Don't get rid of AA, change it!

Spartan Rider

Well, many people are claiming about Armor Abilities; and I think AA annoying sometimes too. But I don't think fair to get rid of it but changing or upgrading it.

- AA should be replaced by PE (Personnel Equipments). It pretends to work like an individual "weapon", almost like "buffs" in Halo 3 (invisibility, overshield, etc.). but like solid equipments to wear instead "magic balls". So the PE can be found around the map, preferably at some armory house. So the equipments to wear should be a jetpack, promethean eyeglass, fuel for thruster, chip to engage invisibility, etc.

- Also it would have BS (Battle Support). It pretends to be similar or equal to the bubble shield, health regenerate and power swallow (I'm sorry, I don't now how it named). Well, it should be some thing like a "special grenades", when it's thrown it make whose effect. Well, it's only to get back what was at Halo 3.

I agree with some things that your saying. I disagree about finding stuff around the map though. Considering that in multiplayer we are Spartan IV's, we should have the GEN 2 Mjolnir Mark VII armour which comes with built in invisibility anyway. You are right about keeping AA's but changing some of them.

i do agree with you on that

I've been keeping tabs on Bungie and Destiny... and should AA's be something close to space magic? I mean we have jetpacks, thrusters, shields, camo, vision, holograms, and others. These are very individually based things and can only affect you or the area immediately around you. I'd like to see more AOE stuff and maybe a few throwables.

I've been thinking about a flare AA. Like the flare in H3, but you'd lob it with a Kamehameha sort of animation. It would hit and splash players in a small area. Those affected would have their visors white out, but they would quickly restore. Additionally it could overload Active Camo for a short time. Or maybe an EMP sort of AA with the ability to shut down vehicles temporarily and restart the AA meters of those affected?

I'd always like to see the bubble shield back, and a hardlight shield big enough to protect a few players at once.

I've been keeping tabs on Bungie and Destiny... and should AA's be something close to space magic? I mean we have jetpacks, thrusters, shields, camo, vision, holograms, and others. These are very individually based things and can only affect you or the area immediately around you. I'd like to see more AOE stuff and maybe a few throwables.

I've been thinking about a flare AA. Like the flare in H3, but you'd lob it with a Kamehameha sort of animation. It would hit and splash players in a small area. Those affected would have their visors white out, but they would quickly restore. Additionally it could overload Active Camo for a short time. Or maybe an EMP sort of AA with the ability to shut down vehicles temporarily and restart the AA meters of those affected?

I'd always like to see the bubble shield back, and a hardlight shield big enough to protect a few players at once.

I agree with bringing back something similar to the bubble shield or flare. Like a tactical feature. I disagree with things being similar to space magic though. It would be completely different to what Halo is really like. Halo is science, not magic.

• Like 1

huh i thought i posted something on here, i guess it didn't go through.

so... then armor lock again? id like for bubble shield to return i was king with it. i wouldn't mind the flare again that was useful. id like for the hardlight to be bigger too or at least you can move a little faster with it and be much more flexable.

my own armor ability idea is one where it makes everything move slower including you for only a few short seconds. so you can see if someone is shooting a rocket at you it could give you time to dodge or when a flood is about to kill you in infection you can deflect them by having time to think about it

huh i thought i posted something on here, i guess it didn't go through.

so... then armor lock again? id like for bubble shield to return i was king with it. i wouldn't mind the flare again that was useful. id like for the hardlight to be bigger too or at least you can move a little faster with it and be much more flexable.

my own armor ability idea is one where it makes everything move slower including you for only a few short seconds. so you can see if someone is shooting a rocket at you it could give you time to dodge or when a flood is about to kill you in infection you can deflect them by having time to think about it

That would be really hard to implement in the game. I don't think it would work. :/

• Like 1

Alright, let me set something straight: the S-IVs aren't equipped with Mark VII MJOLNIR, they are equipped with Mark VI GEN-2 (which is designed to be less expensive and lightweight). The S-IVs aren't typically equipped with Armor Abilities (according to the cinematics of Spartan Ops and the ones you see in Campaign); they were given in multiplayer to add 'variety' to gameplay. While it did accomplish this, I believe it went overboard by allowing players to spawn with them. They are in a training simulation, sure, but that doesn't mean that they should be armed with equipment that they wouldn't be given or see much of in the field.

