sure thing you'll see. And 343i will have to make the game so that people "like it", wont they? :yes

The flood were destroyed on the new ring, but what about the remnants of Halo CE 's and Halo 2's rings? Aren't those still infested?

Cortana was based off a person, so her human counterpart still has a chance of existence.

And as for Arby, MAYBE. If there is a plot where they can work together. It's all depending on the story.

Exactly. Game Making Companies do leave such hints in games for us to pickup. Anyways, we didn't see him "die" There was that blast and he falls away, but he can probably still be alive. I mean, look at how powerful he is. 

But anyways, I think Cortana can be retrieved. The part of her at the... um... yeah Composer(forgot the word) probably died, but he can retrieve her somehow, somewhere. I'm sure of this because anywhere in the theories/wishlists of Halo 5, "Cortana Back" is one sure thing you'll see. And 343i will have to make the game so that people "like it", wont they? :yes

I agree. I don't want 343 to bend the story for us to like it though. I want whatever is meant to happen, to happen. I don't want them to completely mess up the story because of how some fans want it to be. What happens in the Halo Universe is not to be changed.

• Like 1

flood and cortana will be back

Woah! You're on a roll! Can you explain why they will be back or give more detail? I don't want to annoy you but most users post why they think that or go deeper into the subject. You're just throwing out posts that don't require time or effort. I would be grateful if you re-post things with more detail or evidence or a reason or an explanation or at least post more useful things from now on. Thank you.

Overall, I agree with your points. I think it's likely for Cortana to return and it's possible for the Flood to still be out there. I already explained why above.

The flood were destroyed on the new ring, but what about the remnants of Halo CE 's and Halo 2's rings? Aren't those still infested?

Cortana was based off a person, so her human counterpart still has a chance of existence.

And as for Arby, MAYBE. If there is a plot where they can work together. It's all depending on the story.

well the first halo was basically destroyed and most of the remnants of the ring was on fire from TPOA (the pillar of autumn) so i think the fllod would have burned to death except a few that would have somehow gone onto the planet next to the ring. where as the second halo im not sure. i think all of the flood invaded high charity so there would be none on the second halo. but didn't the second eventually get destroyed. because i read and saw in halo evolutions that the second found halo was destroyed somehow. i dont know how it was but it was. anyways there could be flood on there but there would be no way for them to escape. unless they stowed away on one of the ships leaving the second halo back in the end of halo 2. but if that happened where would it have gone. so ya. im just questioning with you how they would escape

well the first halo was basically destroyed and most of the remnants of the ring was on fire from TPOA (the pillar of autumn) so i think the fllod would have burned to death except a few that would have somehow gone onto the planet next to the ring. where as the second halo im not sure. i think all of the flood invaded high charity so there would be none on the second halo. but didn't the second eventually get destroyed. because i read and saw in halo evolutions that the second found halo was destroyed somehow. i dont know how it was but it was. anyways there could be flood on there but there would be no way for them to escape. unless they stowed away on one of the ships leaving the second halo back in the end of halo 2. but if that happened where would it have gone. so ya. im just questioning with you how they would escape

In Halo 3 they had drop pods, they also have taken over ships. They could easily find a way to another planet and repopulate there. There are probably already flood on other planets anyway. As, I said before, they are a widely spread disease.

i know they are and yes they did take ships but they were all either destroyed with the destruction of the halo installation 04 and the ark from crash landing on it and thus destroying their way to escape  or in battles and battle fields the humans and covenant destroyed them so ya. but they can easily capture a ship visiting one of the destroyed halos. its just that there hasn't been a ship visiting either for a very long time. and i do agree there is a very high chance that they can escape a planet and start their infestation all over again

i know they are and yes they did take ships but they were all either destroyed with the destruction of the halo installation 04 and the ark from crash landing on it and thus destroying their way to escape  or in battles and battle fields the humans and covenant destroyed them so ya. but they can easily capture a ship visiting one of the destroyed halos. its just that there hasn't been a ship visiting either for a very long time. and i do agree there is a very high chance that they can escape a planet and start their infestation all over again

They are always out there. It will be almost impossible to get rid of them all.

They are always out there. It will be almost impossible to get rid of them all.

agreed. it will be. its just that how long would it be until they return is my point. it could be a long time like a few years to hundreds to thousands of years. like after the rings were fired it had been 100,000 years since they had been released in halo 1. or they could be released tomorrow and kill us all

agreed. it will be. its just that how long would it be until they return is my point. it could be a long time like a few years to hundreds to thousands of years. like after the rings were fired it had been 100,000 years since they had been released in halo 1. or they could be released tomorrow and kill us all

Lol. 

I think that there are more somewhere further away from the rings that have been growing and spreading for a long time. It will be even harder to get rid of them next time, but the UNSC's technology has been advancing so they shouldn't be as hard to take on as last time...or are they even worse?

-Maybe as a minor character, but he won't be playable in Halo 5 or 6. My reasoning is because Halo 4 seemed to set up the series to be Master Chief's story.

