Rythmatic

xtoungexlovex

UPDATE  10/14

second version is complete and alot has changed. let me know what you think and what could be improved 

map: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/0506f0f3-7273-4280-87cb-cc8aeac52dbb

overveiw: rQf3wpW.jpg

blue base overveiw: MP0xHIw.jpg

redesinged bases rotated team spawns and improved spawn zones: FwTIq9j.jpg

connected hallways for better flow and flanking opportunities: 1sOt5ry.jpg

under red base: 2zFjtSD.jpg

view of blue from top mid: Xb4GzCY.jpg

added jump from bases to mid two: 0ZVBSw3.jpg

view of yellow from top mid: rWMgTIt.jpg

yellow: D5KruFI.jpg

symmetrical medium sized map featuring two ghosts, lots of verticality, many power positions, trick jumps and, long lines of sight broken up by the segmentation of the structures and tight corridors to flank.

Built with the advice given to me from my previous map in mind.

This is also a successor to a map i built in reach but only the main tower in the middle resembles the original.

Ordinance and spawning are not final as again no real play testing has been done.

please let me know what you think and i hope to see some action =]

map: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/145190ed-199d-4e9e-904d-e127ff74add6

overview:2yFAl2i.jpg

long sightlines: eAr4ikv.jpg

verticality:i61tUrN.jpg

corridors QdHqLtG.jpg

cqcRn0tfaZ.jpg

ObMXYEL.jpg

mR72OKG.jpg

can sprint and jump up the ramp xl and jump to bridge or from mid 3 to sniper tower jiVciwf.jpg

a9Bc87I.jpg

flanking staircase dStkRET.jpg

Gave this a look in Forge.

This map is an improvement over your previous map. But it still has plenty of major problems.

Ramp length: The inclines leading up to Purple are just way too long. This is not good for the map's gameplay. One should avoid, making overgrown ramps and should at most use 4/5 of the length of the Ramp XL.

Flow: You need to manage the flow of your maps better. You need to set defined routes and paths. When heading to a location, the mindset of the players must not be "Alright, I'm just gonna run straight there to the objective without any real strategy." It should be, "Alright, I'm gonna go to the right, take that ramp, and flank the enemy. Then I can circle around and get to top mid..." Something like that.

Lazy cover: This map has quite a bit of lazy cover. Cover, in a competitive map, should be structural. Players should be able to use your map's geometry in multiple ways and not just for cover.

Messyness: There are plenty of areas in the map that are filled with pieces that aren't even supposed to be there. This makes these areas quite crowded and, frankly, ugly. Some of these areas would be bottom  Green and bottom Gold.

Sightlines: Because the ground of your map is flat, this creates some rather long sightlines. I understand that the map is on Forge Island, hence the flatness. But you can still break up these sightlines with height variation and usable structures.

Spawning: In the future, avoid piling 3 or 4 respawn points right next to each other in the same exact place pointed in the same exact direction. Spread your spawns out in protected areas and easy-to-orient places.

Anyway, that's it for now. The map has a lot of other issues but these ones are the most pressing.

Thanks for taking look man

I ran into a lot of problems with budget on this map I nearly gave up on it but managed to pull it together with only a few blocks left and the brace tunnels were a very late addition and a bad choice in hindsight.

I have a few ideas on where to take this map and I think they could fix my problem with flow.

The next version of this map will be very much different as this is the earliest build

And as always thanks a ton for taking the time to look at my maps and for the feedback. It defiantly motivates me to do better and hopefully I'll make it up to you

• Like 1

second version is complete and alot has changed. let me know what you think and what could be improved 

map: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/0506f0f3-7273-4280-87cb-cc8aeac52dbb

overveiw: rQf3wpW.jpg

blue base overveiw: MP0xHIw.jpg

redesinged bases rotated team spawns and improved spawn zones: FwTIq9j.jpg

connected hallways for better flow and flanking opportunities: 1sOt5ry.jpg

under red base: 2zFjtSD.jpg

view of blue from top mid: Xb4GzCY.jpg

added jump from bases to mid two: 0ZVBSw3.jpg

view of yellow from top mid: rWMgTIt.jpg

yellow: D5KruFI.jpg

Thanks for taking look man

I ran into a lot of problems with budget on this map I nearly gave up on it but managed to pull it together with only a few blocks left and the brace tunnels were a very late addition and a bad choice in hindsight.

I have a few ideas on where to take this map and I think they could fix my problem with flow.

The next version of this map will be very much different as this is the earliest build

And as always thanks a ton for taking the time to look at my maps and for the feedback. It defiantly motivates me to do better and hopefully I'll make it up to you

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

Don't worry, you'll get better at this because you have the right attitude. No one starts out great at this. I remember making about 9 horrible maps before I was able to make some pretty good ones.

Just keep listening to feedback and understanding the concepts of forging competitive maps. You'll get better at this in no time. :)

I'll check the new version out when I can. You should add me on XBL.

My gamertag: Zandril S312

I can help you out a lot more if we're in Forge at the same time. Kind of like tutoring. If you're interested, that is.

• Like 1