Canon and common sense aside, allowing AAs at-spawn deteriorates the "equal-spawns" principle of Halo multiplayer. The fact that you can select different abilities at-spawn, rather than picking them up from the map, may add 'variety' but it renders the concept of 'equality' rather mute (the same could also be said for Tactical Packages/Support Upgrades). That isn't to say that Armor Abilities are a bad addition, but I truly believe they should be placed on-map (with reiterations of some Equipment in the form of AAs, as well) and giving them a set amount of usage before depletion. https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228577_Personal-Loadouts-CAN-Work.aspx

• Like 2

Alright, let me set something straight: the S-IVs aren't equipped with Mark VII MJOLNIR, they are equipped with Mark VI GEN-2 (which is designed to be less expensive and lightweight). The S-IVs aren't typically equipped with Armor Abilities (according to the cinematics of Spartan Ops and the ones you see in Campaign); they were given in multiplayer to add 'variety' to gameplay. While it did accomplish this, I believe it went overboard by allowing players to spawn with them. They are in a training simulation, sure, but that doesn't mean that they should be armed with equipment that they wouldn't be given or see much of in the field.

Canon and common sense aside, allowing AAs at-spawn deteriorates the "equal-spawns" principle of Halo multiplayer. The fact that you can select different abilities at-spawn, rather than picking them up from the map, may add 'variety' but it renders the concept of 'equality' rather mute (the same could also be said for Tactical Packages/Support Upgrades). That isn't to say that Armor Abilities are a bad addition, but I truly believe they should be placed on-map (with reiterations of some Equipment in the form of AAs, as well) and giving them a set amount of usage before depletion. https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228577_Personal-Loadouts-CAN-Work.aspx

Ok thanks for the info. There is a Spartan-II called Naomi that is equipped with light blue Mark VII armour in the book Glasslands. I haven't read it but I searched about the Mark VII armour a long time ago. Must of mistaken it with the Mjolnir Mark VI GEN2. So apart from more light weight and less expensive, what were the differences between Mjolnir Mark VI GEN1 and Mjolnir Mark VI GEN2?

Ok thanks for the info. There is a Spartan-II called Naomi that is equipped with light blue Mark VII armour in the book Glasslands. I haven't read it but I searched about the Mark VII armour a long time ago. Must of mistaken it with the Mjolnir Mark VI GEN2. So apart from more light weight and less expensive, what were the differences between Mjolnir Mark VI GEN1 and Mjolnir Mark VI GEN2?

It hasn't been adeptly described, but observations of the designs can be speculated to give increased mobility (just look at the chest plate; it has much less armor along the sides). Also, while the GEN1 armor required a significant amount of time/effort to remove safely, the GEN2 is put on/taken off in little time (given the automated equipment to aid in this otherwise tedious process). The "undersuit" was also redesigned, as seen by the hexagonal 'mesh' appearance of the outermost layer.

On a side note, Dr. Halsey didn't help create the GEN2 armor, instead going straight to the Mark VII armor (like Naomi wears). The GEN2 armor was designed by the Materials Group of the UNSC and manufactured by various companies...

• Like 1

It hasn't been adeptly described, but observations of the designs can be speculated to give increased mobility (just look at the chest plate; it has much less armor along the sides). Also, while the GEN1 armor required a significant amount of time/effort to remove safely, the GEN2 is put on/taken off in little time (given the automated equipment to aid in this otherwise tedious process). The "undersuit" was also redesigned, as seen by the hexagonal 'mesh' appearance of the outermost layer.

On a side note, Dr. Halsey didn't help create the GEN2 armor, instead going straight to the Mark VII armor (like Naomi wears). The GEN2 armor was designed by the Materials Group of the UNSC and manufactured by various companies...

Thanks ;). So the Mjolnir Mark VI GEN1 costed more, had less mobilty/more armour and harder to remove. Wasn't it much better than the GEN2 though. It was worn by the Spartan-II's, they deserve the best. ;)

Thanks ;). So the Mjolnir Mark VI GEN1 costed more, had less mobilty/more armour and harder to remove. Wasn't it much better than the GEN2 though. It was worn by the Spartan-II's, they deserve the best. ;)

In terms of shield strength/quality, not necessarily. Keep in mind that the GEN2 armor was made years after GEN1. UNSC shield technology has probably come along, allowing the design to be more streamlined. The power source (located on the back of the harness) is more compact, for instance.

As for the S-IIs recieving "the best", keep in mind that GEN1 was the best at the time it was issued to the S-IIs (unless you include the experimental Headhunter/Black Team variants) . Considering that Master Chief's armor was altered (by Cortana, canon-wise) to be more like the GEN2 and the fact that he is just as effective in Halo 4, I'd say they're about equal in the field. However, when you bring in the economics of production, the GEN2 is arguably the superior iteration.

