Infinity Doubles (my opinion)

T34M Paradox

Infinity Doubles should be removed from team doubles because I always get it and the reason why it should be removed is because people cant help but shoot their teammates in pro and they need they're loadouts and a radar to be good even if they are a stat ***** which I am but I just don't sit in one spot and get kills (unless if it is on multi-team for storm and suppresser kills). (when me and my friend invite them to a 2v2 custom they would always leave and call us trash because its a v4 2v2 pgl settings)

My thing with doubles is this:

Most of the time with doubles there are two power weapons (too many), one on each side of the map, and these weapons respawn too quickly. From what I've seen this has really minimized battling and the utilization of teamwork. If 343 would put one power weapon in the middle of each map and be more strict on the respawn time, doubles would be a much better gametype.

I disagree.

First of all, let me just say that reading the OP made my eyes and my head hurt.

Secondly, I think the Doubles playlist is just fine. Team doubles is where players go to for a more competitive experience of the game (Well, as competitive as Halo 4 can get. :P). If you're a casual who'd go to the doubles playlist for a calmer game with fewer people, you're in for a surprise.

Seeing as the doubles playlist is that competitive, it's only right that the settings are also competitive. Which means friendly fire and no radar belong in that playlist.

There's nothing competitive about players being able to start with their own loadouts. But giving everyone the same starting weapon is.

Having no radar increases the games competitiveness as it forces players to be more aware and to work with their teammate. Which is the way things should be in team doubles.

As for power weapons, 2 power weapons in a 2v2 map is definitely not too many. I think it's just the right number. I always have 2 power weapons in my 2v2 maps and it always works well for the map.

And I like fast spawning weapons. Players should be thinking competitively in a 2v2 and should be more aware.

Fast spawning weapons reward awareness.

I disagree.

First of all, let me just say that reading the OP made my eyes and my head hurt.

Secondly, I think the Doubles playlist is just fine. Team doubles is where players go to for a more competitive experience of the game (Well, as competitive as Halo 4 can get. :P). If you're a casual who'd go to the doubles playlist for a calmer game with fewer people, you're in for a surprise.

Seeing as the doubles playlist is that competitive, it's only right that the settings are also competitive. Which means friendly fire and no radar belong in that playlist.

There's nothing competitive about players being able to start with their own loadouts. But giving everyone the same starting weapon is.

Having no radar increases the games competitiveness as it forces players to be more aware and to work with their teammate. Which is the way things should be in team doubles.

As for power weapons, 2 power weapons in a 2v2 map is definitely not too many. I think it's just the right number. I always have 2 power weapons in my 2v2 maps and it always works well for the map.

And I like fast spawning weapons. Players should be thinking competitively in a 2v2 and should be more aware.

Fast spawning weapons reward awareness.

I agree with you that Doubles should be a competitive playlist. It absolutely should be.

On the power weapon subject:

If the power weapons spawn to quickly, and there are too many of them, the result is the power weapons taking up way more kills in the game than a power weapon should. In my opinion, teams should battle for the power weapons, not spawn with one of their own. When there are too many power weapons it takes some of the competitiveness out of the game and those people that don't even have the skill to shoot with a primary weapon (BR, DMR, etc.) are now easily getting kills. There's no battling with someone who has rockets, incineration cannon, etc.

The quick spawning of the weapons usually leads to each team having a power weapon at all times (or even worse, one team having multiple power weapons), which, again, takes away from the primary weapon battles that most of us like to engage in.

I agree with you that Doubles should be a competitive playlist. It absolutely should be.

On the power weapon subject:

If the power weapons spawn to quickly, and there are too many of them, the result is the power weapons taking up way more kills in the game than a power weapon should. In my opinion, teams should battle for the power weapons, not spawn with one of their own. When there are too many power weapons it takes some of the competitiveness out of the game and those people that don't even have the skill to shoot with a primary weapon (BR, DMR, etc.) are now easily getting kills. There's no battling with someone who has rockets, incineration cannon, etc.

The quick spawning of the weapons usually leads to each team having a power weapon at all times (or even worse, one team having multiple power weapons), which, again, takes away from the primary weapon battles that most of us like to engage in.

It just all comes down to the settings of the weapons. 2 power weapons is just right. It's just their spawn time that would affect a game.

It just all comes down to the settings of the weapons. 2 power weapons is just right. It's just their spawn time that would affect a game.

Faster weapon spawns definitely affect the game, as mentioned before. I enjoy the battle when one power weapon is spawned in the middle of the map between two teams. It really gets the action going when two teams are gunning it out over one weapon.

My solution to all of this would be to drop one power weapon in between the teams maybe 2 or 3 times per game and let the battling commence.

Faster weapon spawns definitely affect the game, as mentioned before. I enjoy the battle when one power weapon is spawned in the middle of the map between two teams. It really gets the action going when two teams are gunning it out over one weapon.

My solution to all of this would be to drop one power weapon in between the teams maybe 2 or 3 times per game and let the battling commence.

One power weapon in the middle. Then have the other power weapon spawn later on in the game. Although that's not possible with ordnance drops.

Which brings me to the statement that classic weapon spawns is better as it allows people to spawn them later in the game with controlled ammo counts.

I've always like fast spawning power weapons in 1 v 1's and 2 v 2's. Like Zandril said, it rewards awareness, but it also rewards movement. It can force players who are set up in a power position to abandon it for the weapon, or have the other team/player get the power weapon more easily and try and force the set up team/player to give up their position. 

I remember  1 v 1's/ 2 v 2's in Reach were comprised of 60/90 sec snipers (no spare clip) and grenade launchers. I think the issue in 2 v 2's in Halo 4 is that power weapons are more powerful than ideal, and the only things I can see being competitive is the sniper, concussion and speed boost. Keep to those and I really don't see any issue with having 2 power weapons on map. 

I do agree that infinity gametypes suck though, not enjoyable at all. 

I've always like fast spawning power weapons in 1 v 1's and 2 v 2's. Like Zandril said, it rewards awareness, but it also rewards movement. It can force players who are set up in a power position to abandon it for the weapon, or have the other team/player get the power weapon more easily and try and force the set up team/player to give up their position. 

I remember  1 v 1's/ 2 v 2's in Reach were comprised of 60/90 sec snipers (no spare clip) and grenade launchers. I think the issue in 2 v 2's in Halo 4 is that power weapons are more powerful than ideal, and the only things I can see being competitive is the sniper, concussion and speed boost. Keep to those and I really don't see any issue with having 2 power weapons on map. 

I do agree that infinity gametypes suck though, not enjoyable at all. 

I always use UNITY settings for 1v1s and 2v2s. They actually make the game somewhat enjoyable for me. :)