Lunacy

Gamertag:Chronmeister

Optimal Player Count: 8-12

Supported Gametypes: Slayer, CTF, KOTH, Extraction

Ordnance: Overshield, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, Sticky Detonator, Needler x2

Vehicles: 1 Ghost and 2 Mongoose per team

Lunacy is a medium/large map on Impact. It plays good with 8 but great with 10-12. I tried to make good use of the existing terrain and extreme height variation that this area offers. Yellow base gives players a great power position to battle over with its shooting gallery views of the entire map. This area is furthest from the sniper rifle however and has multiple entrances along with a man cannon and telporter leading to different areas, so holding it is a challenge. The rest of the map lies on the slope of the asteroid with ordnance evenly spread to all the areas, vehicles at red and blue, and placed long range rifles in the bases. I think the map will actually support the largest lobbies of up to 16 and should be considered a BTB map that can play a 4v4 rather well.

post-66838-0-68498800-1379908575_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-38825000-1379908576_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-51462900-1379908577_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-62128300-1379908578_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-34184800-1379908579_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-02548400-1379908580_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-86067100-1379908580_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-56714500-1379908581_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-34790100-1379908582_thumb.jpgpost-66838-0-07479000-1379908583_thumb.jpg

I am pretty proud of this one. I hope you get a chance to download it and let me know what you think. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Download Here<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Like 1

I really like this map Chron. Out of all your maps, this one looks different. Not because it's not on Forge Island but because it doesn't look like a Chronmeister map.

Look at Sever and Infernal. They're like twins. Even your co-forge with Squeak looked so much like your previous maps.

This one looks very different.

I'm not sure how I feel about it on 4v4 but I think 6v6 would play best here. There aren't many good squad maps out there so it's nice that this map exists.

There was an area that I wasn't very fond of. I don't remember where it is exactly but I think it's an area that went too deep. It was a crater in the terrain itself.

• Like 2

I really like this map Chron. Out of all your maps, this one looks different. Not because it's not on Forge Island but because it doesn't look like a Chronmeister map.

Look at Sever and Infernal. They're like twins. Even your co-forge with Squeak looked so much like your previous maps.

This one looks very different.

I'm not sure how I feel about it on 4v4 but I think 6v6 would play best here. There aren't many good squad maps out there so it's nice that this map exists.

There was an area that I wasn't very fond of. I don't remember where it is exactly but I think it's an area that went too deep. It was a crater in the terrain itself.

I filled in a couple of craters since our last match and I think that the few that are left actually serve a purpose so take a look next time we play on it. I may have already covered up that one. Im glad that this map looks a little different. I think this is a combination of all the different forging styles I have used. My first maps actually looked a lot more like this, but they would never have worked out as well bc of the base design and map layout in general. I was really learning a lot when I built Infernal and I tried repeating that style in my next couple maps. The maps themselves were very different, but the style was noticably similar. This map is similar to my earlier works bc it makes use of the terrain and has separate free standing bases as opposed to the map being one solid connected structure. Both styles are very functional if done properly. I think why this map is special is bc it has stand alone bases, but it connects them naturally with the given terrain. There is no other location that this map could have been possible which is why this map will never be duplicated.

Forging and testing are the only real fun I have with videogames anymore. Halo 5 is a long way off, so all us forgers need to keep the game alive. Keep testing and making maps. Halo 4, despite all the negative opinions, is the best shooter ever made. I am truly sick of hearing how ****ty a game it is by people who are taking the time to play it. Those who gave up on it, WHY? The game works great as is and there are modded gametypes to  make it more like previous Halo's if that is your thing. With the game not even out a year and the playlists dwindling, I am worried, but I hope that once everyone gets sick of the short term crap they are playing they will come back to the rock that is Halo. Forge itself makes the game an investment of sorts. Protect your investment and play the damn game. If it's been a while, you probably forgot how great it really is.

• Like 2

Forging and testing are the only real fun I have with videogames anymore. Halo 5 is a long way off, so all us forgers need to keep the game alive. Keep testing and making maps. Halo 4, despite all the negative opinions, is the best shooter ever made. I am truly sick of hearing how ****ty a game it is by people who are taking the time to play it. Those who gave up on it, WHY? The game works great as is and there are modded gametypes to  make it more like previous Halo's if that is your thing. With the game not even out a year and the playlists dwindling, I am worried, but I hope that once everyone gets sick of the short term crap they are playing they will come back to the rock that is Halo. Forge itself makes the game an investment of sorts. Protect your investment and play the damn game. If it's been a while, you probably forgot how great it really is.

No worries. Even if Halo 4's Matchmaking has gone to ****, the customs and forging community is very much alive. I myself only play Halo 4 because of all the customs.

So even if the playlists are dwindling, there will always be enough people to play custom maps with.

Although I don't think the people who left are coming back anytime soon. They're probably waiting for Halo 5.

P.S. Halo 3 is the best shooter ever made. Not Halo 4. :P

• Like 1