ForgeBall: The "New" Gametype

A New Game Mode That Has Been

Under Our Noses

Halo-4-Champions-Bundle-Screenshot-Ricoc

The Ricochet game type came along with a somewhat "hidden" game type.

Certain Affinity and 343 industries have not been advertising this game type.

I also have not seen any other forgers or players using these great advantages.

This video (with minimal views) on Certain Affinity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmrQocJ4Fxg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYkUiOQpGfNu3tfPFAKZ1iQ

Now this descriptive video is very confusing, but all I got out of it was:

There is a "hidden" Game Type

You can create so many new modes out of this Game Type tool

This mode essentially is a HaloBall remake with a twist

You can make Race out of this game type

Now as I stated before, I have not seen to much news

or discovery using this game type,

yet there is so much you can do with it.

But now seeing this video I'm almost positive this is how 343

will be bringing Race to the matchmaking playlist.

What do you think of this "new" Game Type?

• Like 2

There's an absolute tonne you can do with this. Quite a few forgers have known about this since those videos release. Nutduster,  a forger who primarily resides on forgehub is working on a map where one team tries to attack a castle made out of 1 x 1 blocks. The twist is that the 1 x 1's can be destroyed using the forgeball labels. 

• Like 3

There's an absolute tonne you can do with this. Quite a few forgers have known about this since those videos release. Nutduster,  a forger who primarily resides on forgehub is working on a map where one team tries to attack a castle made out of 1 x 1 blocks. The twist is that the 1 x 1's can be destroyed using the forgeball labels. 

Wait? What??? That sounds amazing thanks for letting us know!

It's really awesome to see this can't wait to try it out myself. 

I just hope we can spread the word a little a bit so that people will start using this game type to make the game modes that make halo fun. :)

Some of the modes they show at the end look awesome, and I can see some definite direction this game type could take. So the more people that know about the better. :)

So this just uses Ricochet, right?

Honestly, I wa hoping it would replace the oddball texture with a monitor...

I'm sure there's a mod for that somewhere.

Speaking of Forgeball, my Hockey gametype isn't working as well as I had hoped. The puck deletes itself once it goes in the net and the explosion effect occurs, but no points are awarded. D:

• Like 1

Yes, I was tinkering with the gametype the other day and what I found is that in order to have points count it has to be the goal that has points set to it not the ball... or "puck".

Also, something I found annoying was if you have a one sided game type the modes let you set the game to multiple rounds but it wont switch sides after each round.... Somewhat a problem in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Yes, I was tinkering with the gametype the other day and what I found is that in order to have points count it has to be the goal that has points set to it not the ball... or "puck".

Also, something I found annoying was if you have a one sided game type the modes let you set the game to multiple rounds but it wont switch sides after each round.... Somewhat a problem in my eyes. 

Then Certain Affinity lied! Their Forgeball video said that the ball has the points set to it, not the goal! D:<

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope we can spread the word a little a bit so that people will start using this game type to make the game modes that make halo fun. :)

Some of the modes they show at the end look awesome, and I can see some definite direction this game type could take. So the more people that know about the better. :)

i agree