armor abilities need to go

vengbel

armor abilities need to go, they need to make it more like halo 2 and 3 , those r the games that made the halo series it wasent 4 and reach ,   they have lost most of their fan base  .......its just not the same , i missed the old halo games, where it was skill no cheep stuff ,   ........plus they need ranked and unranked games back ,  that brings the competitiveness to halo , please 343  do this  ......halo is dying 

• Like 2

"They need to make it more like Halo 2 and 3." If I'm not mistaken, Halo 2's multiplayer was FULL of people abusing glitches..

If you don't like armor abilities, there are game modes (least there were) where the AA's are/were not used. If people are playing the games still, it means they are doing something right..

EDIT: Just thought of something.. Why the hell are people STILL making these kinds of topics? I would think that by now anyone who didn't like the game would have either taken it back or just not be playing it... What the bleep..

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 5

armor abilities need to go, they need to make it more like halo 2 and 3 , those r the games that made the halo series it wasent 4 and reach ,   they have lost most of their fan base  .......its just not the same , i missed the old halo games, where it was skill no cheep stuff ,   ........plus they need ranked and unranked games back ,  that brings the competivity to halo , please 343  do this  ......halo is dying

Change is the only constant my friend. Also this isn't an actual 343 forum. It's a community forum. Now on to my reply

If you miss the old Halo games then play them. Halo isn't dying brotha. Did you watch the Global Championships? The Halo competitive scene is still doing well! If you don't like Armor Abilities why don't you play gametypes that don't have them? (I think legendary slayer doesn't have any. Also any game varient that has "Pro" in the name doesn't have custom loadouts or armor abilities.) Also if you want to play classic H3 slayer check out "Halopromod.com" They have what you need. But I personally like AA and they are most likely going to stay.

• Like 1

Halo is defintly dying .... Do u seen the fan base now with halo 4 , it hasent even been out a yr and they would be lucky to have 50 thousand people on , alotttt of people have left , halo 3 defintly didnt go this low in the first yr.... They took out the playlist legendary slayer like a week ago .... Change is good but not like that ..... Cod dosent change and they still do amazing

• Like 1

Halo is defintly dying .... Do u seen the fan base now with halo 4 , it hasent even been out a yr and they would be lucky to have 50 thousand people on , alotttt of people have left , halo 3 defintly didnt go this low in the first yr.... They took out the playlist legendary slayer like a week ago .... Change is good but not like that ..... Cod dosent change and they still do amazing

Can you please type with proper grammar? I mean I hate to be that guy but please don't be lazy and type "yr" instead of "year". Halo's fanbase is still fairly large it isn't dying. The population is still pretty large. Well you can always play Rumble Pit or Slayer Pro variants if you want that "classic" Halo feel. Please remember Halo and Call Of Duty are very different games so it would be nice if you didn't compare them. Call Of Duty does change but in very small increments. Plus CoD is available on 4 different platforms when Halo is only on one.  

• Like 2

okay just for you to understand i will write them in long term form ,   halo might still have a fairly large fan base ,  but they have lost about 75 percent of their fanbase ,  people just are not interested in playing halo  .......i have friends who stopped playing ,   its getting worse  ......you might be one who likes the armor abilities , and think halo 4 is good , so your defending it .....the numbers dont lie , they have lost most of their players ,  i know ive played all the halo games , and payed attention how many people was on and they have lost most of their players

• Like 1

If you don't like armour abilities don't use them simple as that. Your statement saying halo lost 75% of their fanbase is also very incorrect because you base it only on your experience which is very selfish. Yes your friends stopped playing Halo but did you know that a lot of people joined the halo fanbase just today? The Halo fanbase is now bigger than it used to be and you just don't know it.

• Like 2

okay just for you to understand i will write them in long term form ,   halo might still have a fairly large fan base ,  but they have lost about 75 percent of their fanbase ,  people just are not interested in playing halo  .......i have friends who stopped playing ,   its getting worse  ......you might be one who likes the armor abilities , and think halo 4 is good , so your defending it .....the numbers dont lie , they have lost most of their players ,  i know ive played all the halo games , and payed attention how many people was on and they have lost most of their players

If you don't like armour abilities don't use them simple as that. Your statement saying halo lost 75% of their fanbase is also very incorrect because you base it only on your experience which is very selfish. Yes your friends stopped playing Halo but did you know that a lot of people joined the halo fanbase just today? The Halo fanbase is now bigger than it used to be and you just don't know it.

Thank you Frankenzer for helping me out on this one you're right. I have seen so many more people play Halo now then ever before. Sure people are split between Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4 at times but the fanbase just keeps getting bigger and diverse. Halo 4 sold extremely well a lot better then what 343i expected. So your argument just seems weak. If you don't like Armor Abilities then play Slayer Pro or anything with "Pro" in the name or Team throwdown(I think throwdown doesn't have AA sometimes). I still don't see what you're so fussed over. 343i has listened to people like you and have given you guys options in War Games. Also if you want a mod that captures the Halo 3 feel just check out "HaloPromod" 

• Like 1

Frenzer , when did u get into halo anyways ? .... I got in at halo 2 ,i have played alot of 2 and 3 lets just say halo 2 and 3 took years before it started to die down .... It had more than a million playing it all the time , halo 4 hasent been out a yr yet and its lucky to have 100 thousand.... It says the population on them.... U can all say all u want but im telling u your wrong on this

im not denying the casual gamers ,  i just think the armour abilities should be in a different franchise game ,  not halo  ....... like the armor abilities or not halo has lost most of it's fan base .......it says on halo 4 how many people are on  .....and its not even close to what halo 3 or 2 was , sure their is people who like them, but it has added cheap tactics in the game , which sucks

Quick conspiracy theory: Bungiw Sabotaged Halo with Reach (Adding AA's and such). If you don't remember, the competitive Halo community split when Reach was released. Half liked it and half did not. Half quit playing Halo. When Halo 4 was being developed, 343i essentially had to take the game from Bungie and go with it. This included Sprint and visual reticle bloom. 

