Map packs are killing the community

LOWxONxHealth

Why fragment the online community by selling map packs? Giving them free would ensure longevity .I bought Halo4 for 4vs4 Team Slayer and now cant access it because I dont have the maps.Im sure if you had a promotion where you gave the maps free there would be a huge increase in online matchmaking.The dlc should be singleplayer content.Halo Reach has more players because their matchmaking doesnt take entire game modes away.It simply removes the dlc maps from the playlist when someone in the lobby doesnt have that content.

Halo 3 had a larger population then both and it required DLC and I mean ALL DLC in most of playlist. I want to say your argument doesn't hold much merit because making DLC free is just a silly idea. Why not get GOTY edition(trade in your old Halo 4) and you will will get ALL map packs and all pre-order bonuses as well. Plus championship bundle. All for only $50(if you bought every seperatly it would cost you around $110) . I paid for my DLC and you should too. 

Some people can't afford to buy the DLC no matter what price it is, but making mainstream playlists have the requirement of DLC is a ****** bag move by 343. People buy the game then can't play a certain playlist because of DLC?

Simple way to resolve this make a playlist for each DLC or even throw them into 1 playlist

DLC needs to be kept in separate playlists. That's all. They shouldn't bring it into the main playlists, as that kills the population (look at Infinity Slayer). Making it free though, I doubt that's gonna happen...

no. dlc does need its own sections and the main playlists need to be copied as child playlists for the dlc sections. then, maybe then, can the parent playlists be restored to be dlc glory

They make it free, what did I pay for? While there are those of you who realize the community is fragmented, there are those of us who want to play the maps we paid for and haven't played. I still haven't played a single online match with Castle maps. My high with Majestic was brief, and then they cycled out to default. They need to make a dlc playlist; that way, you have people who don't have dlc able to play slayer and the people who want dlc playing dlc. Everyone's happy.

The dlc should be single-player content.Halo Reach has more players because their matchmaking doesn't take entire game modes away.It simply removes the dlc maps from the playlist when someone in the lobby doesn't have that content.

True. But Halo Reach also has no way to allow those who did purchase the maps to play on them outside of custom games or forge. I bought the maps, I can't enjoy them with the other DLC purchasers... I can not play on the maps I payed for.

Sure the algorithm that pairs/matches players who have DLC, is far better in Halo 4 than it is in Halo Reach, but I don't want to lose access to my purchases. I mean why make the maps, and why bother buying them if your never gonna use 'em in Matchmaking?

• Like 1

Yes. Halo as a franchise no longer attracts the player population necessary to support such fragmentation. This means that new DLC packs become only a desperate last ditch cash milking exercise, to hit up the few who will still pay out, rather than an expansion to a thriving game.

There is a complete disconnect between the creative processes that produce nice new maps to enrich the game experience, and the business model that delivers and restricts them. The latter takes a giant dump on the former and you get to the point where you're damned if you do pay out and damned if you don't.

• Like 1