Do you think Cortana is Alive or Dead?

Is Cortana dead or Alive?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Cortana is Dead or Alive

• Cortana is alive! :)
    • Cortana is really Dead :(

She is Dead. The reason being is the fact if they were to bring her back it would be going against the lore that Bungie set up.

"Being a smart A.I., Cortana's operational life span was approximately seven years. However, after she took in all the Forerunner information in Halo's control room, her estimated life span was possibly halved, due to the vast task of storing, processing etc. all that information.In addition, all of the data she absorbed on Halo noticeably decreased her efficiency."

" After a period of or about Seven years, "Smart" AIs begin to process such an excessive overload of data that their function under normal parameters is no longer possible. This condition, known as rampancy, leads to all operational functions being subordinated to their thought process which in the end proves terminal, and essentially kills the AI system."

-Source: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_artificial_intelligence

• Like 1

Well from the little information i knows about HALO and from reading almost all of the HALO Novels...from what  i reads and heards, there are 2 (Two) possible ways she coulds be saved.

1s) There are more than 1 composer and she is turned into human (which I hope will happens)

or

2s) Chief miraculously finds cortana somehow and converts her into a Forerunner A.I. (aka Ancilla) with the help of Mendicant Bias. (another way which is kinda ok with me)

**SPOILER** Ohs ands i hope Chief finds out that Parisa, Chiefs Childhoods friend that he met somwhers inbetweens Two missions of HALO 2 is alive

MasterChief-117

Well from the little information i knows about HALO and from reading almost all of the HALO Novels...from what  i reads and heards, there are 2 (Two) possible ways she coulds be saved.

1s) There are more than 1 composer and she is turned into human (which I hope will happens)

or

2s) Chief miraculously finds cortana somehow and converts her into a Forerunner A.I. (aka Ancilla) with the help of Mendicant Bias. (another way which is kinda ok with me)

**SPOILER** Ohs ands i hope Chief finds out that Parisa, Chiefs Childhoods friend that he met somwhers inbetweens Two missions of HALO 2 and thens they has a happy endings **SPOILER**

MasterChief-117

Both reasons sound highly unlikely and you don't have enough evidence supporting them. 

Cortana was never alive to begin with.. Why ask the question? Should have asked "Is Cortana still functional or not?" ._.

Alive...Funcional...its all the same when it comes to all kinds of things...even AI's or just computers...Cortana would probably dislike that comment of yours :mad:. Anyways i know they are gonna Bring her back...

She is alive but she is stuck in the Forerunner System(hard to explain) there were 2 chips for cortana the pillar of autumn chip and the chip that fits inside chiefs helmet.

In the halo xbox one trailer chief is holding the pillar of autumn chip cos it cannot fit in his helmet

I hope i helped :) 

Of course she is alive, er, functional.. whatever.   She lives on in Microsoft's new voice integration software that's going to compete with apple's SIRI.

Random...but this totally just made me want Cortana's voice as my Google Maps Navigation voice...