Do you think Halo 5 will have MLG?

Ghost Recon

I hope it does or doesn't.

What do you mean you "hope it does or doesn't" It doesn't feel like you put much effort into this post whatsoever it would be nice if you explained your views on this. Discussions are always fun.

To answer your question. Most likely not, Call Of Duty dominates the MLG scene now we will probably see the return of more competitive Halo tournaments but not MLG circuit stuff like before. 

• Like 2

I am not a big fan of MLG but if they added MLG to Halo 5, I hope the Weapons are balanced and that MLG players don't just use the same Weapon over and over again, just like Halo 4 they use to use the Battle Rifle a lot and not use other weapons like the Sniper Rifle or the DMR. That is my opinion.

I am not a big fan of MLG but if they added MLG to Halo 5, I hope the Weapons are balanced and that MLG players don't just use the same Weapon over and over again, just like Halo 4 they use to use the Battle Rifle a lot and not use other weapons like the Sniper Rifle or the DMR. That is my opinion.

The sniper isn't in competitive play, well anymore at least I've seen it in Halo 3. They use the battle rifle because it is the best overall weapon in the game to use. It's also quite balanced, power weapons(Like the sniper) aren't. "MLG" isn't just something you add to a game MLG is  Major League Gaming. It's an Esport league not a gamemode. What you're talking about is "competitive" play. 

I hope it does or doesn't.

Like what Bnus said, if you are going to post something, make it useful. Something that can be discussed or a reply to something else.

Anyway, I don't think they will be returning. They chose to leave Halo 4, if they come back to join Halo 5, they will be doing it to look good.

• Like 1

Well, I mean I actually kind of enjoyed MLG, I was always a gamer that wanted competition. But sometimes I kinda of raged when I died in MLG, most of the time I enjoyed playing it but others times.. meh xD. But I actually really hope the next Halo has MLG. They probably will, because most Halo's did have MLG. I think..

Well, I mean I actually kind of enjoyed MLG, I was always a gamer that wanted competition. But sometimes I kinda of raged when I died in MLG, most of the time I enjoyed playing it but others times.. meh xD. But I actually really hope the next Halo has MLG. They probably will, because most Halo's did have MLG. I think..

I don't like MLG because they take things to seriously and rage about everything easily. I've beaten many MLG players before in Halo 3 and Halo Reach. I don't see them as professional, I see them as bad players. Obviously this is only my opinion, you have the right to disagree with me. I just don't like them, I like good Halo players. Some of the members of MLG might be good players (not in terms of skill), but most of them only play to get paid. They made their decision, they chose to leave Halo. I wouldn't be happy if they returned. They are either dedicated or they are not. I honestly didn't play the MLG game mode much, I just stuck to the original playlists and game modes.

• 1 month later...

If you ask me, the next Halo should have Major League Gaming in it, I enjoy the challenge it offers, being put into a match with other players that are actually skilled, not the less than average skilled players you'll find in regular matchmaking games. It allows for you to truly get better, instead of, pardon my language, merking a bunch of annoying 12-year-olds.

Naw, not really. MLG really is not as good as people made it out to be. Take COD for example. people thing the new COD games, Post-modern warfare, are the "Pinnacle of gaming", but the original trilogy was the best. The world war 2 COD games conditioned you to use skill to adapt and survive, but the games nowadays revolve around "2 rocket perks" and "juggernauts". that's not pro-gaming, that's unrealistic. even in halo, the enemy A.I almost never did the same thing twice, so why should this game condition you to do so. at least in the world war 2 COD games you were actually learning something about a dark time in america's history. The only "Modern" COD game I consider to be good is the original Black Ops, because at least you were learning about a part of the cold war as you played, rather than using complicated drones and tech to survive. I guess the point i'm trying to make here is that MLG is like the new COD games, casual gaming being the World War 2 games. Games are supposed to be for fun and teach you how to think on your feet, not to play seriously and make money of them, which is probably why some people don't like new COD games.

MLG return? Of course i just wanna go into a game and make that team lose and prepare for raging! Makes great videos.

