infinity slayer

Michael Isham

B IS FOR BRAVO from 343 has released the following statement in a recent waypoint update: The Majestic Map Pack is now required to play Infinity Slayer. As the goal of this is to gauge if the DLC-required playlist solution is a viable one, we will be monitoring its population closely. This is an experiment, and is in no way, shape or form a permanent move at this time.

So as you can see, it's not permanent but it is depressing if you felt like playing 4v4 Halo this week and can't because of DLC restrictions.

• Like 1

This is bullahit its saying you need the dlc to play infinty slayer and I can't afford it and I am sure I not the only one everyone should be able to play.

You know what I find funny? 

You failed at spelling, and the amount of effort that you put into this thread.

Getting the 's' and the 'a' mixed up isn't failing at spelling, it is a common typo. They are right next to each other on the keyboard. The only thing funny is that he typo'd the explicit word, and your nitpicking of his spelling and frustration that he cannot play a playlist he likes because he chose not to purchase DLC.

You know what this all means??? Us forgers must unite and make and effort to fill the void of emptiness in the Halo 4 community. We must rise to the the situation presented to us and not disappoint. All those who are left behind we offer you sanctuary... in custom games.

OK. inspirational speech done.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, calm down dude. The main reason for requiring the Majestic DLC is because the people who bought the maps can't play them any more because the playlists are gone, and even if they weren't, they would be very unpopular. They're only trying to give the map pack buyers more value by offering the maps in the main playlists, and as BeckoningZebra1 said, it's not permanent, it's only experimental.

Alright, calm down dude. The main reason for requiring the Majestic DLC is because the people who bought the maps can't play them any more because the playlists are gone, and even if they weren't, they would be very unpopular. They're only trying to give the map pack buyers more value by offering the maps in the main playlists, and as BeckoningZebra1 said, it's not permanent, it's only experimental.

Well then I would say its time to shut down this * experiment * wouldn't you ?  :thumbsup:

Maybe they should, as the population for the playlist has gone down. I think in Halo 5, if they can keep the population up, they should have one playlist for all map packs.

I don't play halo 4 or own it anymore so I must ask what is the player population of that playlist right now ? :thumbsup:

I don't play halo 4 or own it anymore so I must ask what is the player population of that playlist right now ? :thumbsup:

I can't check right now but Infinity Slayer is on average 1000 or below. While Big Team is always near ten thousand. I think they recently removed the DLC requirement or they are going too(I've heard people saying this but I can't check until the weekend if they did or did not)