Join or Die

pyro6666

For those who might not get this, before the American revolution Ben Franklin made a political comment with a snake that was cut into 13 pieces and each was labeled with one of the colonies.

Underneath the picture it said Join or Die alluding to the myth that if a snake was cut into pieces it could reattach those pieces and come to life (sorta like a Frankenstein-snake) so basically, pyro wants all the Halo communities to join together so Halo doesn't die.

Pretty deep.

Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg

• Like 6

Anyone who made it to 8th grade could have explained this. Zandril just transplanted X51000's post here since, well, no one else explained it. Therefore, he still deserves a thanks.

If you don't live in the US, then you'll have no idea. Back in 8th grade, our history classes were covering ancient history still. And in 9th grade, we learned how Canada was basically founded because of the fashion industry from the 17th century onward. :/

If you don't live in the US, then you'll have no idea. Back in 8th grade, our history classes were covering ancient history still. And in 9th grade, we learned how Canada was basically founded because of the fashion industry from the 17th century onward. :/

Wow, but all I'm saying is that whether or not the post was a copy, no one else would have been nice enough to explain it, therefore he has earned a thanks in my opinion.

Instead of discussing a meaningless topic why don't we talk about what the OP wanted to bring on the table?

I'm all in for more community interaction between the various Halo sites, everyone benefits from each others actvity.

Halo sites are really lacking this, there are amazing sites i haven't even heard of until recently.

Personally i would like to organise a big collaboration project between the sites, but the site admins have to talk that out ;)

• Like 3

Wow... that's very deep man. And I understand too. Also, I love that beautiful artwork, and the creativity as well. It brings out an excellent perception, and it is a true show of beauty. That's touching, how it takes you to different sites. I think... we should all initiate a project. WE should call it "Project: Join or Die"... seriously people. Imagine how powerful the Halo community would become. And... maybe there'd even be a way to combine all communities... into ONE GIANT SITE!!! (Not Halo Waypoint, that's an official site, not big), I''m talking GIANT. We, all need to contribute people... this could be that only way to quench my thirst for doing something big, and making "a dent in the universe".

• Like 1

Wow... that's very deep man. And I understand too. Also, I love that beautiful artwork, and the creativity as well. It brings out an excellent perception, and it is a true show of beauty. That's touching, how it takes you to different sites. I think... we should all initiate a project. WE should call it "Project: Join or Die"... seriously people. Imagine how powerful the Halo community would become. And... maybe there'd even be a way to combine all communities... into ONE GIANT SITE!!! (Not Halo Waypoint, that's an official site, not big), I''m talking GIANT. We, all need to contribute people... this could be that only way to quench my thirst for doing something big, and making "a dent in the universe".

If i started such a project i would choose a different name, I don't think that this is a fitting one to unite the Halo community.

One giant site for the Halo community is not possible, i would have preferred a site to have success that chains and bonds halo sites together, such as halounity a project by firestream... but it failed due to lack of interest and cooperation with the other halo communities -.-

I think we have to start small, like a project between 2-3 halo sites (a tournament or contest). We can only go bigger from there :)

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the wheels in the picture (Xforgery and THC) are actually dead and done already. The front end (Forge Hub) might as well be dead and is pretty much a shambling corpse as of now. Forge Cafe I really never hear anything about. Halo Customs is going pretty strong, as is 343CF, THFE on the youtube scene, and Beyond Entertainment on the 343i/ competitive/ cartographer scene. Those 4 have at least some connection at this point, but the other links on this snake are either decomposing or about to start. 

• Like 2

Man when you put it that way it seems as if we need to connect these final pieces before the whole snake dies. We can still pull it together!

I'd hate to see all the hard time and effort these site and even much more the community has put in just to go to waste. We need new wheels on this hog so we can get rolling again. :)
  • Like 2

If i started such a project i would choose a different name, I don't think that this is a fitting one to unite the Halo community.

One giant site for the Halo community is not possible, i would have preferred a site to have success that chains and bonds halo sites together, such as halounity a project by firestream... but it failed due to lack of interest and cooperation with the other halo communities -.-

I think we have to start small, like a project between 2-3 halo sites (a tournament or contest). We can only go bigger from there :)

Yeah it sort of bummed me out to see that it is non-existent anymore. We used HaloUnity religiously for a while, and were one of the few sites to do that. It just turned out that nobody really went there after a while, so it became pointless. The idea was perfect, maybe timing was a factor idk.

It looks like website admins who understand the situation of Halo 4 are investing in each other on some level, which is a great thing and will pay off for members of all sites. As a fan of Halo, I could care less which site is hosting the contest or tournament, I just want to be informed about it and have the opportunity to participate. It is a lack of communication and information that should be worked on the most.

• Like 1

For those who might not get this, before the American revolution Ben Franklin made a political comment with a snake that was cut into 13 pieces and each was labeled with one of the colonies.

Underneath the picture it said Join or Die alluding to the myth that if a snake was cut into pieces it could reattach those pieces and come to life (sorta like a Frankenstein-snake) so basically, pyro wants all the Halo communities to join together so Halo doesn't die.

Pretty deep.

Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg

silly Zandril you forgot to put the quote in a quotebox, :P

*fires zan off of FC Librarian team*

/kidding

I think it just means that all the forums, and Halo communities need to get together, or else we all... might as well die? I guess?

That is exactly what it means, if all of the communities join together for one day or more. It will bring people to halo.

Forge Cafe I really never hear anything about.

aXbv7z6_460sa.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJpzrPQvMGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2hh5tOyg4A

zid, this is why we need a new contest on Forge Cafe. :P

silly Zandril you forgot to put the quote in a quotebox, :P

*fires zan off of FC Librarian team*

/kidding

I_Love_You_Patrick.gif

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the wheels in the picture (Xforgery and THC) are actually dead and done already. The front end (Forge Hub) might as well be dead and is pretty much a shambling corpse as of now. Forge Cafe I really never hear anything about. Halo Customs is going pretty strong, as is 343CF, THFE on the youtube scene, and Beyond Entertainment on the 343i/ competitive/ cartographer scene. Those 4 have at least some connection at this point, but the other links on this snake are either decomposing or about to start.

Xforgery is dead, super dead.

THC had to shut down for a while due to flamming. So they probably won't be on their feet anytime soon.

FC has been in waypoint sparatically but it hasn't done much. Our interview with THFE gave us a few more members but didn't do as much as we would've liked.

Forge hub made some improvements but it seems as though the -yoink- are what kept them going and now that its friendlier it's lost some activity.

Halo Customs is doing awesome. You guys are great.

I don't know about 343cf bt you guys seem to be out there.

So.... It seems THFE has a monopoly on halo atm, so whoever is active there seems to do well.

But I'm not so sure if there is anything to do; we already tried halo unity..

• Like 1