What do you guys want in Halo 5 forge?

Buns

it should be like a big world and should allow things like AI that when you go into player mode they fight 

and things like pelicans and phantoms and scarabs and spirits will be placeable and they (and you) can drive them and stuff

but what i really want is like the interactive environment like up there said "Buttons for doors will make things less complex" and terra-forming for view of what im talking about (World: Forge)

(World type: Flat) will make a flat map that you can terra form 

and re-add the UNSC flying vehicle pls along with the covenant barriers and stuff 

it would be cool to make like flood infected vehicles with flood biomass on it 

you know 343 isnt a bungie but it CAN make a GREAT halo game if it just listens like bungie did

it should be like a big world and should allow things like AI that when you go into player mode they fight 

and things like pelicans and phantoms and scarabs and spirits will be placeable and they (and you) can drive them and stuff

but what i really want is like the interactive environment like up there said "Buttons for doors will make things less complex" and terra-forming for view of what im talking about (World: Forge)

(World type: Flat) will make a flat map that you can terra form 

and re-add the UNSC flying vehicle pls along with the covenant barriers and stuff 

it would be cool to make like flood infected vehicles with flood biomass on it 

you know 343 isnt a bungie but it CAN make a GREAT halo game if it just listens like bungie did

You see, nothing can run that kind of stuff in a game. It would be too much for the system.

• 2 weeks later...

I want new scenery that you can choose, ex: rain, snow, sunny, etc. I also want A.I. players in forge, so you can spawn enemies and friends. Lastly, it would be cool to have a large map which you can spawn Scarabs in, and I also want more drivable vehicles, INCLUDING Covenant ones, like the Pelican, Phantom, Lynch, Falcon, Revenant, etc.

• 1 month later...

Okay I have a couple of promising ideas that I think would be beneficial for halo 5's forge these are my ideas:

1.  To start off the list one thing that I personally have wanted for a while is interactive forge pieces. For example I would like doors like in the halo reach campaign that require you to push a button in order for it to open. In my opinion is that this would give a nice look to forged buildings and will provide something that could be fun to use.

2.  The next thing that I think could be a good addition is different textures for forge pieces. In Halo Reach the textures were all the same in the way that they all had a metallic grey color, Halo 4 in my opinion made this problem even worse where every single piece that was under the structure section besides the natural pieces had a white and blackish grey color!  This made any sort of building no matter how well made look terrible.  Adding new textures in the configuration section for pieces would add a new element to the game making every piece look diverse.

3.  Thirdly I believe that a weather generator would make any map better and would also encourage people to make machinimas and play casually.  The way that weather could be used is that there is an option in the start menu of forge that allows you to set the weather. For example you could make you map cloudy, You could make it be rainy, or even snowy. This gives forgers more options to customize their maps and further diversify the communities production of games and gametypes.  Another way to use this could be to use weather like the Halo Reach special effects.

4.  This is a suggestion I have that builds on Halo Reach's forge, although do not confuse this as a request to update Halo Reach's forge. The suggestion is to bring some of the old Halo vehicles, such as the Falcon and possibly the Hornet. When I first played the Halo 4's forge I was very surprised to find that there weren't any UNSC air vehicles in the game. In my opinion the return of the Falcon or the Hornet is a must.  If possible maybe even new vehicles for any of the races, but most of all the Prometheans.

5.  For Forge in my opinion the pieces seem to mainly be geared towards making structures that look man made. Another thing that could and should be added to Halo 5's forge is pieces that emulate the Covenant style of structure and the Forerunners style of structure in order to give maps a different feel or theme and create yet another option for forgers.

6.  One of the things that you will see over and over again is to get rid of the budget and block limit. I am a strong believer in this. This allows players to create anything they want. This would destroy any creative limit that has been set by previous games or versions of forge. Take Minecraft for example, it has limitless amounts of space and limitless amounts of blocks that you can place. This gives players of Minecraft limitless options and can make anything they want.

