Welcome to the 5th 343i community Poll

Last week's winner was rather unanimous with the winner(s) being

The Forerunners!

This week's question is one that will drive us (or me at the very least) mad until Halo 5's release.

What happened to Cortana?

-She Died

-She Lived

Now I know those are two very broad categories so I want you to expound on those and further develop your answer beyond  just Cortana is dead or Cortana is alive. I want you to tell us where she is and what she is doing if she's alive and why she's dead if she's dead.

Thank You for taking part in this week's Poll and have a nice week!

Have a suggestion for the poll? Message me.

• Like 4

She is alive. Sorta.

I still haven't figured out what kind of "thing" is that at the end of Halo 4 in which Cortana saved John from the explosion...but surely it's gonna be something Forerunner, like some sort of Domain. Thus Chief will have to go find her in a Forerunner Structure (I hope it being the Ark although is improbable) or he'll have to find the Didact to seek for answers.

Or she is integrated with some Ancillas, to form a Gravemind or something alike. But that's highly improbable.

• Like 1

I think she died. I think there may be a chance to revive her, but we don't really know anything, tbh.  But as far as H4 goes she died. :P

She is alive. Sorta.

I still haven't figured out what kind of "thing" is that at the end of Halo 4 in which Cortana saved John from the explosion...but surely it's gonna be something Forerunner, like some sort of Domain. Thus Chief will have to go find her in a Forerunner Structure (I hope it being the Ark although is improbable) or he'll have to find the Didact to seek for answers.

Or she is integrated with some Ancillas, to form a Gravemind or something alike. But that's highly improbable.

Oh yes actually this is the first probable idea I think I've heard. She is alive inside the terminal that got destroyed at the end of H4. But the AI chip was drained. So Chief takes the chip to the ark to try and put her back in the chip. Something along those lines.

Edited by CooliestRap - Gwam
  • Like 1

I know they will defy logic and bring her back somehow eventually, but for now, they want to humanize the chief.

I think she should be dead, but will be revived... So... I am leaning more toward dead on this one.

She is definitely dead, but, they will bring her back, the fans demand it! I want her to stay dead, as it would leave way for someone else to fit the picture, like Arby, or maybe even Jun! But, alas, fan pull...

• Like 1

This is a good one. Kudos ZB :clap:.

I think Cortana is dead for now. There's no way 343 can get away with as bold a move as removing one of the most pivotal characters in the Halo franchise in their first game. The idea of killing her off right was bold already so I commend them on that. I think she's gone but that there's a way for Chief to get her back. I understand why Chief would be holding her chip for some reasoning as to why he fights as hard as he does but that can't be the only reason. Cortana is temporarily dead.

• Like 1

She's alive because Somehow she was put into the composer's radio and is now a DJ for UNSC 97.3 the lead rock station for planet earth but she goes as the alias MARTHA in all capital letters so as to keep her identity secret...                                                                     but seriously she's dead and even though she could come back as another copy it just wouldn't be the same, it's like that ex girlfriend you pass about two years after you break up its great to see her but you can't rebuild that Friendship, plus we still have halsey, she is all the cortana I need as long as she won't betray her relationship with John I will be okay without cortana. As far as I am concerned she can stay 'dead.' Sorry if I offended anyone.

• Like 1

I think when she said that to Chief, the rest of her was right there in front of him. But now that you remind me of that I think that further supports the idea of her being in the Composer's systems  maybe.

And "down there" isn't totally destroyed. She still exists on some fragment of some object. I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

I believe she is alive, but corrupted and in a very bad condition. Hell, she even might be imprisoned by the Didact and used to lure the Chief in his doom. The story of Halo 5 will be deep, I am sure Humanity faces a threat even more devastating than the Flood, the Forerunners themselves or maybe a new faction.

Well, that's my opinion at least :P

Edited by Elite Sniper
  • Like 1