Call of Duty:Ghosts

AnimeAddict

I just wounder if it will outdo Grand Theft Auto V. Will it sell more copies, get more pre-orders, or make more money, than GTA 5? We all know just how well a Cod game sells... Lets see if the trend continues.

I'll admit Call of Duty Ghosts, does look pretty good... But the question is, will it be good enough?

• Like 1

Im just kinda curious as to your guys thoughts on Call of Duty:Ghosts coming out 

In my opinion it looks like it will be a good game but then again its COD so im not holding my breath  but never the less it looks like they have improved on alot of things

Call of duty ghosts looks like another terrible rehashed straight out the production line call of duty with little improvements if any at all this new engine rumour going around is not true it is just running on a updated engine that is 6 years old anyway and this new dynamic maps thing is hardily impressive or original.  :thumbsup:      http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKJIIgdSW6O4&ei=WwBNUpn_DsW2hQefkQE&usg=AFQjCNFvAxnifHanN6RIMJ-qdBzLYuOm_w&bvm=bv.53537100,d.ZGU

• Like 1

Call of duty ghosts looks like another terrible rehashed straight out the production line call of duty with little improvements if any at all this new engine rumour going around is not true it is just running on a updated engine that is 6 years old anyway and this new dynamic maps thing is hardily impressive or original.   :thumbsup:      http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKJIIgdSW6O4&ei=WwBNUpn_DsW2hQefkQE&usg=AFQjCNFvAxnifHanN6RIMJ-qdBzLYuOm_w&bvm=bv.53537100,d.ZGU

thats not really a fair video that is a one sided video lol even as comical as it was

I just wounder if it will outdo Grand Theft Auto V. Will it sell more copies, get more pre-orders, or make more money, than GTA 5? We all know just how well a Cod game sells... Lets see if the trend continues.

I'll admit Call of Duty Ghosts, does look pretty good... But the question is, will it be good enough?

i kinda hope so cause that will disprove that ALL COD games are the same :P even tho since COD4 it basically has been with maybe a small amount of graphic improvement

Call of duty ghosts looks like another terrible rehashed straight out the production line call of duty with little improvements if any at all this new engine rumour going around is not true it is just running on a updated engine that is 6 years old anyway and this new dynamic maps thing is hardily impressive or original.  :thumbsup:      http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKJIIgdSW6O4&ei=WwBNUpn_DsW2hQefkQE&usg=AFQjCNFvAxnifHanN6RIMJ-qdBzLYuOm_w&bvm=bv.53537100,d.ZGU

Some say "Call Of Duty" is great. Others say it is garbage. But the truth is neither is right, nor is either one wrong. The game is only as good as the person playing it feels. If the person despises COD with a passion, and there is nothing you can do to ever change their mind, then they will dislike Ghosts no matter how good it may or may not be. If someone obsesses over COD, than no matter how bad the game could end up being, they will love it unconditionally regardless.

Love and hate, are two equal, yet opposite reactions. Two sides of the same coin.... Yin and yang. The greater ones love is for someone or something, there is someone out there who hates it to the same extent the other loves it. Hating a game with a passion only proves that someone else could love the game to the same degree of extreme.

No game is perfect, at the end of the day we will all see the game differently. Some will see the game perfect. They would tell you that there is not even ONE problem or glitch with the game. Meanwhile someone else could tell you its unplayable, piece of trash excuse for a game. Every game needs a fan base made up of both love, and hate. Its all about the balance.

You have to play the game for yourself. See for yourself whether or not the game is your cup of tea.

• Like 1

HAHA, YOU SERIOUS?

THEY'D HAVE TO MAKE MORE THAT 800,000,000 ON DAY ONE TO DO THAT!

GTA has this in the bag, and CoD players are starting to bug out, so, hopefully, they step up their game, or stop making it.

• 4 weeks later...

Having played it, I guess I might as well burn my time writing this.

Call of Duty: Ghosts was given a lot of high expectations. The campaign was a twist to the formula; it was a game built unto this stepping stone between current gen and next gen technologies. Everybody expected this to be even more revolutionary than Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 with it's gameplay. And many people wanted this game to be good.

Well.....

Is it a good Cod? Yes. I've never found a CoD to ever be bad compared to each other; I've only seen improvements. But Black Ops 2's ideas and implementations were really cool, but most of them weren't carried over to Ghosts. Sure, there are features never before seen....but all I can say, from my first thoughts, is that it's highly disappointing. Note that this'll probably change once they do some work in the game, but....yeah.