I think he means MLG actually returning and having Halo on the circuit

If you want an MLG playlist just go play Team Throwdown 

The only 2 reasons I would want Halo 5 to have MLG alongside with it are;

1. MLG in past Halo titles (H2, H3, H:Reach) have all had a strong competitiveness about them, Halo 3 more-so however. This ensured that the developers worked more on making the game a strong competitive game in some, but not all areas. With Halo 4, there is next to no proper competitiveness, no incentive to win at all, because at the end of the game the losers only get ~400exp less than the winners, and they'd still be getting over 2000exp. If Halo 5 were to have MLG, 343i would focus on making the multiplayer a lot more competitive in areas (probably separating the playlists like in Halo 3) which would keep a large portion of the Halo fanbase happy, while keeping the casual play-to-have-fun players around in their less competitive playlists such as Big Team Battle.
  2. The major problem with Halo 4 is the lack of players still playing the game, this was almost entirely due to the multiplayer being an extremely casual one (in my opinion). Reach saw the beginning of the end, the credit system killed a lot of incentive to win, however it kept a lot of the players hooked because of the fun it had and the variety of new gametypes that it offers. That and the wish to become an Inheritor spartan.
    Halo 4's initial rank system was utterly awful, 343i didn't learn from Bungie's mistake of having a credit/exp based rank system, and only made it 130 ranks which were reached in no time at all. The half year delay for a 'proper' rank system which should've been implemented in the first place, the CSR, had too many flaws that the many players that came back for that just left because it wasn't what they were expecting from a game like Halo 3. Though I admit Halo series should move on and I don't want a clone copy of Halo 2/3, the ranking system was far superior and kept a competitive edge with players that made most people want to win no matter what. This isn't what Halo 4 had, though it should've.
    Getting to the point, by allowing MLG back into the arena with a proper rank system/separation of playlists, a large portion of Halo fans would come back to the game and would flood the servers for many many months, and possibly years. This being unlike Halo 4 which in a continual player stat is an utter failure.
  • Like 3

If this game was for casuals, there would be more than 15,000 players on at a time.

This game is actually extremely competitive with the right settings. i50's settings are removing sprint, aim assist, and bullet magnetism while tightening BR for their event. Before anybody says, "Well they had to adjust the settings to make it competitive", that has been done in every Halo game.

Also, 343 doesn't need MLG and has enough of your cash to make their own competitive events. I don't recall seeing Johnny No-thumbs doing any good at the Halo Grand Championships. No, it was well-established good players like Enable, igoturpistola, and Formal.

The game is competitive and Halo 5 doesn't need MLG. Kids don't play CoD because they want to be MLG. It is because that is what all their friends play and it is easier to pick-up and jump into.

Halo 4 MM is less forgiving if you are not familiar with it.

If this game was for casuals, there would be more than 15,000 players on at a time.

This game is actually extremely competitive with the right settings. i50's settings are removing sprint, aim assist, and bullet magnetism while tightening BR for their event. Before anybody says, "Well they had to adjust the settings to make it competitive", that has been done in every Halo game.

Also, 343 doesn't need MLG and has enough of your cash to make their own competitive events. I don't recall seeing Johnny No-thumbs doing any good at the Halo Grand Championships. No, it was well-established good players like Enable, igoturpistola, and Formal.

The game is competitive and Halo 5 doesn't need MLG. Kids don't play CoD because they want to be MLG. It is because that is what all their friends play and it is easier to pick-up and jump into.

Halo 4 MM is less forgiving if you are not familiar with it.

Regardless of what you say Halo 4 took a much more casual approach compared to previous games. The game is still competitive but not as much as lets a say: Halo 3. I like the idea of Halo 4 also being more casual friendly but you do realize that just because a game is casual doesn't mean it will have more players right? LoL has more players then Halo at all times and its a very competitve game. Same with Counterstrike, Starcraft, and various other titles. even Halo 3 has more players online then Halo 4 at some times. Casual =/= More players. 

A lot of MLG Halo players left Halo because it wasn't on the circuit anymore. They're pro-gamers they get money for playing video games, and CoD replaced Halo as the main game so they switched over(Some switched for other reasons but I believe Ghandi switched over to CoD but still loves Halo I believe he is hosting a Halo tournament after the AGL incident.) 

MLG also brought the Halo community more attention and attracted more interest in the franchise. Halo would not be the same game it is today if it wasn't for MLG. You're right we're just fine without it but if MLG support came back it would help us.

Halo 4 MM is eh. I liked the idea of ranked/social playlist. Organization is key and its better to separate the casuals from the competitives. 

Edited by Buns

I think halo 5 will have mlg if they produce a tournament like a week after release and also if the game is well balanced and the multiplayer has a compettive game mode  for the leagues to decide its compettive

Halo 4 is competitive. It is just as competitive as CoD.

The only reason MLG doesn't support Halo anymore is because it doesn't bring in the views like it used too. CoD brings in more views for MLG which means more money. 

Bnus Halo 4 is no competitive that is why MLG dropped it default sprint random weapon spawns Xp ranking system yes lots of issues with Halo 4 have been taken care of but the point still stands today halo 4 was a huge fail if it was trying to be comptive  

I am going to go as far as to say MLG was halo backbone. :)

Bnus Halo 4 is no competitive that is why MLG dropped it default sprint random weapon spawns Xp ranking system yes lots of issues with Halo 4 have been taken care of but the point still stands today halo 4 was a huge fail if it was trying to be comptive  

I am going to go as far as to say MLG was halo backbone. :)

Caboose I am sorry but that was just a bad joke.

