Hey guys. I'm proud to present to you a competitive map that I made.

This map is named Xenos.

LIvxqVw.jpg

This map is designed primarily for 2v2 and 1v1 and has a forerunner theme that I think I pulled off pretty well.

Xenos is compatible with multiple gametypes. These being Slayer, Extraction, KoTH, and Oddball.

Overall, I'm very proud with this map. It has a simple layout and look and it plays very well for 1v1 and 2v2 games.

Weapons

- Railgun (x1)
- Sniper Rifle (x1)
- Assault Rifle (x1)
- Light Rifle (x1)
- DMR (x1)
- Pulse Grenade (x2)

*Only the Railgun and Pulse Grenades spawn at the start of a match. The rest of the weapons spawn later on.

SCREENSHOTS

6xiTkO8.jpg

9kOERMD.jpg

uiVYBqg.jpg

PSVfdyc.jpg

6EVA031.jpg

Ocy0Iif.jpg

LHzU8Im.jpg

SzeV1w5.jpg

43iPz4o.png

• Like 1

This looks quite nice, maybe a bit simple, but well executed to be sure.  I'll take a look and get some games on it soon.

Thanks Psychoduck, hope to hear back from you soon. There's actually another Forge Cafe Custom Game Night where we can do a 1v1 or 2v2 in the map.

http://halocustoms.com/threads/sep-14-2013-forge-cafe-custom-game-night-small-maps-zandril-s312.13416/

As of now, I think the only issue I'm having with the map is the diamond structure. Everything else is great if you ask me.

I've gotten feedback that told me to keep the diamond and I've gotten some that told me to remove it.

Personally, I'd like for it to stay because it looks so ******* pretty, it sells the theme of the map, and it creates some interesting fights between top Blue and top Red.

But if they really are detriment to the gameplay of the map, I'll have no choice but to remove them.

What do you guys think?

Hey Zan, this looks really clean! It looks like not much risk was taken, but that is not mandate, plus as you said its primarily for 2v2, simple can be better! The Forerunner accents are very nice! I look forward to you beating me up on this map! You're on a roll friend! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey Zan, this looks really clean! It looks like not much risk was taken, but that is not mandate, plus as you said its primarily for 2v2, simple can be better! The Forerunner accents are very nice! I look forward to you beating me up on this map! You're on a roll friend! :thumbsup:

Thanks Festuca. I'll invite you if I see you online.

This looks sexy as hell. The map has a theme that needs not an explanation. The moment players see this, they'll immediately recognize it as a Forerunner map. Those bridges in the middle are particularly epic.

I'll try to get some 1v1s on this soon.

Thanks dude. I hope to hear your thoughts on the map soon. Maybe we can 1v1?

MAP UPDATED

- Boltshot has been removed and replaced with the Assault Rifle.

- Railgun now has 0 spare clips.

- BRs removed.

- All the weapons except for the Railgun and Pulse Grenades spawn later on in the game.

- Soft kill roof added.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Zandril! I saw your feature of you map, and I have a good idea of the map's layout. My only suggestion is, the tunnels... I always find tunnels with grass floors (especially on forge island) unappealing, perhaps cover the floor with wall, coliseums or some other forge pieces. This is because of the forerunner feel that you integrated into your map... Forerunner architecture is usually very clean and straight, which contrasts with the grass. Or, you you could pretend that it is overgrown and cover only certain parts of the floor and add leaves (from the trees) into the tunnel. This will help make the forerunner theme more uniform throughout the map. I hope you agree! ;)

Hey Zandril! I saw your feature of you map, and I have a good idea of the map's layout. My only suggestion is, the tunnels... I always find tunnels with grass floors (especially on forge island) unappealing, perhaps cover the floor with wall, coliseums or some other forge pieces. This is because of the forerunner feel that you integrated into your map... Forerunner architecture is usually very clean and straight, which contrasts with the grass. Or, you you could pretend that it is overgrown and cover only certain parts of the floor and add leaves (from the trees) into the tunnel. This will help make the forerunner theme more uniform throughout the map. I hope you agree! ;)

I appreciate the thought, Rayner. However, I already finalized the map and I don't really feel like giving it another update.

Also, your suggestion is concerned with the map's aesthetics. Aesthetics are opinion-based. We have different opinions on what looks better.

But thanks again for the comment. :)