Xbox One: First TV Commercial

Cooliest

Microsoft has aired the first North American Xbox One television ad,

to coincide with the start of the NFL football season.

6C7512049-new-image-consoles.blocks_desk

As you'd expect the ad is heavy on NFL and, as Microsoft has done throughout its promotional campaign, highlights the various entertainment features of the new console, including Skype and TV functionality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmD0vPOd5Rk

The Xbox One release date was confirmed this week as November 22, 2013. The console will launch in 13 markets including North America, UK and Australia simultaneously.

Speaking at a technology conference this week, Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi said Microsoft believes it will break even or even profit marginally from sales of Xbox One at launch.

This differs from console launches in recent years, with firms usually taking a loss on early-life hardware sales with an eye to turning profits on software sales and services, and later on hardware following manufacturing cost reductions.

They've made so many steps in the right direction and then they make the first commercial

about football.... something people can watch without Xbox.

Tell me what you think about the very first Xbox One Commercial.

Get the full scoop at http://www.computerandvideogames.com'>CVG

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by CooliestRap - Gwam
  • Like 2

(Sarcastically) Wow. So unexpected... Especially from loyal and trustworthy Microsoft. This will change people's opinions on the one.

I understand the market, but when you already did so much wrong to your supposed main audience, you should at least feature a single game in your commercial. Not smart.

• Like 1

(Sarcastically) Wow. So unexpected... Especially from loyal and trustworthy Microsoft. This will change people's opinions on the one.

I understand the market, but when you already did so much wrong to your supposed main audience, you should at least feature a single game in your commercial. Not smart.

I agree.... at least show that it is a gaming system. For all we know that could have just been a an advertisement for TV. lol. I just think they keep focusing on the non-gamer side to the system.... Which what is the main purpose of a GAMING system.... Oh wait, appartently it's TV. Gosh.

Wow. The first commercial and they chose cowboys vs Seahawks! :realmad: Nobody even likes the Seahawks! MS the next commercial better have the Patriots in it.

But this does look pretty epic for keeping up with fantasy football and such considering TV providers have it, but it's not as fast as the console.

Seriously MS, Patriots...not Seahawks.