Battlefield 4 Beta First Impressions

Oophilly215oO

Ya piloting is so damn hard in the Beta.... I tried it twice and fail so hard. lol.

Great video Philly! :thumbsup:

I think the reason it's hard is more because it's different. The BF3 piloting is probably a lot harder in truth; but BF4 beta's piloting is dumbed down to the point of 'WTF is this'

I think the reason it's hard is more because it's different. The BF3 piloting is probably a lot harder in truth; but BF4 beta's piloting is dumbed down to the point of 'WTF is this'

Not to mention in the full game isn't there a mode where you can practice flying and such etc. I guess they are trying to encourage more people to use vehicles. 

But what version of Battlefield 4 is best? The Xbox 360 version, the PS3 Version, or the *Cough*Superior*Cough* PC version?

If you want to experience BF4 at its true potential then PC is the way to go. Better frames, better graphics, more players. Well thats if your computer can handle it at max settings. 

Ya piloting is so damn hard in the Beta.... I tried it twice and fail so hard. lol.

Great video Philly! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot man! :D

i guessss im just so used to bf3 that i em exactly like what you said. i have a big wtf over my head when i started using vehicles haha

But what version of Battlefield 4 is best? The Xbox 360 version, the PS3 Version, or the *Cough*Superior*Cough* PC version?

Well PC has always had 64 player multiplayer :P but next gen xbox is supposed to support that as well so idkkk pc might not win this race.

If you want to experience BF4 at its true potential then PC is the way to go. Better frames, better graphics, more players. Well thats if your computer can handle it at max settings. 

Haha in other words if you got a grand or two to spend on a high end pc then yeahh 60$ battlefield will look amazing (it better for all that money into a good pc)

Well PC has always had 64 player multiplayer :P but next gen xbox is supposed to support that as well so idkkk pc might not win this race.

What Race? There is no race. There is only PC... or nothing. 

#PCMasterRace FTW

I am only kidding, lol... Or am I? No but seriously I am... Or am I not? 

• Like 1

Here's the thing, a lot of people over the past year or so seem to ave forgotten that you don't want to put out a really polished, functioning Beta.

Beta Testing is there to find and fix problems with the game, and to stress test Servers, Maps, and Gametypes.

I can't count the number of people who have said "This beta sucks, therefore the game sucks, totally not gonna buy it."

While you can use the Beta to promote the game, it's better to use it to fix it, so it works when you finally release it.

NOW ONTO MY OPINION OF IT!

I agree with the Piloting, and the driving for that matter. Everything had been dumbed down to use the thumbsticks, but not in a fluid way like in Halo.

If this is your first time with a Battlefield game, you can get used to it, no problem. but those of us who have played the others now have to relearn how to fly/drive effectively.

The AK12 needs to be fixed. 'nuff said.

There's a glitch where loading one shell from a shotgun takes up 6 shells. it's a coding error. When you reload any other gun, it counts Tac-reloading as dropping the current mag, so you lose the bullets in that magazine, and it subtracts a full clip from your bullet count. however, this carried over to the shotgun, and the grenade launcher in the center of the map.

There's a lot of people complaining that the game doesn't look as good on Xbox as it did on PC. NO DUH. PC's gonna look better for a while yet. Maybe once the next Gen matures it'll look the same, but I doubt it.

There are quite a few animation glitches, but once again, BETA. They do these to find and fix those.

Over all, I feel like they have sped up game play. you die much quicker (But respawn too slowly IMO.) and run out of ammo in no time flat.

As a person who plays as an Engineer exclusively, I felt punished being stuck using the MX4 Nightprowler until I unlocked something better. (PROTIP, throw this gun out the window at the first opportunity. It is the one dark mark on Beretta's track record.) I found myself running and gunning with the Pistols for most of my games (I did quite well with it actually, especially when I got the M9 :drool:)

I didn't really switch to other classes, but from watching my brother play, these are my other comments:

The Support's grenade launcher needs a bit of a nerfing. I've seen many a player quit after being nailed from the top of the Sky scraper.

The elevators are pretty awesome for a few reasons; They can provide a temporary escape if you're low on health and being chased, the provide a wicked tension as you go up to an enemy occupied roof top, hoping they're not watching the doors, waiting for you to arrive. (Also, I think it should play elevator music when you use them. That would be hilarious.)

It takes too dang long to unlock Carbines. Too dang long.

I think that's all I've got to say... I know this is a little scattered, so... yeah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...