Halo 5 for PC

superintendent

well i am a little fed up with microsofts xbox one stuff so i am moving to pc. I just thought it would be a good idea for halo 5 to be on pc as well as xbox. more money for 343 industries, but that is besides the point. if they added halo 5 to pc it would be returning to its roots in a way. Halo Combat Evolved was on pc as well as xbox. it may also be an alternative to having to get the xbox one if halo 5 is for xbox one and pc. 

well i am a little fed up with microsofts xbox one stuff so i am moving to pc. I just thought it would be a good idea for halo 5 to be on pc as well as xbox. more money for 343 industries, but that is besides the point. if they added halo 5 to pc it would be returning to its roots in a way. Halo Combat Evolved was on pc as well as xbox. it may also be an alternative to having to get the xbox one if halo 5 is for xbox one and pc. 

Well you have to view this from a business and game development standpoint

Microsoft is trying to sell the Xbox One. Sony, Nintendo and MS all use exclusives as a means to help sell their console. Heck if there were no exclusives I wouldn't even own a console. So what better way to see the xbox one then through Halo 5? Selling it on the PC would actually HURT 343i and Microsoft and you don't want to hurt either because if Halo does bad Microsoft turns its evil eyes at 343i(It would be smart to mention they own 343i) It is extremely easy to pirate games on the PC so the amount of extra money 343i can possibly get will not be very much, plus it takes TIME to develop a game for multiple platforms. So if Halo 5 did come out for PC it would either be rushed or delayed and knowing Microsoft it would most likely be rushed. Halo 5 coming to pc would in no way return to its roots. Just because Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista were on PC doesn't mean future titles have to follow the same trend. 

Microsoft is trying to sell their product and 343i is trying to develop a good game. I think it is in our best interest to let 343i focus on a single platform releasing it for the PC even though it would be great just isn't the smartest idea for a "console exclusive" Also please note that Halo 2 Vista only worked on Vista and above so perhaps Halo 5 could only work on Windows 8 and above? I mean no one likes the windows 8 store but Spartan Ops did it. But here comes the argument. Games on PC can be pirated(I am aware that console can as well but pirating PC games is just so much more accessible plus if you want to pirate console games you have to BUY the console) so I highly doubt 343i or MS want their biggest selling franchise to be pirated. 

If you don't like the Xbox One don't buy it. But now you are informed on why releasing Halo 5 for PC can not happen. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know about anyone elses opinion. But hear me out, the very idea of Halo coming out on PC is blasphemy as the Halo franchise is basically what single handedly made Xbox what it is today, I mean it's the Xbox's signature game that's Xbox's heritage we're talking about it wouldn't ever come out on PC. Halo is the reason why Xbox is still alive and thriving today as well as other amazing exclusives. And yeah as Bnus said they're keeping it on Xbox for a reason :D! Also I'm only saying this as an ultra Microsoft fanboy haha :)

:wallbash: you know the PC (at least windows) is MADE by Microsoft. It is not that bad of an idea and might in fact increase the sales! He did not say it has to be exclusive for the PC. He just asked if it can also be on PC. Plus there was a Halo for the PC too!

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Hey! You always have Project:Contingency! I would guess that it'll come out later next year. heres the official site: http://project-contingency.forumotion.com/

Halo 2 Anniversary may come out for PC as well. 

Edit: you can get H4 and H:Reach with a torrent on your pc but with the FBI policy these days id expect some bad chiz to happen to you after trying that. they would prob. fine you and take away your internet.