Bungie notably did two  Actions before Halo Reach was released:

Remember the 'Destiny' Easter Egg in ODST?

They stated that Reach was everything they ever wanted in Halo.

Hmm... if they were already focused on Destiny back when ODST was released, that tells me that they knew that Halo wasn't coming with them when they left Microsoft, thus they did the unthinkable... adding aspects from other popular shooters to the game. This was new to Halo. After 4 solid and VERY successful games without these options they decide to add them right before they give the game up?

The statement 'everything we wanted in a Halo game' is aimed at 343i, to influence them to pick up the torch and carry the 'improved' Halo to the next level. 

But like I said... its just a theory... and I'll probably get a lot of flak for believing this could have happened by all the Bungie supporters that are in awe of the company that could do no wrong because Destiny is being released and is the savior for games... related to... space........battles.

hmm.

• Like 2

armor abilities need to go, they need to make it more like halo 2 and 3 , those r the games that made the halo series it wasent 4 and reach ,   they have lost most of their fan base  .......its just not the same , i missed the old halo games, where it was skill no cheep stuff ,   ........plus they need ranked and unranked games back ,  that brings the competivity to halo , please 343  do this  ......halo is dying 

dislikepost

"They need to make it more like Halo 2 and 3." If I'm not mistaken, Halo 2's multiplayer was FULL of people abusing glitches..

If you don't like armor abilities, there are game modes (least there were) where the AA's are/were not used. If people are playing the games still, it means they are doing something right..

EDIT: Just thought of something.. Why the hell are people STILL making these kinds of topics? I would think that by now anyone who didn't like the game would have either taken it back or just not be playing it... What the bleep..

postlike

343 is just starting to test the water here a bit, wait for them to find their balance...

Can you please type with proper grammar? I mean I hate to be that guy but please don't be lazy and type "yr" instead of "year". Halo's fanbase is still fairly large it isn't dying. The population is still pretty large. Well you can always play Rumble Pit or Slayer Pro variants if you want that "classic" Halo feel. Please remember Halo and Call Of Duty are very different games so it would be nice if you didn't compare them. Call Of Duty does change but in very small increments. Plus CoD is available on 4 different platforms when Halo is only on one.  

I personally feel the reason for Halo's "death" or decreasement of population, is due to the newest creations of un-newb and un-casual-player environments involving the over use of Halo-jumping, MLG-wannabe-runaway-when-you-shoot-me-once-then-jump-the-corner-spraying-br bums, the excessive application of bullet impact shoving and slowing u down, the lowering of vehicles' health and invunerability, the removal of any human air vehicles, and in general just making the game much more annoying to play on multiplayer. Meanwhile CoD is keeping its formula pretty simple and making it relatively easy to come out of a fight on top if you are the better gunman and figure out how your enemy operates. Really I believe the reason for the decline of Halo is due to the lazyness of gamers, who, do not wish to first down the shields of their enemies and then follow up, but rather just kill their enemy on sight and call it a day. Also, the slow decline from rewarding good players who achieve crazy feats, by giving them armors which display they achieved said feats, has proven costly as the gamers are no longer rewarded for making cool feats which are amazing and leave them with a feeling of pride, but instead are forced to grind their way through ranks to achieve the armor pieces, causing EVERYONE to have the same armor setups and no longer take interest in achieving anything. The bringing back of achievements to earn armor, and things like easter eggs, skulls, and terminals, would cause a much bigger interest within the Halo community revitalizing it. For a more complete list of suggestions, please click the link from my profile on here which suggests improvements for the next Halo.

As for the removal of armor abilities....

NOPE

/\ (gif, open in new tab for full effect)

• Like 1

I disagree with the you on "Armor Abilities need to go" because they don't. They're an interesting addition to the Multiplayer of Halo 4.

Anyway, if you have any concerns addressed to 343i write them a letter or go to Halowaypoint.

Halo isn't dying. Contrary to popular belief. Those that play it competitively just went back to Reach.

Where did you get that 75% anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

While I agree that Halo 2 and 3 are the best multiplayer games in the series, I wouldn't say Armour Abilities are a bad thing. Surely Spartan supersoldiers will have some kind of equipment so they can be more efficient, no? I wouldn't say it's the Armour abilities that ruined Halo 4's population, I'd say it's the ordnance drops and little need for map control. But I personally love Halo 4. I think there should be a playlist without Armour Abilities or custom loadouts or Ordnance drops, like Legendary Slayer. Legendary Slayer was too little, too late in Halo 4. They should include it in Halo 5 on launch day.

Simply removing them is not the answer. As that would only do to the fans that love them, what Bunige did to the fans that didn't in Halo Reach. Both sides have to compromise. That's all a relationship is anyways. There is a simple solution to both problems... 

Have one playlist with Armor Abilities, Sprint, and Flinch.

And one without Armor Abilities, Sprint, and Flinch. And instead have Static weapon spawns, Equal Starts, De-Scope.