Expanding on Lekgolo

Danny Adams

A lot of people don't know Scarabs are Lekgolo. Have you ever seen Visualizing the Halo Universe? The last round was about Lekgolo

http://visualizingthehalouniverse.com/2013/08/19/round-15-free-round/

I saw some submissions at halo.bungie.org, but I don't see them on the vthu site atm, gotta search around, I guess, but someone came up with some that looked like mini scarabs. Pretty sweet artistry, actually.

Imagine going somewhere where the hostile Storm Covenant grow/sustain their Lekgolo. It would be like a mixture of Assembly (Halo 3 multiplayer map) and the Harvester (from H4 Spartan Ops) with a touch of Cortana (H3 campaign level). There you could see move variants of Hunters, as well as see they are preparing Scarabs... maybe even fight a newly operational Scarab at the end.

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on concept art for a couple of ideas i came up with relating to this topic.

The first is just a basic style of mglekgolo minus the shield on the left arm. Instead, I have him outfitted with heavy needlers on either arm that can switch between anti-air and anti-infantry needles. This model has crimson armor rather than blue, and is covered in small round openings with smaller needles poking out. The area of focus for the armor is the upper body, head, and shoulders to protect from incoming aircraft fire. The midsection/legs are even more exposed than usual to allow easy turning/evasion (but this does not mean that they are unarmored there!). This configuration would allow the hunter to cloister into its armor by crouching down and "turtling up" to fend off heavy damage. In this cloistered state, the hunter can lock on to multiple targets and eject the crystals that line their armor in a 360 degree radius all at once. Once fired, the needles spread out in a semisphere centered on the hunter, then proceed to track their targets. Even the hunter's back spines are just huge needles designed for destroying aircraft in one shot. As a less effective form of attack, the hunter can charge foes in an attempt to impale/flatten, or smash them with their gun, causing the rounds to detonate.

The second form would be a little more subtle.  

With the supply of lekgolo worms running short, the Storm Faction had to get a little crafty with what they had left.

This resulted in the creation of lekgolo infiltrator. Spec ops teams are sent out to divide and capture squads of spartan 4s. The unlucky spartan is then removed (carefully) from his armor and executed. With an empty suit of MJOLNIR armor, the elites marry the suit to a small swarm of lekgolo worms. The worms fillout the armor, and are able to link with its neural hubs. From there the mjol-golo can now walk around posing as an enemy spartan. (This last one needs a bit of work, but I think that it would be spooky.)