Will People Play Halo 3 Even Though It'll be Free ?

TheMightyLlama1

So Halo 3 is becoming Free in a couple days. It's great because I think Halo 3 is the best Halo game and everybody should play it. But since alot of great games that came out this year like BioShock: Infinite and Grand Theft Auto V. But since there's even more coming this year like Destiny, Battlefieid 4 and ... Ugh... Ghosts. Do you think anybody is gonna have time from playing GTA: Online or BF4 to play Halo 3 ?

I will be playing Halo 3 and I have GTA Online and im getting Ghost and BF4. I just think Halo is that great of a game, and I rarely have time to play so that probably answers your question. Not everyone likes all these other games anyways and not everyone can afford all those other games so if a good game becomes free why not play it? 

I can not confirm or guarantee that the game will be like it used to (in terms of population and popularity) but I CAN confirm/guarantee that the game will see a pretty decent and quite large boost in its population. Enough to the point where I can finally return to it and not have to wait over 20 minutes to find a match in some playlists at 2:00-6:00 AM when I am most active...

ill get it for free so i can redownload all the map packs i already bought and get rid of odst. ill first suck as i get used to the controls again. plus, gives me a chance to work on my last 2 achievements, 2 for 1 and mythic perfection (with 2 for 1 i could never find another enemy to get in the way or i was killed before the laser shot. with M.P. it wouldnt give it if there were 2 or more perfections in the same match)

I think Halo 3 becomming free was the best idea ever. In fact, when you have gold, you are actually paying for all those free games, as a bundle along with buying Gold. Still, when ever my friends found out, only 4 people on my friends list has it. Im a gamer, and Ima going to get it again, after I buy a 230 GB hard drive.....

You know what would get even more gamers to return...Title Update. That's right, a Title Update. I can bet that if 343 did some hefty maintenance to Halo 3's Matchmaking, a lot more people would return.

Like if they...

-Fix majority of remaining bugs and glitches

-Polish all existing playlists

-Do a hefty Playlist consolidation

-Add new gametypes and User created maps to the selections

-Improve the Trueskill system

-Reset locked or frozen levels, to those stuck on a rank

-Improve the spawning system

-Enhance the Netcode and servers

-Add more search filters

I was on the other day and it felt very good. I haven't been on Halo 4 in a while and I'm glad I went onto Halo 3 first so that I wasn't used to Sprint or anything. I got a couple games of MLG in and played a game of Snipers and found games fairly quickly so I'd say it's safe to say that Halo 3 is seeing a positive population increase.

• Like 2

I was on the other day and it felt very good. I haven't been on Halo 4 in a while and I'm glad I went onto Halo 3 first so that I wasn't used to Sprint or anything. I got a couple games of MLG in and played a game of Snipers and found games fairly quickly so I'd say it's safe to say that Halo 3 is seeing a positive population increase.

It feels great to play Halo 3 again. It's a great game and will always be remembered.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what would get even more gamers to return...Title Update. That's right, a Title Update. I can bet that if 343 did some hefty maintenance to Halo 3's Matchmaking, a lot more people would return.

I like this idea. Everyone needs to experience the joy of Halo 3. It's definitely still enjoyable but a revamping certainly wouldn't hurt.