Xbox One and Kinect 2's exact size, cable length revealed.

Ghost Recon

http://www.oxm.co.uk/64671/xbox-one-and-kinect-2s-exact-size-cable-length-revealed/

Shocking news, everybody - the Xbox One is, indeed, slightly larger than the Xbox 360. A whole 6.3 cm longer, in fact. Forget making space beneath your television - you're going to need a living room extension to accommodate that behemoth. Add in the new Kinect sensor, and you might as well just knock a wall down and mount your flatscreen on the wall across the street. Honest.

The details arrive care of a "confirmed Xbox one dev" on Reddit, as noticed by Gamepur. Those who, like me, have trouble with numbers may prefer the below video, in which we show new and old iterations of Xbox side by side. Or one atop the other, rather. Ooh, matron.

Console (LxWxH):

13.1" x 10.8" x 3.1"

33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm

Kinect 2 (LxWxH):

9.8" x 2.6" x 2.63"

24.9cm x 6.6cm x 6.7cm

Kinect cable approx. 9.5 feet (2.9m) long

Edit: Measured with a tape where the precision is 1/8" so all values are an approximation.

For reference, the Xbox 360 Slim measures roughly 27cm by 26cm by 7.8cm. Size matters?

Wow I think that the console needs a lot of room to breath if you have it standing up since I read somewhere that it will not be good to have it laying down, or the other way around. Also I think that is a very long Kinect cable to have connected to the Xbox One. Also I think that I read somewhere that the Kinect will not always have to be connected to the Xbox One, I think it will have a cable that you can always plug in or out. Also who is ready for the Xbox One to come out?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/64671/xbox-one-and-kinect-2s-exact-size-cable-length-revealed/

Shocking news, everybody - the Xbox One is, indeed, slightly larger than the Xbox 360. A whole 6.3 cm longer, in fact. Forget making space beneath your television - you're going to need a living room extension to accommodate that behemoth. Add in the new Kinect sensor, and you might as well just knock a wall down and mount your flatscreen on the wall across the street. Honest.

Is this sarcasm? Because if it is it isn't well executed and if it isn't 6.3cm isn't that much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...