CAMPAIGN

A heavy first act and a great third act are bogged down by the mushy mush of missions in the middle that seem to be there only because Infinity Ward wanted a setting where stuff could be blown up big and look cool. The gunfights are repetitive and boring; we won't be getting iconing gameplay moments in Blops2 like Horse Riding, Jet flying, etc. and the most epic things we might see is a building collapsing and you falling out.

Story wise, the first act is really good at setting up the feel for the game. You can instantly tell that fight as well as you can (You're the respawning god of war, after all) you're still the losing side here. The antagonist is shallow, predictable, and following this, so is the ending. Much of the missions you do have no correlation to the antagonist at all. However, the character buildup between Hesh, Logan and Elias is one of the best relationship building we've seen all throughout the entire game - from which stems a single moment throughout the story where I truly felt ingrained. It was also the only time I actually felt like wanting to pop a cap in the antagonists' head. If we had that moment coupled with the storytelling Blops 2 had with multiple timelines giving reason, providing backstory, etc. then we'd be seeing a great campaign to come.

Oh, yeah, and the length definitely isn't great in this game. And some missions are honestly just stupid. Nobody's going to start a firefight in space.

NEW FEATURES

First of all, lets talk about Squads. The evolution of Create-a-Class from previous games, we now have Squads, giving us 10 different squad members each with 6 different classes to choose from, and whose classes we can modify with up to over 20,000 different variations. It is fun, it is easy to understand albeit sometimes feeling unnecessary, and best of all - it's balanced. There's only one gun that seems to "stand out" above the rest and even then, it does so purely out of a bad net-code being "exploited".

Extinction is the new wacky mode of IW, replacing the silly game of surviving against a bunch of dudes in MP maps. Definitely unlike zombies, which was pure survival along with maybe objectives in earning achievements from completing easter eggs. Extinction pits you against aliens in an RTS-like game of micromanaging resources, restarting drills and advancing through maps by destroying the things that block your path. Is it fun? Yes, but I still find Zombies much more fun compared to this. I'm sure it'll be more fun when I play this game mode with friends who talk, though.

MULTIPLAYER

Now, on the the big stuff. We all know CoD has much of it's replay value here. 

.....Big problems. Easily summed up.

- Lead map designer needs to take some happy pills, because everything is dull grey, yucky brown and almost always has trash everywhere. Remember Blops 2's maps, with a sunny skate park, a dubstep floating nightclub, the familiar and hilarious futuristic version of Nuketown? Yeah, we're never gonna be having those. Welcome to an era where everything you see is grey and boring. Maps are where you play on; if everything you see only gives off the feeling of dullness, that's exactly how players are gonna feel.

- Net code is trash. You kill in 5 bullets; the enemy kills you in one. Deaths are just about instant, yet it takes so long to kill an enemy. Can't wait for the Dedicated servers to be operational. This is why the MSBS (MS Bullshee)  is good - it's the only weapon apart from snipers that you can solidly say kills with one burst in certain ranges. Its not even that hit detection is bad; just that you round a corner and die instantly, but in the kill cam you seemingly round the corner way earlier - at least, long enough for the other person to land their shots.

- Maps are dumb. Previous maps usually followed the basis of having a 'center' area, and then routes throughout it all, providing flanking, but usually funneling combat towards each other. These maps seen pretty much have the design criteria of 'diddles'. Somebody scribbled on a paper some idiotic blabber and that became the map. There are way too many places you can get shot from - there's no way you can ever cover everything.

- Big maps for more tactical gameplay; 18v18 limited to next gen. Previous games easily held 18v18 games. Now? Nope.

All in all, a bit disappointed. I'm sure things'll change soon enough, but.....

meh.

My two cents.

• Like 3

In a lot of cases, a game's greatness is measured in the amount of copies it sells.   ;)

That is not true in the slightest take COD ghosts as a example it is the same COD everyone brought last year but with a few new boring looking maps and attachments and little to no innovation at all but yet it makes a Billion while other great games such as Fallout don't get anywhere near those sales while we are on that note Batman arkham origins got a 6 at game spot because it was more of the same but Cod ghosts gets a 8 even though it is more of the same we have been playing for more than a decade see what I mean good games never get the praise they deserve but terrible games like Cod get a ton and get really unfair scores Cod is the worst game franchise that ever exited and is destroying the current industry Cod is bad for the industry but looking at Cod ghosts sales it seems Cod has gone down a notch compared to Black ops 2 so I guess it is a step in the right direction hopefully now that next gen is around the corner I hope another fps that deserves to be where Cod is right now takes it place until Cod sorts itself out. :) 

