Classic Halo Music

uvaa8

Because it would be pointless to reuse old music? Music for previous Halo's was MADE for previous Halo's. The whole theme of the song was meant to fit that certain Halo. I think you should know that this is Neil's first time composing music for Halo and while he used O Donnell as some inspiration they're two different musicians. They think differently when it comes to composing music. I am sure the next Halo soundtrack will be much better then this because experience makes you better.  

They actually spoke about this a couple of months or so before the release. They said something about wanting everything in Halo 4 to be as new and different as possible, but to remain similar at the same time. The music was something they chose to make from scratch for the new trilogy. So it's not likely that we'll be hearing the old theme on future games unless it's related to an easter egg or some special cutscene or the credits.

• Like 1

I love the old music as well as the new music it made sense to start from scratch as it is a completely new story as Spyro said it would make sense to reuse old music for an easter egg but during the gamplay it makes sense for new music for a new story and to be honest I thought the Neil did a good job considering what came before was a lot to live up to but thats just my opinion

I love the old music as well as the new music it made sense to start from scratch as it is a completely new story as Spyro said it would make sense to reuse old music for an easter egg but during the gamplay it makes sense for new music for a new story and to be honest I thought the Neil did a good job considering what came before was a lot to live up to but thats just my opinion

agreed

I just wish they can do something much more catchy. Strident was a track that would get stuck in my head, along with Perchance to Dream/Too Sleep which I'll find myself humming every now and again.

But they had some songs like "Requiem" and "117". ^_^

"Catchy" is a very vague term. Eveyone doesn't find the same song catchy, but I know what you mean. 

• 2 weeks later...

While the classic music is awesome, I think that style should stay in the previous games. I don't want 343 to make games exactly the same as the originals, as the series will become repetitive, kinda like Call of Duty. I like the direction 343 are taking the series, and I feel the series is in good hands. I love the dark tone of Halo 4, and I love Neil Davidge's music. My only problem with it; it's too quiet in game, and the loud sounds of the Assault Rifle drown out the music. They need to fix that in Halo 5.

• Like 1

Why won't 343 bring back the classic halo music from the previous Halos? The music is one of the best parts of the game and Halo 4 was great, but lacked something that only the music could fix. Does anyone have any news on this or have any thoughts? Thanks!!!

I wish the same exact thing. The new music is ****ty and was done by a ****ty composer. The guy needs to go back to music school or wherever he got his "degree".

I also agree that the classic music they used in all the Halos, but perhaps they could remix all the music into one major classic musical remix, very well organized and not confusing. You know what I mean? I can make you really think if you want.

I also agree that the classic music they used in all the Halos, but perhaps they could remix all the music into one major classic musical remix, very well organized and not confusing. You know what I mean? I can make you really think if you want.

• Like 2

that would be a cool idea. or they could just remix and remake the old music for no reason. it would be cool