Do you think Halo 5 will have MLG?

Ghost Recon

• 1 month later...

Something with Halo and MLG came up recently.

I think that's more to see if Halo is still popular with the MLG circuit or if people have moved on.

could mean nothing really. Same as the first MCC event will mean nothing, because everyone will tune in to see MCC if there is an event.

I think that's more to see if Halo is still popular with the MLG circuit or if people have moved on.

could mean nothing really. Same as the first MCC event will mean nothing, because everyone will tune in to see MCC if there is an event.

True, but it could also be hinting towards MLG returning in Halo 5. I guess we just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, considering we've got MLG making a competition on Halo 3, it's likely that they're hinting a comeback with either Halo: MCC or Halo 5. We'll probably being seeing the MLG playlist return to multiplayer soon. It would make sense to see MLG come back to Halo: MCC because it has Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, so I don't see why they wouldn't return.

• Like 1

Yeah, considering we've got MLG making a competition on Halo 3, it's likely that they're hinting a comeback with either Halo: MCC or Halo 5. We'll probably being seeing the MLG playlist return to multiplayer soon. It would make sense to see MLG come back to Halo: MCC because it has Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, so I don't see why they wouldn't return.

I actually think MLG would approach 343i over having more Halo tournaments instead of 343i coming to them first.

Kinda like MLG being the ex-girlfriend who dumped you, and then you become more interesting and she notices that and comes crawling back.

I actually think MLG would approach 343i over having more Halo tournaments instead of 343i coming to them first.

Kinda like MLG being the ex-girlfriend who dumped you, and then you become more interesting and she notices that and comes crawling back.

I think a lot of it could depend on MCC too.

If people enjoy MCC, that means more likely that there will be higher sales of Halo 5 and therefore a higher fan base/multiplayer base, which is good for something like MLG.

That sort of implies that MLG did the dumping. Which is funny because 343i already had someone set up to take the competitive part of Halo before the announcement that MLG wouldn't be doing it happened.

So it's more like MLG being that one guy who wants the girl back but is shocked at how much she's changed.

^

Why is that so?

Wasn't Social there for people who did not want to play the 1 to 50 ranking system and for the more casual playlists? :)

I never said it won't have social, i said BECAUSE of dedicated servers, there will be ranked, as now there will be no more DDOSing.

All competitive/big multiplayer FPS have to offer a casual/serious side.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Im sure majority of the people here played the beta version of H5 now I am 19 I been playing halo for as long add I remember those days on CE. The beta felt so much like H2 with more of an H3 style I honestly think the merge was successful with this game. Me and my brother use to watch MLG tourney on G4 when it was still around and montages on YouTube I can almost guarantee the return of Halo competitive side the ranking made you want to win no one wants to drop in rank no spoils but 50 exp for the loser. I am telling you Halo is going to take back it's circuit from COD later this year

• Like 1