343i incapable of balacing a game?

xbone4life

i have recently started playing halo again and am sad to say its still glitchy and unbalanced as hell.

I remember when i first started playing halo 4 i loved it even though it glitchy i played through since it was new and my first multiplayer experience. But then people started playing exile a lot and it was unbalanced. The tank was basically lets face it owned by the red team since it was a sprint a way from their spawn. While the blue team had the Gauss cannon which could destroy the tank in 2 hits and since it had unlimited range this was not hard. People by luck got on the blue team and were thankful.

Now lets get to ricochet about 1 year has passed since exile was like it was. Then a patch came around and fixed that up and now its more balanced. The first map i played ricochet on was haven and it was balanced. But then the next map adrift i found out that the blue team had a slight advantage and by slight i mean HUGE advantage. They could run across there hallway, get on a man cannon, and fly straight into your goal. I took them 2 minutes to finish a 15 minute match. I was outraged at the unfairness  of the game.

With these finding i discover that the blue team always seems to have the advantage over the red team. Is there somebody at 343i thats colorblind and hates red?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

343i should seriously run beta testing, because players would easily be able to identify unbalances on maps and weapons once they play for a while

I totally agree if had to guess why was not in there is

1 they were to lazy to put a beta in

2 they felt the game did not need one

3 time constraints ( the most likely )

:thumbsup: 

Technically it hasn't quite been a full year yet since Halo 4's release... Remember it came out in November 6th 2012, its only September. We still have the rest of this month, plus all of October, and a little tad of November to go through before it's officially been One Year. But it is close enough to say that its been a year I guess.

Anyways on to what you were saying... I agree that 343i is currently unable to properly balance the game. I agree that certain maps are biased towards what team color you are or where you spawn. I agree it took to long for the fixes they did achieve. I agree that 343i is not perfect and needs to fix there game. And I strongly agree that there should have been a beta or at least a trial version or Demo of some sort... 

But please try to remember it was the first game of a new company that was assembled by the most corrupt and greedy corporation of all of time (Micro$oft). They did Okay (considering), and Halo 4 was a good game... But sadly a mediocre Halo game. Hopefully 343i learned from there mistakes and can pull a miracle out of there @ss, and save this epic franchise from crumbling under the weight of all of 343's failures. Especially now that there is so much competition... And great competition at that.

I have faith that 343i can turn it around, and if by some unfortunate event they can not... Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo Reach aren't going anywhere.

i have recently started playing halo again and am sad to say its still glitchy and unbalanced as hell.

I remember when i first started playing halo 4 i loved it even though it glitchy i played through since it was new and my first multiplayer experience. But then people started playing exile a lot and it was unbalanced. The tank was basically lets face it owned by the red team since it was a sprint a way from their spawn. While the blue team had the Gauss cannon which could destroy the tank in 2 hits and since it had unlimited range this was not hard. People by luck got on the blue team and were thankful.

Now lets get to ricochet about 1 year has passed since exile was like it was. Then a patch came around and fixed that up and now its more balanced. The first map i played ricochet on was haven and it was balanced. But then the next map adrift i found out that the blue team had a slight advantage and by slight i mean HUGE advantage. They could run across there hallway, get on a man cannon, and fly straight into your goal. I took them 2 minutes to finish a 15 minute match. I was outraged at the unfairness  of the game.

With these finding i discover that the blue team always seems to have the advantage over the red team. Is there somebody at 343i thats colorblind and hates red?

What are you talking about? The game is so much more balanced compared to when it was released. It hasn't even been out a year. Lastly I have never noticed any advantage for blue team on adrift? Just because players knew the map better then you doesn't make it unfair I dominated on adrift the other night while I was red team. I ended the game in 4 minutes and got at least 20+ kills. I obviously knew the map better then the enemy team and knew what spots to go too and all the angles you can score at.

You're complaining about a lack of map knowledge. I agree that some asymmetrical maps can feel as if they lean towards another team more then the other, but it is hardly noticeable. Once you start getting to know all the maps and how they play on Ricochet I am sure you will see what advantage "blue" team had.

• Like 1

Technically it hasn't quite been a full year yet since Halo 4's release... Remember it came out in November 6th 2012, its only September. We still have the rest of this month, plus all of October, and a little tad of November to go through before it's officially been One Year. But it is close enough to say that its been a year I guess.

Anyways on to what you were saying... I agree that 343i is currently unable to properly balance the game. I agree that certain maps are biased towards what team color you are or where you spawn. I agree it took to long for the fixes they did achieve. I agree that 343i is not perfect and needs to fix there game. And I strongly agree that there should have been a beta or at least a trial version or Demo of some sort... 

But please try to remember it was the first game of a new company that was assembled by the most corrupt and greedy corporation of all of time (Micro$oft). They did Okay (considering), and Halo 4 was a good game... But sadly a mediocre Halo game. Hopefully 343i learned from there mistakes and can pull a miracle out of there @ss, and save this epic franchise from crumbling under the weight of all of 343's failures. Especially now that there is so much competition... And great competition at that.

I have faith that 343i can turn it around, and if by some unfortunate event they can not... Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo Reach aren't going anywhere.

i know  its there first game but a lot of companies made there first game and they were great.

i know  its there first game but a lot of other companies made there first game and they were great.

True, and its a shame that they could not have been the ones put in charge of Halo. But it is what it is, I guess.

We can hope for the best, but prepare for the worst for Halo 5.

(Please 343 do not mess up with Halo 5. Offer both the Infinity Slayer experience AND a Classic slayer experience right from the beginning. Offer new content more frequently, create and release fixes and patch's much sooner, and announce all changes made to the game, be it forge, custom games, Multiplayer, Campaign, the games sandbox, or Game Engine, everything and anything. Etc.)

True, and its a shame that they could not have been the ones put in charge of Halo. But it is what it is, I guess.

We can hope for the best, but prepare for the worst for Halo 5.

(Please 343 do not mess up with Halo 5. Offer both the Infinity Slayer experience AND a Classic slayer experience right from the beginning. Offer new content more frequently, create and release fixes and patch's much sooner, and announce all changes made to the game, be it forge, custom games, Multiplayer, Campaign, the games sandbox, or Game Engine, everything and anything. Etc.)

Warthogs are still broken. Game needs work. :)

Other than that the game has been getting better and better. I just wish there was a more streamlined process to get updates out there.

I respect you stig i do. And i agree the warthogs are a little broken but can be fixed.