Amethyst

Zaelkyria

Hiiiii !

Amethyst

assass10.jpg

GamerTag : SnR Zaelkyria
Map : Amethyst

Description : A small 4 vs 4 competitive symmetrical map.

Weapons :

- x8 BRs ( 10s )
- x2 Magnums ( 30s )
- x1 Sniper ( 120s )
- x1 Rocket ( 180s )
- x4 Gre' Frag' ( 30s )
- x1 Plasma Pistol ( 60s )
- x3 CC ( 20s )
- x4 Stucks ( 30s )
- x1 Boltshot ( 60s )
- x2 LRs ( 45s )
- x1 Overshield ( 120s )

Game Types :

- Slayer
- Oddball
- CTF
- Ricochet

Screens :

Overviews : 

assass11.jpg

assass12.jpg

Red base : 

assass13.jpg

Red Ramp :

assass14.jpg

Red TP : 

assass15.jpg

Red Recep' :

assass16.jpg

Red Bridge : 

assass17.jpg

Gold ( Sniper ) : 

assass18.jpg

Bottom Green ( Rocket ) :

assass19.jpg

Top Green : 

assass20.jpg

Top Mid' ( Overshield ) :

assass21.jpg

DownLoad Link :

forge_11.png

Hope you enjoyed, see you on Halo !

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an Halo 3 player, in all Halo 3 MLG maps, there is a lot of BRs and Carabines. :3

And I like the Halo 3 MLG maps, I'm inspired by them, by their competitiveness.

I see, but 13 precision weapons on one small Arena map still seem abnormally high. Also, the level of BRs to CCs/LRs is very unbalanced, and with the currently majorly used BR a common spawn weapon, it becomes redundant to have so many as base spawn on the map, I have a full description on your map Neutron, should you glance there, as I saw the same problem arise. Ammo and "On Map" BRs will be all over the place due to initial Loadouts popular weapon being the BR, so the heavy amount of placed ones is unnecessary, JUst a heads up :)

I see, but 13 precision weapons on one small Arena map still seem abnormally high. Also, the level of BRs to CCs/LRs is very unbalanced, and with the currently majorly used BR a common spawn weapon, it becomes redundant to have so many as base spawn on the map, I have a full description on your map Neutron, should you glance there, as I saw the same problem arise. Ammo and "On Map" BRs will be all over the place due to initial Loadouts popular weapon being the BR, so the heavy amount of placed ones is unnecessary, JUst a heads up :)

Thing is I don't want to be out of ammunition on a battlefield.

So I place much precision weapons with a short respawn time. :3

Waitin' for ya feedback Zan'. :3

Thing is I don't want to be out of ammunition on a battlefield.

So I place much precision weapons with a short respawn time. :3

Waitin' for ya feedback Zan'. :3

Thats my point. The steady stream you get from dead players should be enough, and a skill gap is knowing where to go to get your ammo, not to getting it everywhere you go. Not trying to be negative, but for competitive maps, weapon spawns have to me more about the maps gameplay and not personal preferance. My favourite weapon is the shotgun, but  I dont shove it on every map I make for example

I walked around the map for a while. It's not a bad map. There are just some things that bothered me.

The first thing I noticed were the map's aesthetics. I mentioned this before. Many of your maps have very inconsistent piece usage. It really takes away from the map's aesthetics when your map has so much visual noise. I'm also not a fan of how there are so many textures and colors overlapping. Really hurts the eyes if you ask me. Too many colors too. I'd limit the number of colors in the map to 4.

I'm also not sure about the weapons on the map. Is there any particular reason why they're not ordnance drops? If you plan on keeping them on a classic weapon spawn, I would suggest placing them in obvious areas. The initial rush for the power weapons in a competitive map is very important and it won't happen easily in this map because of the location of the weapons. I don't think I like where both weapons spawn.

The rocket spawns in area that has very few aspects of risk vs reward and the sniper spawns in a powerful position instead of a risky one. I really think you should move the rocket spawn but I'm not sure about the sniper.

The sightlines in the map aren't necessarily bad but I think some of them are too long and flat. One of these sightlines would be the area on top of the lift with the Brace Large flooring.

I found other issues with the map but these were the most pressing to me.
  • Like 1

You're right Zan'.

But, I'll not do a second version for this map.

I'm changing my style of Forge, so I can't modify a map done months ago.

Hope you understand me.

I'll modify my latests maps, like Neutron, Proton ...

I'll try to do better, and to think all pieces of my maps now. 

Zan', you're my forger model. :3