What if we could upgrade weapons?

PrometheanSigma

Before I start this off, I want to point out a few things:

A. Please share your ideas.

B. I don't mean this in any particular context (Campaign, SO, Multiplayer, etc.)
C. I'm making this for fun.

Here are some examples:

Magnum turns into the...

RE Ultimate. The bullets are now explosive and do much more damage.

Rocket Launcher turns into the...

Cluster Smash. Rockets fire out smaller grenade like fragments upon explosion.

SAW turns into the...

Obliteration Minigun. Clip size, damage, and fire rate all increased.

DMR turns into the...

Cranium Explosion Rife. Variable zoom and extra damage.

Incineration Cannon turns into the...

Hellfire Infector Cannon. Liquid fire leaks from the explosion and damages enemies. Also increases clip size.

So, what are your ideas?

Seems cool on paper, but it just feels too much of a copy of the current upgrade model for CoD Zombies(Which I assume you based it off that). Something like this would be cool as like a mod on Halo CE or Halo 2. Not in any future Halos though. 

Seems cool on paper, but it just feels too much of a copy of the current upgrade model for CoD Zombies(Which I assume you based it off that). Something like this would be cool as like a mod on Halo CE or Halo 2. Not in any future Halos though. 

I did get the idea from that, yes. But like I said, I don't mean this any particular context. I just want to hear other people's ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

if i could mod a gun it would be the assaullt rifle. (warning i want this to be a mod in CE for campaign but i can't find any modders hint hint) the assault rifle would have twice as much ammo same clip size as the original one did from halo one and it would shoot plasma grenades or pulse grenades!!!!!!!!!! total epicness!!!!!!!!! and obliteration!!!!!!!!!!!

if i could mod a gun it would be the assaullt rifle. (warning i want this to be a mod in CE for campaign but i can't find any modders hint hint) the assault rifle would have twice as much ammo same clip size as the original one did from halo one and it would shoot plasma grenades or pulse grenades!!!!!!!!!! total epicness!!!!!!!!! and obliteration!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like an extremely easy mod. I am sure you can do it yourself/has been done already.