7.  Another addition that would benefit the forge is team specific pieces. By this I mean pieces that pieces that can be set in the forge to be used by specific teams that can be set in the configuration menu.  This would allow players to create inaccessible areas for other teams in order to keep gameplay balanced and prevent unfair use of certain items or objects.

8.  This point is not really a suggestion for an additive but a request for something to stay the same. The thing that needs to stay the same is camera movement of the monitor that allows you to make new pieces. Please do not go back to the way Halo 3's forge did that. In my opinion it made pieces difficult to place where you wanted them to be.

9.  Also, we need another forge world. My reasoning behind this is that forge world was a huge world that had plenty of varying terrains and various options that made it a versatile map that lead to many options for forged buildings. Also, in order to keep the forge world interesting there could be a variety of different similar forge worlds to use that, varied in terrains as much as the other forge worlds did but be different and equal in customization options.

10.  Finally, the last suggestion that I have for forge is to making the forge as player friendly as possibly. Make it so that more experienced forgers can make quality structures and that beginners are able to learn how to forge and quickly become experts or at least enjoy forging. This allows a friendly atmosphere for new players and gives them a sense of achievement when they make a aesthetically pleasing and a competitively pleasing map.

This is the end of my list if there is anything you think I should add post them 343 is looking if you have an idea post it and maybe your idea will become an addition. Thanks for reading this list

@JediJames1999

First of all, we are not the official 343 Industries, just a community forum. I you want the official 343, go to Halo Waypoint.

Second, I think you're on the right track. We need doors, vehicles, more worlds, A.I., etc. I just hope it's better than Halo 4, because they didn't have many options

• 2 weeks later...

Terrain editor, bots, flood-based stuff, all walls and blocks and stuff can either be clean, bloody, or have flood stuff on it, no salary cap, some sort of wiring so you can make doors open by activation a switch or something, auto-opening doors, all vehicles seen in-game (including ones that are not drivable, corpses, bot spawn areas (flood ones would be awesome), more variety in natural items (plants, trees, rocks, etc.), be able to decorate the interiors of rooms better and with more detail, multiple forge worlds, space ships (long swords and stuff), weather changing, snow, water, fire, be able to make tunnels and stuff like that (goes along with terrain editor), and being able to copy a whole structure.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see a "mission maker" of some sort. Allow us to spawn in AI's and edit their teams. Allow us to set paths of certain AI's and setup custom mission objectives. I would like to be able to customize the AI's we spawn. (Change an elites color, strength, skill, rank, etc). I want them to add ALL OF THE VEHICLES FROM ALL HALOS. (Spectre, Shadow, Elephant, Mammoth, Pelicans, Phantoms, etc). I know this is a long shot but allow us to spawn in the ships from halo. (Frigates, cruisers, etc Along with their weapons) I know its a long shot but it can be done. Bigger walls and windows. No limit to placing things in forge. Graphics Editor. Terrain Editor. Music/Sound Editor. Advanced scripting. (Allow us to script in Lua possibly.) Be able to "Test Run" the game while in forge instead of having to quit and load up a custom game. Allow us to setup intro/outra cutscenes by using the camera and setting AI paths. (ex. Set a pelican to fly away at the end of a mission and have the camera watch it.)  Possibly a map with a seamless transition from the ground to space. (Would allow us to setup a big space fight and have a grond fight go on at the same time) I know this doesnt directly tie into forge but add a custom server list. This would allow people to find custom games easier and allow clans to operate easier. That's about all I ask for 343 to add. I know it most likely wont get added, but i can still hope.

You see, nothing can run that kind of stuff in a game. It would be too much for the system.

One word, Computer.