Halo 4 was competitive. Was it as competitive as Halo 3? No. Was it competitive? Yes.

You're the last person who should judge whether Halo 4 was competitive  or not. 

Under the default settings Halo 4 was very casual but to my knowledge you are unaware that there is thing called "game settings" that allow you to change the settings of a gametype. (Fleshback even said "under the right settings" We all know the default settings are casual.)

If you think MLG was the backbone of Halo then obviously you have never heard of the Halo community. This community played a more important role in bringing Halo to what it is today then MLG. Although MLG did help a whole bunch and Halo would be very different without it. (Isn't that ironic you're on a Halo community forum and go as far as to say that MLG was more important then the community. A little harsh)

You also forgot MLG didn't drop Halo 4 because it had sprint. They dropped it because Call Of Duty became the more popular shooter and was bringing in the money and views. Halo wasn't. It takes money to fund MLG events and pay pro players(some do this for a living). So I don't really blame them. You also forgot that MLG hosted a small Halo 4 tournament before it was released. 

Edited by Buns

I hope not. I hated it. People got way too serious about it. I know it's Major League Gaming but damn, if I can't get a kill with hearing "You motherfu*king bi*ch" there's no point to hearing it all day. I've muted at least 500 people cussing me out. It's so childish.

You obvisouly don't know what MLG is then.

The playlist is filled with quite a few disrespectful people but so is every game. On the other hand MLG can only help the community.

You have a mute button just mute them easy as that. No need to not want it just because you decided not to play another playlist. 

It would be nice. I want Ranked and Social games back, give players who like to be competitive their Ranked Games. And, give softcore gamers social games. It's the best of both worlds. Well of course anyone can play what they want but I'm just saying competitive players and softcore as an example.

• Like 2

*groan

Okay Bnus I am not posting that MLG is more important than the Halo community but look at Halo 4 look how much the game population went down as soon as they realised Halo 4 was no completive it Halo 4 failed in that way and I am going to out here and say it Halo 4 was a failure of a game and this is no joke look as the population goes down in halo charts and even at times  Halo 3 beat it ! and for most of it Halo Reach had a better population when it came out over the months. This is why MLG is important it is the backbone of Halo !

And no Bnus this is no bad joke ! :)  

*groan

Okay Bnus I am not posting that MLG is more important than the Halo community but look at Halo 4 look how much the game population went down as soon as they realised Halo 4 was no completive it Halo 4 failed in that way and I am going to out here and say it Halo 4 was a failure of a game and this is no joke look as the population goes down in halo charts and even at times  Halo 3 beat it ! and for most of it Halo Reach had a better population when it came out over the months. This is why MLG is important it is the backbone of Halo !

And no Bnus this is no bad joke !  :)  

"*groan" Really? Please refrain from doing that.

You're not posting that MLG is more important than Halo community? Than please  word your sentences clearly.. 

Halo 4 was a failure of  a game? In YOUR opinion.

Yes the population of Halo 4 is quite low does that mean that it is bad? No. It means other people enjoy the previous Halo's more. 

Let me repeat again since you haven't read what I posted. MLG chose CoD over Halo 4 because CoD brings in the money. MLG needs to pay their players and Halo 4 wasn't going to do that as well CoD.

MLG is not the backbone of Halo. MLG was a supportive leg of Halo. Think of MLG as one leg of Halo and the community as the rest of the body. Since MLG left Halo they lost a leg, and now Halo cannot stand like it used too.  I know you dislike Halo 4 so much that you refuse to even listen to me when I tell you that Halo 4(with the right game settings that you change. Remember Halo 3 had to change its game settings too for MLG) can be competitive. Is Halo 4 more casual? Yes. Is Halo 4 competitive? Yes. 

Not to mention why does it matter if more people play 3 or Reach? That is a GOOD thing they're still playing Halo! They still enjoy HALO so using that as a way of calling Halo 4 "bad" is downright silly. Play whatever Halo game you want because everyone has opinion and preferences! I don't care if someone enjoys Halo 3 more than Halo 4. They still enjoy Halo.

Also please respect other peoples opinions. A lot of people on the forum enjoy Halo 4 so calling it a "bad game" is an insult to us. it would be nice if you worded it as a "bad game in your opinion" which is fine because it is your opinion. 

Edited by Buns

Bnus you know I read you're post I have read everyone's post on here

Yes you make a point but the reason why the halo population was so low was because no MLG and lets face it Halo really was a failure I wish It did better but no CSR no MLG support sprint as default etc really did kill the game for many.

( in my option ) <  I am learning :D