my xbox broke my disk

Victor Norbart

Hi guys, first time posting here,

here's my issue:

I was just playin my 360s for about two hours (halo 4 of course), after all of the sudden, my console started buzzing really loud and the next thing you know, BAM. My disk broke.

Has this happend to one of you as well?

ps: I'm getting a refund from microsoft, very nice, except for the fact that I have to pay 15 euros for a refund.

kind regards from the Netherlands,

Viccepik

Yes, I think I might be able to help assist you in it happening again. How was your Xbox set up? Because, if it is stood upward, the disk is not stable, bumping around a lot, which can cause scratches. As for the buzzing, that is likely a separate issue, because, mine does the same. Keep your room well cooled and keep the vents uncovered.

Just a heads up dont throughout your scratched game's take them in to a game store not gamestop lime hastings some have a dvd buffer that can and will remove scratches from old games its usually cheep to have done as long as the game has no cracks in the eye of the disk look it up if you don't believe me. hope it helps.

i am an xbox expert and there are 2 simple things you can do

1. Install your games then when you know you are done playing them a lot uninstall them to free space

2. As soon as the xbox does that sound pull the plug immediately and wait about 10 mins then turn your xbox on and remove the disc until you find out if the tray is full of dust or not 

Hope i helped

• 3 weeks later...