I Am Hoping Halo 3's Pop. Surpasses Halo 4's

FleshBack

With Halo 3 being free in less than a week, I am super excited to download it and start playing. I am actually hoping that the population KILLS Halo 4's population, either from taking players or attracting new ones.

It'll be fun to play this game again. Anyone else feel the same way?

• Like 2

No I'm glad new players will finally get the chance to play Halo, but please the way you hope it "KILLS" the population of another Halo game just seems really childish. We should be looking forward to new people enjoying a great experience not the downfall of a population. 

No I'm glad new players will finally get the chance to play Halo, but please the way you hope it "KILLS" the population of another Halo game just seems really childish. We should be looking forward to new people enjoying a great experience not the downfall of a population. 

He probably only wants the population of Halo 4 to fall, and become lower than Halo 3, because he thinks it will show 343i that we like the Old-school traditional formula of Halo, and not Infinity. And it seems logical, In theory, it checks out... I mean think about it... If you were in charge of Microsoft/343 Industries, and the vast majority of your fanbase/playerbase, plays a Halo they feel is better (Like Halo 3), wouldn't you not want to cater to them so you can make more money in sales? Your sales department would be urging you to go with the flow, they'd say "Everyone seems to prefer a more competitive arena based game with classic elements, in a tried-and-true formula... Why not give them what they want? Give them Halo 5, not Halo 4.5".

He probably only wants the population of Halo 4 to fall, and become lower than Halo 3, because he thinks it will show 343i that we like the Old-school traditional formula of Halo, and not Infinity. And it seems logical, In theory, it checks out... I mean think about it... If you were in charge of Microsoft/343 Industries, and the vast majority of your fanbase/playerbase, plays a Halo they feel is better (Like Halo 3), wouldn't you not want to cater to them so you can make more money in sales? Your sales department would be urging you to go with the flow, they'd say "Everyone seems to prefer a more competitive arena based game with classic elements, in a tried-and-true formula... Why not give them what they want? Give them Halo 5, not Halo 4.5".

Even if he meant that it would have been the mature thing to explain why he thinks that. Not just "KILL" it.

This guy gets it. With 343 actively supporting the competitive community with playlists and tournaments such as the Halo 4 Grand Championship, it is a clear sign they understand that try should be catering to the competitive side of gameplay. I know that Halo 5 will be far better because of it. They just got off to a bad start, is all.

Bravo FleshBack, saying what we're all thinking/hoping.  All this Halo 4 hate is with good reason.  The game is huge a disappointed, not just a step in the wrong direction but a leap.  It's senseless to praise or congratulate 343 in any way regarding this game bc it will only fuel them with false hope that they did a good job on it.  They need to know, which Im sure by now they must have a solid clue, this game was a major bust.  Some call it meaningless repetitive negativity towards them but its much more.  All we are doing as a community is trying to make things crystal clear for them (343), we don't like what they've done with our Halo, and be sure to make manyyyyy notes of that when creating the next installment. 

• Like 2

Oh. Look, another Halo 4 hate thread. Nothing to see here people, move along.

4C1DEFD8-B7FE-424E-A853-8A27D315F525-681

I don't recall saying anything bad about Halo 4, just that Halo 3 does better.

Take your cookie cutter, condescending responses elsewhere.

FleshBack never said anything bad he just used a bland choice of words to describe his disgust towards Halo 4. I wouldn't call this a hate thread, and he is allowed to have his opinions on the game I would just prefer if he expanded his vocabulary so this thread does not come off as a Halo 4 hate thread. 

You could have easily said.

I hope Halo 3's population surpasses that of Halo 4 because 343i needs to remember the classics! It comes off a lot friendlier in my opinion. It was rude of me to say you were being immature though. 

You know if this does come to pass it will helpful, but this whole situation doesn't feel right. I never thought in a million years Halo fans would hope to see another Halo installment fail for the benefit of another, even if it was Halo 4. But what must be done must be done, I'm all in for anything that makes Halo great again, after Halo 4s downfall it's all I've ever wanted to see (I still do like Halo 4 even with its flaws). Sacrifices must be made for the great or good of this franchise. 343 may have to take some hard hits to the noggin to understand, and this sure as hell could be one of them. Just a sad day, but also a good day because it'll be nice to see Halo 3 with a little more bulk in it's population. 

*sigh* if only I had a time machine and some money for a flight to Seattle with a rental car to drive to Kirkland...

FleshBack never said anything bad he just used a bland choice of words to describe his disgust towards Halo 4. I wouldn't call this a hate thread, and he is allowed to have his opinions on the game I would just prefer if he expanded his vocabulary so this thread does not come off as a Halo 4 hate thread.

You could have easily said.

I hope Halo 3's population surpasses that of Halo 4 because 343i needs to remember the classics! It comes off a lot friendlier in my opinion. It was rude of me to say you were being immature though.

I have made long winded posts using a vast lexicon of big words, and what usually happens is it tends to either fly over people's heads or you get ignored and you feel stupid for trying to use a variety of words.

So nowadays I use simple language to get my point across, an most cases it works. I also don't like sounding like pretentious d-bad using over-elaborate sentence structure for the sake of seeming intelligent.

I have made long winded posts using a vast lexicon of big words, and what usually happens is it tends to either fly over people's heads or you get ignored and you feel stupid for trying to use a variety of words.

So nowadays I use simple language to get my point across, an most cases it works. I also don't like sounding like pretentious d-bad using over-elaborate sentence structure for the sake of seeming intelligent.

Whoever said you need to use a lot of big words? I literally gave you a sentence long of example of what you could have said without coming off as a Halo 4 hate thread.  :laughing:

While I hate to say this, I agree, and this is an amazing method to show everyone in 343i that this new style isn't exactly the best, and it needs tweaking, we aren't trying to hurt them, we love Halo, and only want to see it and 343i succeed, that's what feedback is for. Anyway, Halo 3 was awesome, and can't wait to play it with the old and new people.

Whoever said you need to use a lot of big words? I literally gave you a sentence long of example of what you could have said without coming off as a Halo 4 hate thread. :laughing:

I feel as if I gave the impression that I am a keyboard smashing simpleton to you, which is far from the case.

As I said, I prefer to get my point across bluntly.