That would be really hard to implement in the game. I don't think it would work. :/

ya right before i replied to you i realized this will be hard and probably not good. it could make the whole game in slow motion so maybe it just looks slow motion the the player using it

In terms of shield strength/quality, not necessarily. Keep in mind that the GEN2 armor was made years after GEN1. UNSC shield technology has probably come along, allowing the design to be more streamlined. The power source (located on the back of the harness) is more compact, for instance.

As for the S-IIs recieving "the best", keep in mind that GEN1 was the best at the time it was issued to the S-IIs (unless you include the experimental Headhunter/Black Team variants) . Considering that Master Chief's armor was altered (by Cortana, canon-wise) to be more like the GEN2 and the fact that he is just as effective in Halo 4, I'd say they're about equal in the field. However, when you bring in the economics of production, the GEN2 is arguably the superior iteration.

I don't think Cortana made any armour modifications to the performance of the armour. I think she just used nano bots to alter his appearance and repair some of the damage from Installation 00 (The Ark). How did she actually the nanobots into the cryotube in first place though?

ya right before i replied to you i realized this will be hard and probably not good. it could make the whole game in slow motion so maybe it just looks slow motion the the player using it

I don't want 343 to make anything that will annoy everyone else. I can't think of a way they could make this without ruining the game. 

I don't think Cortana made any armour modifications to the performance of the armour. I think she just used nano bots to alter his appearance and repair some of the damage from Installation 00 (The Ark). How did she actually the nanobots into the cryotube in first place though?

I don't want 343 to make anything that will annoy everyone else. I can't think of a way they could make this without ruining the game. 

The altering of the armor's appearance (and by extent, the armor's combat performance) is what I was referring to. The armor now has similar qualities to GEN2, like the undersuit mesh, the shoulder pieces, and the back. The GEN1 and GEN2 Mk. VI armor have comparable shield strength, so it doesn't affect gameplay, but the modifications are still evident. The GEN2-esque armor John-117 wears in Halo 4 is arguably more permitting of movement/ maneuverability, without sacrificing any notable components or functions (which is what GEN2 was designed to do).

The altering of the armor's appearance (and by extent, the armor's combat performance) is what I was referring to. The armor now has similar qualities to GEN2, like the undersuit mesh, the shoulder pieces, and the back. The GEN1 and GEN2 Mk. VI armor have comparable shield strength, so it doesn't affect gameplay, but the modifications are still evident. The GEN2-esque armor John-117 wears in Halo 4 is arguably more permitting of movement/ maneuverability, without sacrificing any notable components or functions (which is what GEN2 was designed to do).

Ok thanks. :) Was the GEN1 more protective because it had more armour?

As I asked before, how did Cortana get the nanobots inside the cryotube? Were they alredy in there?

i quite like AA

Please elaborate on your posts. Give more information or detail. At least explain why or which ones you like. Most of your posts don't have very good quality. But yes, I also like most of the Armour Abilities too. They can be really useful. I've been using the jetpack more than I used to in Halo 4. Jetpack and BR, boltshot and frag grenades make a great combo for a loadout. ;)

Ok thanks. :) Was the GEN1 more protective because it had more armour?

As I asked before, how did Cortana get the nanobots inside the cryotube? Were they alredy in there?

We're getting a bit off-topic here... Besides, those two questions can't be sufficiently answered by anyone except the 343i employees who came up with this change/variation in GEN2 armor.

Getting back to the point of this topic, I believe the problems with Armor Abilities aren't the abilities themselves. Rather, its the way they are implemented: allowing players these abilities at-spawn (thus eliminating the 'equal starts' of basic player traits) and the fact that they are infinitely reusable. Imagine Halo 3 where everyone could spawn with a Bubble Shield, Regen. Field, or Gravity Lift and that the chosen Equipment would replenish over time... 

• Like 1

We're getting a bit off-topic here... Besides, those two questions can't be sufficiently answered by anyone except the 343i employees who came up with this change/variation in GEN2 armor.

Getting back to the point of this topic, I believe the problems with Armor Abilities aren't the abilities themselves. Rather, its the way they are implemented: allowing players these abilities at-spawn (thus eliminating the 'equal starts' of basic player traits) and the fact that they are infinitely reusable. Imagine Halo 3 where everyone could spawn with a Bubble Shield, Regen. Field, or Gravity Lift and that the chosen Equipment would replenish over time... 

Good point.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/30805-halo-5-loadout-system-the-balancing/

I had these ideas a while back, take a look and tell me what you think of these AAs and weapons.

These are some very good ideas. Very Creative. ;)