• Like 1

I would love to see a "mission maker" of some sort. Allow us to spawn in AI's and edit their teams. Allow us to set paths of certain AI's and setup custom mission objectives. I would like to be able to customize the AI's we spawn. (Change an elites color, strength, skill, rank, etc). I want them to add ALL OF THE VEHICLES FROM ALL HALOS. (Spectre, Shadow, Elephant, Mammoth, Pelicans, Phantoms, etc). I know this is a long shot but allow us to spawn in the ships from halo. (Frigates, cruisers, etc Along with their weapons) I know its a long shot but it can be done. Bigger walls and windows. No limit to placing things in forge. Graphics Editor. Terrain Editor. Music/Sound Editor. Advanced scripting. (Allow us to script in Lua possibly.) Be able to "Test Run" the game while in forge instead of having to quit and load up a custom game. Allow us to setup intro/outra cutscenes by using the camera and setting AI paths. (ex. Set a pelican to fly away at the end of a mission and have the camera watch it.) Possibly a map with a seamless transition from the ground to space. (Would allow us to setup a big space fight and have a grond fight go on at the same time) I know this doesnt directly tie into forge but add a custom server list. This would allow people to find custom games easier and allow clans to operate easier. That's about all I ask for 343 to add. I know it most likely wont get added, but i can still hope.

One word, Computer.

This would not run on your day to day gaming pc, you need some heavy hardware to run such a thing. Seamless transmission from ground to space is hardware heavy, only game going for it is no man's sky at the moment and it is it's main feature.

The other reason is that what your asking for is not going to run on a game pc.

This requires a pc which has been build for designing purposes it has to render a lot.

While I like the idea, this is a rather advanced thing you're asking for and comes closer to a dev kit than a forge mode.

I'm sure that this is already posted but I am not going to go read through 4 pages of stuff. 

I want to see a lot more UNSC aerial vehicles, I want to see Hornets, Falcons, Pelicans, and for the love of god a Hawk. 

I am a huge promoter of vehicles in Halo and I want to see maps were we can fully use them. Like a BTB  map but bigger, this way we can have pelicans to transport team members and have air battles and partake in ground battles. I want to see it possible to make a map/gamemode were we can have a huge battles.

Edited by Yoshi1176

People play halo because they want to play with their freinds because you can't win a battle In multiplayer by yourself. So 343 HAS TO ADD drivable Pelicans/phantoms because that's why people play halo, being with their freinds. Also it would be EPIC if u could drop down in ODST dropships and flank enemies and be strategic in your gameplay. People play halo over COD because they don't run around like a headless chicken taking random shots at what they hope is the enemy. The wolverine is a must and so is the gremlin. The gremlin could be used to give the positions of the enemy to teammates. And please don't make this aim down sight, this is halo not call of duty or battlefield. dead bodies would be epic, for example: marine, energy sword, through chest or ODST, armless. It would give a unique feel to the atmostphere of halo. Enemies you can spawn would be epic especially flood. More vehicles like gungooses (halo wars) or too seater ghosts. please take all these into consideration.

Sorry about my horrible spelling. I turned auto correct off because it was being annoying

Also another thing, taking halo wars stuff, it would be awsome if you could command grunts where to go if u play as an elite

And one other thing but not to do with forge. NO SANE PERSON WILL BUY AN X BOX ONE JUST FOR HALO 5. If you will do not have it compatible with x box 360 u will have some very angry gamers. For Every 3 ps4 there is one x box one sold. U want to make money? The make it compatible 360. You may think " well no one was angry when they said Titan fall was only coming out for x box one!" Well Titan fall isn't a franchise. Look at the new forza not that big game, but people (gamers) were furious. Imagine what they would do to halo! The best in the business. I'm only trying to help. I have an x box one, but not all players are extremely Rich and probably go for ps if Xbox one prices don't go down and halo 5 doesn't come out for 360. I'm just trying to help. Who better to ask than someone who plays the game all his life.

