Halo Ce Lag

Mystique

Hey, I hope I'm at the right place!

I have this problem with halo pc. I went to the usa last summer for 2 months to be with my bf. He gave me his gaming laptop. It's a Samsung gaming laptop series 7, with windows 8. I installed halo and I played it fine in the usa. But since I got back in the Netherlands I installed my own Halo copy and started to play but I have lag on every usa/uk/nl server it doesn't matter where I play it gives me lag. My internet speed is perfect, other games don't lag. I tried it on my ''old'' pc with the same halo copy and it works fine. So I can't figure out why it keeps lagging on this laptop since it worked fine in the usa. All I can think of is maybe my Halo copy doesn't work on this laptop, or the wifi stuff in this laptop works different with the Dutch router. I have no idea.. I tried to find some answers on Google but so far nothing! So I hope maybe some of you have an idea what it can be or how to fix it?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Not many of us left that have or are still playing Halo CE on pc, but I will try to help my first thought is how are you connecting your im guessing the Samsung laptop to the Internet if you are using the wifi I would highly recommend getting a lan cable ether net cable and conect deretly into your router. Test and see if that helps. Now all of this is to help prevent lag while you are playing online, if the lag is with your pc while playing the campaign that is a completely different fix. let us know how it go's.

Yes, I'm using Wifi. I tried it with the cable. It still gives me lag in multiplayer. It doesn't lag in Campaign. I never had any lag on Halo unless I play in an Australia server. But this time is different I'm jumping all over the screen but my ping is around the 34/66 and 134/167 in usa servers.  Also it is only with this laptop, when I try it on my old laptop or my brothers laptop I have no lag. All downloads or windows Apps are off, firewall is off. Drivers are updated. It is really annoying that I can't fix it, because I want to play it on my new laptop :/

Yes, I'm using Wifi. I tried it with the cable. It still gives me lag in multiplayer. It doesn't lag in Campaign. I never had any lag on Halo unless I play in an Australia server. But this time is different I'm jumping all over the screen but my ping is around the 34/66 and 134/167 in usa servers.  Also it is only with this laptop, when I try it on my old laptop or my brothers laptop I have no lag. All downloads or windows Apps are off, firewall is off. Drivers are updated. It is really annoying that I can't fix it, because I want to play it on my new laptop :/

I would recommend playing Halo 2 Vista its pretty awesome and still quite active at times, but I don't know how esle I could help I hope everything gets resolved. Have you tried hosting your own private game to see if that works?

• Like 1

No I didn't try that, but I don't see why that is different? I can't host my own game to play it everytime :P .  Yea I will install halo 2 again, I do like it just never played it much online.

I meant as in host your own game and see if that lags. If it does then maybe the way the multiplayer files were installed might be corrupted? I'm not very good with tech but its a wild guess

are you using a windows 8 laptop, not sure if that is what you ment but it just occurred to me that thar may be some compatibility issues with Halo CE as it is a older game and windows 8 may not fully support all modes of the game. would highly recommend reinstalling halo make sure you have DirectX 9.0 installed im sure you do. also check what other devices may be runing on your network I.E. taking up all you bandwidth.

Yes it has windows 8. But I did play halo on this laptop before when I was in the Usa for 2 months. It didn't had lag, but now i'm back home in The Netherlands and it is lagging. But I was also using a different halo copy..

I tried to host my own game and it didn't lag and then I went on a other server and it was fine for a few minutes but then it start going from 67 to 1100 and I jump all over the screen. I have no idea what it can be and re-installed halo a lot of times. I know it can't be my internet or else I should have the problem too on the other computers and I don't have that.

No it is not, it played halo before. It is doing weird with one program too, I don't know if its the laptop problem or the program. Anyways Halo did work but since I got back in my town and installed my own halo copy it lags. 

Edit: Windows update 8.1 fixed my lag problem with halo :)

Thanks for all the help guys!

• 3 weeks later...

i think it is such an old game it is struggling to keep up with the advancement of your gaming pc

That is just backwards thinking. There has been no such thing as a gaming PC that is so good that it cant play older games. Maybe you're referring to OS issues but it didn't sound like it.

Yes probably..but i can't say goodbye to it xD Anyways w/e it was, it's fixed :)

It was probably an installation error good to know it was fixed!