The Title of "Legendary Member"

PrometheanSigma

So I must ask if since I was last on the forum (6 months or so) if the title of Legendary Member is different? Many of the users I knew (Insignia, Spectral Jester, The Director, etc.) all have this title. Have they all left the forum? Or has the context changed? Because last thing I remember is having to leave the forum (and be an elite member) to receive this title. So, my question is, how do you earn the title? I'm not shooting for it myself, but I'm curious, and also want to know if all of these members are gone. Thank you!

the title of Legendary Member was created and initially never used, as the moderating team at the time were unsure what to do with it.

then AD had to step down, and it hit us all hard. then like the lightbulb flashing above the heads it dawned on us what to do with Legendary Member.

What a way to honor a member who has worked there butt off for the good of the forum, make them a LEGENDARY MEMBER, the forums way of saying thank you and we salute you.

Most if not all the Legendary Members are popping in from time time where there lifes permit, some are still fully active, but cant give them time to the forum that they once could.

In short a Legendary Member is someone that has done everything they could to help keep the forum safe, keep the forum current with news, evolve the forum, give all there free time to the forum not because they had to, but because they wanted to.

The Legendary Member currently consists of ex moderators and ex staff, who did all they could to help the forum, whether there choices were deemed right or wrong, every decision was made with the long term future of the forum in mind, so all members should remember , when a decision is made and you dont think its right, dont go out to stab the mod in the back, or cause arguements in the SB.  Remember all decisions are made with the forum being the number 1 factor

• Like 8

the title of Legendary Member was created and initially never used, as the moderating team at the time were unsure what to do with it.

then AD had to step down, and it hit us all hard. then like the lightbulb flashing above the heads it dawned on us what to do with Legendary Member.

What a way to honor a member who has worked there butt off for the good of the forum, make them a LEGENDARY MEMBER, the forums way of saying thank you and we salute you.

Most if not all the Legendary Members are popping in from time time where there lifes permit, some are still fully active, but cant give them time to the forum that they once could.

In short a Legendary Member is someone that has done everything they could to help keep the forum safe, keep the forum current with news, evolve the forum, give all there free time to the forum not because they had to, but because they wanted to.

The Legendary Member currently consists of ex moderators and ex staff, who did all they could to help the forum, whether there choices were deemed right or wrong, every decision was made with the long term future of the forum in mind, so all members should remember , when a decision is made and you dont think its right, dont go out to stab the mod in the back, or cause arguements in the SB.  Remember all decisions are made with the forum being the number 1 factor

Thanks. That sums most of it up. So why are you a Legendary Member? Obviously, you're an awesome member, and you've helped out the whole forum a lot, but don't you still frequent it commonly? Or is it because you're not a mod anymore?

Thanks. That sums most of it up. So why are you a Legendary Member? Obviously, you're an awesome member, and you've helped out the whole forum a lot, but don't you still frequent it commonly? Or is it because you're not a mod anymore?

Why am I a Legendary Member? :hrhr:  that sums it all up!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah thats right, i got legendary because i was JUST A MODERATOR!!!

didnt matter that i spent 2 years of my life living on the forum, keeping it clean and safe for members to use.....

didnt matter that i spent 2 years of my life scouring the forum to remove the childish posts, the flaming posts, the garbage from the forum

didnt matter that i spent 2 years of my life living and breathing 343i.org

this is one of those times when i sit here and think, why the hell did i bother!!!!

• Like 5

yeah thats right, i got legendary because i was JUST A MODERATOR!!!

didnt matter that i spent 2 years of my life living on the forum, keeping it clean and safe for members to use.....

didnt matter that i spent 2 years of my life scouring the forum to remove the childish posts, the flaming posts, the garbage from the forum

didnt matter that i spent 2 years of my life living and breathing 343i.org

this is one of those times when i sit here and think, why the hell did i bother!!!!

Dude, I was just saying. I don't frequent the forum that commonly... I mean, sorry if I pissed you off, but didn't you become a Mod because you did all of that? That's what I'm implying.

Dude, I was just saying. I don't frequent the forum that commonly... I mean, sorry if I pissed you off, but didn't you become a Mod because you did all of that? That's what I'm implying.

Spectral Jester wasn't just a moderator. He was the moderator of moderator's. Which, in and of itself, is pretty legendary. Not to mention all of the giveaways that he funded, the playdates that he put together, and that he was one of the people who made the forum what it is today. There's a lot of credit to go around as to who helped make the forum as awesome as it is now, but Spectral Jester has earned more than an equal chunk of that credit.

There's a ton of stuff that you've probably missed out on that was awesome and that Spectral Jester made happen. That's why he's a legendary member.

As for me, I've been a part of this forum for two years, become one of the most decorated members on the forum, have one of the highest like/post ratios, and spent a ton of my time helping people on the forum with stuff like advice, achievements, fixing bugs, and making Halo forge maps. And that's not even when I was a moderator. When I was a moderator, I was on here dang near 24/7 fixing posts, banning trolls, fixing member names/titles, helping people learn to use the forum, as well as other things until my life dragged me away for a while.

All of that Jester doubled, easily. Except my post count. He's only been able to beat that by about 1.23 times. ;)

• Like 5

I think it's because he isn't a moderator anymore.

Wait, and whatever happened to Vitamin PWN? Did he ever come back?

Vitamin PWN? Oh my... William you're on a roll with the questions!

And here I thought Jester was only given all of these special titles because him, Twam, and Absolute Dog were in cahoots!

• Like 1