GTA Online Character Customization and Other Details

D-38 Boss

http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-online-details/

Information has been released regarding GTAV's online mode.

TL:DR version as follows:

Character customization is apparently taking a cue from The Sims, making you choose your character's parents to make a base appearance, and tweaking it from there. There are even choices to make for your personality that affect your character's in-game performance (I.E. Smoker - lower stamina, as of yet, there is no known boost, and others have yet to be named.)

500+ online missions. Yeah. 500.

Online missions support a simple speech recognition mechanic. what this means, is if you're waiting for a teller to fill your bag with money from a safe, you can yell something akin to "Hurry the  :censored: up!" and they will work quicker.

The online is a maximum 16 players, starting with your crew, then filling in with players close to your level.

Your character is a new arrival in the city, similar to CJ in GTA:SA.

The story of Online takes place after the events of the single player mode, meaning several character's with be making Cameos, however it is unclear whether any of the Protagonists will.

The online mode will make use of GTAV's 49 square-mile map. That's pretty dang big...

DISCUSS!

• Like 2

http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-online-details/

Information has been released regarding GTAV's online mode.

TL:DR version as follows:

Character customization is apparently taking a cue from The Sims, making you choose your character's parents to make a base appearance, and tweaking it from there. There are even choices to make for your personality that affect your character's in-game performance (I.E. Smoker - lower stamina, as of yet, there is no known boost, and others have yet to be named.)

500+ online missions. Yeah. 500.

Online missions support a simple speech recognition mechanic. what this means, is if you're waiting for a teller to fill your bag with money from a safe, you can yell something akin to "Hurry the  :censored: up!" and they will work quicker.

The online is a maximum 16 players, starting with your crew, then filling in with players close to your level.

Your character is a new arrival in the city, similar to CJ in GTA:SA.

The story of Online takes place after the events of the single player mode, meaning several character's with be making Cameos, however it is unclear whether any of the Protagonists will.

The online mode will make use of GTAV's 49 square-mile map. That's pretty dang big...

DISCUSS!

I wish here was more than 16 players ( damm current gen tech ) 16 players just isn't enough for that size of map :(

I wish here was more than 16 players ( damm current gen tech ) 16 players just isn't enough for that size of map :(

That's just what I could tell from the article. It could be more, but truth be told, it would end up like GTA IV online. You couldn't walk more than 6 inches without getting gunned down.

Add in the fact that you need to be able to get your loot from heists back to a hideout of some kind, there are plenty of players who would love to ruin your day by plugging you before you can get away. Limiting the number of players in the free roam makes sense.

I hate games like *Cough*(Skyrim) *Cough* that have too much content. I am a completionist, and I don't like to leave a game until I beat it, and I don't buy a game unless I play it, and I don't leave it and move onto the next game on my list until its beat- You see where I'm going with this....

The problem is if it is too long or If you beat one mission/chapter/quest and then ten more appear, it not only gets annoying but practically impossible to beat the game when it would take like 300 hours lets say of total playtime to beat it. But you only can play it around 8 hours a week... And that's not factoring in if you go out of town or on a vacation, or if you get ill or injured and need time off work and Xbox... How could I have enough time out of my life to devote myself to beating it, and apply even more time into the other seven or eight games on my list... And then, even if by some miracle, I do complete the huge game, by the time I beat three out of the eight other games, two or three new games will be released and add to the list.

I feels like, with most modern games, I take one step forward, three steps back, and one step sideways... 

I just hung this up on my wall... In hopes it will inspire me to work hard at games and life. 

breakingbadfanart_paulflanders.jpg

In my opinion, Completion-ism is no way to enjoy games.

If you focus on just making sure you've done everything in a game, you're not focusing on what can make a game great.

Skyrim is not sold on the gameplay, but the Expansiveness of the map, and the Immersion of the lore.

With GTAV, it's a similar concept. Rockstar has always been good at making memorable characters, and believable worlds.

That's just my opinion though. far be it from me to tell you how to enjoy games.

In my opinion, Completion-ism is no way to enjoy games.

If you focus on just making sure you've done everything in a game, you're not focusing on what can make a game great.

Skyrim is not sold on the gameplay, but the Expansiveness of the map, and the Immersion of the lore.

With GTAV, it's a similar concept. Rockstar has always been good at making memorable characters, and believable worlds.

That's just my opinion though. far be it from me to tell you how to enjoy games.

I agree, I don't wanna be a completionist, but I can't help but find every single item, object, travel to every location, kill every person creature, save/spare everyone, get all the achievements, etc.

I always say "Okay, I will buy this game and play it for fun, who cares about beating it 100%?", and then I end up playing that one game obsessively for a long time, and either get 100% or put in as much as I can invest, and then move on. Its painful lol.

I'm proud Rockstar is making so much for GTA 5, I am just worried I wont be able to give it the time, attention, or dedication it needs and deserves...

And if I do, the world won't be seeing much of me for months... lol

For those of you who haven't already, ΩMΣGΛ has started a 343i Community crew on the Rockstar Social Club for once the online portion is up and running, that way you can connect with other community members who have GTAV for the Xbox. Sign up, team up, and we can make some real (Virtual) Money.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/31175-gta-v-the-343i-community-crew/

Pre-ordered. 16 players is enough for me, I mean, it's a real-time world and it's bigger than GTA IV's.

I will not be disappointed. 

Yes but if the worlds bigger and gta 4s map was big enough I mean you couldn't find anyone because it was so big on the first place but I cannot blame rock star it is current gen tech after all. :thumbsup:

Yes but if the worlds bigger and gta 4s map was big enough I mean you couldn't find anyone because it was so big on the first place but I cannot blame rock star it is current gen tech after all. :thumbsup:

Damn straight. I won't be able to find a soul, Hell I hard a hard time finding people in GTA IV back in its peak glory days, and Liberty City was like one fifth the size of Los Santos... and for those who have slow internet, or problematic xbox live accounts... forget about it. They won't be finding ANYONE! A world that big, with slow internet, and lag, and bad Xbox live reception on an outdated console... There are going to be A LOTA complaints come October 1st... It'll be interesting to see how Rockstar contains and handles it.

the point of having so much content is to make their fans happy... "OH WE WANT A BIGGER WORLD"

"OH WE NEED A LONGER STORY"

"OH WE NEED MORE CONTENT"

"OH WE NEED SOME ESSENTIAL CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION!"

Then the 'completionists' come out of their hole in the ground and say stuff like... "TOO MUCH CONTENT OH MAH GAWD?!"

And we hardcore fans and gamers just look over and say... "Lol."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...