Cortana being alive

- I doubt she will return in Halo 5 unless it is the very end, but it will probably be a major part of the story. I actually think that it would be possible for Halsey to do something, but Chief will have to kill her.

The Flood is still here

-Definitely, they weren't all destroyed on the ark, and the newest book brings more information about them possibly setting them up as a primary protagonist for Halo 6.

The Didact is still alive

- Probably, he can't be composed, and it is highly likely his suit was able to withstand going through slipspace. If the initial blast of the grenade didn't kill him, he is alive.

-I don't think so, at least going by what she said in the game. However she most likely helped 100,000 years ago.

A quick opinion of what the next two games might be about.

Halo 5 will be about finding a replacement for Cortana for Chief. But he will somehow get involved with the UNSC's fight against the Covenant, and inevitably have to kill Halsey. Somehow the both Didacts will be tied into the story, possibly ending with the bad one's death. Either way Humanity and the whatever Forerunner will have to come to some agreement in order to defeat the flood who have returned.

In Halo 6 the main antagonist will be the flood, possibly having a couple of actual precursors who deemed both the forerunner and humans to be corrupt or whatever. Master Chief will kill himself to save the galaxy, and as a tacky ending Cortana will have returned, and he says something she said in Halo 4 when she died.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the novels, we know their are flood remnants that escaped halo far out into unknown space, but it is still a mystery as to what happened to it. My guess is it's still out there and might come back.

We know what the arbiter is doing in the Kilo Five trilogy. However, it's not entirely known what he does currently. We know he's on his planet, trying to keep it together while more Sangheili join the new covenant, but will he rejoin against them. I would say yes, very much likely, but as a warrior in full armor... I don't know. The K5 trilogy does not have him in armor and he has retired from military service to govern the Vadam province. So, unless all the provinces go to war, his duty would be Governig his province and keeping it together.

I'm doubtful Cortana will be back, but I would love for the Flood and Arbiter to return.

For the flood, I hope 343i show how they have further evolved, like how Halo 3 had the three new forms of flood (two of which for some reason reminded me of the crawlers and knights of Halo 4). Maybe give them the ability to infect Jackals and Grunts. Infected Spartan 4's would also be an interesting enemy to fight as well.

I'm doubtful Cortana will be back, but I would love for the Flood and Arbiter to return.

For the flood, I hope 343i show how they have further evolved, like how Halo 3 had the three new forms of flood (two of which for some reason reminded me of the crawlers and knights of Halo 4). Maybe give them the ability to infect Jackals and Grunts. Infected Spartan 4's would also be an interesting enemy to fight as well.

They already can infect jackals, grunts and Spartan IV's but for some reason they were never in any of the games. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The librarian - when she pulled John/Chief already said that she was "whats left of the forerunner called the librarian" so the AI or some other instance is probaby more correct.

There are tons of ways to bring Cortana back such as:

A. (Scene from beginning of Forward unto Dawn) When her code glitches and latches onto John while he's in cryo sleep, Cortana may have left part of herself inside him or his armor.

B. (End of 5) When we see the Didact fall 1. He gives a long speech at the end - are we to assume from that he's alive aside from the point he was already immune to the composer? 2. If he was then part of Cortana had to be either within the composer or the Didact because she was binding him when he "fell." However Cortana already stated that most of her was "down there" referring to the bits and pieces left behind after the nuke went off.

C. Can we assume that somehow either the librarian (when she basically took Cortana) already made a copy/back up of her somewhere or Cortana still has a copy of herself in a computer or system some place else?

But there are several more ways to bring her back if thats what 343 wants to do. However 343 said they wanted John/Chief to really go through the Heroes delemma process of how they don't always succeed that sometimes they do fail and that he needed something to really shock him to his core and really get him to finally realize his own humanity that Cortana was trying to show him for so long, but I can't imagine the game without her anymore. So personally I'm hoping they find a way for John/ Chief to bring her back but then that may not be part of the story although you have to wonder if he will find a way to keep his promise to her in some fashion since he most likely feels as if he failed her. We already know that he sacrificed himself and her (at the end of 4) knowing they wouldn't make it out, but as he said "they were supposed to go together."

Obviously we will get to see how that really affects him in 5 but since Cortana has been so vital it could really go both ways - either we will never see her or we will get to see her revived at the end or he reunites with her in some form or fashion or he comes to terms with losing her and finds a way to move on.

Arbiter may have a comeback possibility since we already know that he didn't believe that Chief was dead and from what we see in the trailer it appears that John is close to the area we last saw Arbiter. Since producers leaked that Chief is hiding in the trailer for 5 on purpose, and that John has gone rogue.

Is this from him trying to cope with losing Cortana? Him not able to take orders? Or him finding out about Halsey now working with the enemy? Or all of the above?

Either way he's going to need some form of help and either creating new friends/ foes = great idea but also rehashing old friend/foes is a good way to close open plot holes with previous installments and touch roots with the original story lines or characters.

Back to the original point about the librarian and Cortana... Chief still needs to "unlock" the gifts that the librarian gave him - who's to say he doesn't have the ability to bring Cortana back on his own? (Just a thought.)

• Like 1