People play halo because they want to play with their freinds because you can't win a battle In multiplayer by yourself. So 343 HAS TO ADD drivable Pelicans/phantoms because that's why people play halo, being with their freinds. Also it would be EPIC if u could drop down in ODST dropships and flank enemies and be strategic in your gameplay. People play halo over COD because they don't run around like a headless chicken taking random shots at what they hope is the enemy. The wolverine is a must and so is the gremlin. The gremlin could be used to give the positions of the enemy to teammates. And please don't make this aim down sight, this is halo not call of duty or battlefield. dead bodies would be epic, for example: marine, energy sword, through chest or ODST, armless. It would give a unique feel to the atmostphere of halo. Enemies you can spawn would be epic especially flood. More vehicles like gungooses (halo wars) or too seater ghosts. please take all these into consideration.

Sorry about my horrible spelling. I turned auto correct off because it was being annoying

Also another thing, taking halo wars stuff, it would be awsome if you could command grunts where to go if u play as an elite

And one other thing but not to do with forge. NO SANE PERSON WILL BUY AN X BOX ONE JUST FOR HALO 5. If you will do not have it compatible with x box 360 u will have some very angry gamers. For Every 3 ps4 there is one x box one sold. U want to make money? The make it compatible 360. You may think " well no one was angry when they said Titan fall was only coming out for x box one!" Well Titan fall isn't a franchise. Look at the new forza not that big game, but people (gamers) were furious. Imagine what they would do to halo! The best in the business. I'm only trying to help. I have an x box one, but not all players are extremely Rich and probably go for ps if Xbox one prices don't go down and halo 5 doesn't come out for 360. I'm just trying to help. Who better to ask than someone who plays the game all his life.

A lot of people would buy  a xbox one for Halo 5. There is a very good reason for it not coming to 360 and it's called graphical limitations, Halo 4 pushed the boundaries of what the 360 could do, switching the big open enviroments from Halo 3 and Reach to the small detailed enviroments of Halo 4. Examples of why porting it to 360 would not be a good idea are games such as Shadow of mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition, while both games run on the 360, they are tuned down so much that a lot of the defining features in those games have been cut out or downgraded, the nemesis system in Shadow of Morder is a lot less diverse than on the xbox one and the game runs at around 20 fps with frame drops. 

Halo 5 will not be out for at least another 9 months and if so the xbox one would out for approximately 2 years, the 360 while still being supported will be over 8 years old and is just not a console capable of keeping up with the current gen.

Titanfall itself is btw a franchise and is a pc and 360 game as well. Forza is one of the xbox exclusives which is actually a rather big franchise.

The xbox one already had price drops, I bought mine for 300 and this included a copy of titanfall, for 65.

The 360 is on it's way out.

An organized forge list. If they gonna bring different skins of weapons and vehicles then it should just be on the label when you press x. Want the heretic banshee? Example: Spawn a banshee press x while your reticule is on the object and then there is a "Skin" option and just go left to right til you selected the "Heretic" skin. If thats how you want your banshee to always look like when you spawn one then press [button] on the label to select as favorite. Want the infected red energy sword? Then do the same. Simple and Easy

As for the generating lighting. Just toggle it in the start menu, so it will happen whenever you choose too.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, read a few comments on this subject and feel that if we had a map that had a Scarab in it would be pretty awesome, just have it moving around the map as Spartans fought each other in multiplayer. And the idea on bringing Fire Fight back, that'd be awesome as well, I loved Fire Fight even if it got too complicated to the point where you just had everything coming in. I also believe that the idea on the climate change, Forerunner material (doors, bridges, etc.) would be cool to add in the game. And the AI's would be a nice inclusion in an update or DLC later on.

• 1 month later...

It would be cool if you made a completely flat map so people can do what ever they want

Forge Island (Halo 4) got that down pretty well. Also, the Halo 2 Anniversary Skybox maps on the MCC did that really well as well, and they even allow you to place terrain. I do however think that they should have a map editor similar to Far Cry.  Also, just a heads' up we're a community forum not the official site.