Rant over

That is not true in the slightest take COD ghosts as a example it is the same COD everyone brought last year but with a few new boring looking maps and attachments and little to no innovation at all but yet it makes a Billion while other great games such as Fallout don't get anywhere near those sales while we are on that note Batman arkham origins got a 6 at game spot because it was more of the same but Cod ghosts gets a 8 even though it is more of the same we have been playing for more than a decade see what I mean good games never get the praise they deserve but terrible games like Cod get a ton and get really unfair scores Cod is the worst game franchise that ever exited and is destroying the current industry Cod is bad for the industry but looking at Cod ghosts sales it seems Cod has gone down a notch compared to Black ops 2 so I guess it is a step in the right direction hopefully now that next gen is around the corner I hope another fps that deserves to be where Cod is right now takes it place until Cod sorts itself out. :)

Rant over

Same cod? No. Its worse. Though graphically better. But that's just it.

However, I would have to say that change isn't always good. To a non-cod player, whether there's bias or not it's very hard to discern differences, but once you ground yourself in the game and understand how it plays, you'll be able to tell exactly the differences. Your argument is based a lot around bias, and while it's perfectly fine to have bias, I think it does mean that your argument itself doesn't have as much of an 'impact'....

Also, do note - the reason why Ghosts' sales are lower are easily attributed to the fact that many, many people are waiting on next gen compared to Black Ops 2, which was only on current gen.

But yes, how good a game is NOT proportional to the cash earned from it. That, I agree.

Here's my two cents, I'll be making a video about it in the near future.

Campaign: Nonsensical Set pieces strung together with Ham-fisted exposition, driven by faceless character's with no memorable qualities.

Online: S.S.D.D., but worse. WAAAAAY WORSE. I can't believe someone topped MW2 for worst Online ever.

Squads: I actually love squads. I like the customization, but I don't like having to play online to unlock them.

Extinction: WAAAAY more fun than zombies has been in a while. Definitely a high point of the game.

Well everyone knows COD games are always best sellers. But no I don't think COD Ghosts will out sell Grand Theft Auto 5. Even if it does I will know which one is better. ^_^ Obviously Grand Theft Auto. Anyways COD Ghosts looks like a amazing game, judging by the trailers iv'e seen. I think I am pretty convinced that it's going to be a good game. But just because a game looks epic in a trailer doesn't mean when you play it, it will be fun, true story.  

Well enjoy a little COD Ghosts game play. and See how you like it.

Same cod? No. Its worse. Though graphically better. But that's just it.

However, I would have to say that change isn't always good. To a non-cod player, whether there's bias or not it's very hard to discern differences, but once you ground yourself in the game and understand how it plays, you'll be able to tell exactly the differences. Your argument is based a lot around bias, and while it's perfectly fine to have bias, I think it does mean that your argument itself doesn't have as much of an 'impact'....

Also, do note - the reason why Ghosts' sales are lower are easily attributed to the fact that many, many people are waiting on next gen compared to Black Ops 2, which was only on current gen.

But yes, how good a game is NOT proportional to the cash earned from it. That, I agree.

I would not like to think that is the reason why Cod ghosts is doing bad I would like to hope it is because many people have realised that Cod is one of the worst things in the gaming industry and have no decided to buy it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I would not like to think that is the reason why Cod ghosts is doing bad I would like to hope it is because many people have realised that Cod is one of the worst things in the gaming industry and have no decided to buy it.  :)

Nope.

CoD is pretty solid when Infinity Ward makes the game. The campaigns are usually awesome and the multiplayer is pretty good as well.

Multiplayer - Laggy BS that, while surprisingly balanced, is also stale and boring and for some reason it takes 10 bullets for you to kill a guy who instakills you by sight.

Campaign - This is the one where it was just a bunch of random useless events that doesn't make sense anyways. People aren't meant to shoot guns in space. People also don't usually survive drowning after getting a bullet shot in their lung after getting hit by an orbital bombardment shockwave while within a sinking container. But hey, CoD, right? Usually awesome.

Nope.

Multiplayer - Laggy BS that, while surprisingly balanced, is also stale and boring and for some reason it takes 10 bullets for you to kill a guy who instakills you by sight.

Campaign - This is the one where it was just a bunch of random useless events that doesn't make sense anyways. People aren't meant to shoot guns in space. People also don't usually survive drowning after getting a bullet shot in their lung after getting hit by an orbital bombardment shockwave while within a sinking container. But hey, CoD, right? Usually awesome.

Yes Cod is the worst thing that happened to the industry because it made a lot of game devs think this .....

If we make our original franchises more like call of duty people will buy them more

And look what happened to Capcom it didn't turn out well for them. :)