343i Weekly Community Poll #3

BeckoningZebra1

Welcome back to the the third 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Last week I thought everyone had a lot of great ideas but as it turns out the winner was

The Forerunners!

This week's question is: Who is the Greatest Military Mastermind?

-Captain Lasky

-Commander Keyes

-Thel 'Vadam(Arbiter)

Post your thoughts and votes below.

Have a happy Labor Day, and enjoy your week!

• Like 5

My honest answer: none of the above. My choice would be Preston J. Cole, creator of the Cole Protocol and amazing ship captain. Read "The Impossible Life and Very Possible Death of Preston J. Cole" in Halo: Evolutions (forget which volume) and you'll see why.

Second would be Captain Jacob Keyes - inventor of the Keyes Loop making him a legend in ship control and leadership. (For clarity for whoever reads this, Jacob Keyes only reached the rank of captain and his daughter Miranda became a commander.)

From the above however, I choose the Arbiter. A single Elite who was at the bottom of his social given a second chance is an automatic +1 on the leadership scale. He went from a naked Elite branded with the Mark of Shame to the most renowned Elite in the Covenant. This was chosen by the Prophets but it's not the only reason he's the best military mastermind shown in the OP. What I love about the Arbiter was that he created a massive Elite uprising during the Great Schism and teamed up with the UNSC to dismantle the Covenant and create alliances. This was, strategically, the best thing to do. He didn't want to be ruled by the Prophets because they were lying and were leading the Covenant to death so he chose a strong ally and although his forces are hurt strongly. He helped put an end to the long war and has time to build his army back up with the alliance he has with Humanity.

• Like 4

Hmm all of them in there own right but I would say Jacob keys because he was one of the greatest military leaders in the UNSC he invented the famous move the keys loop and just read the novels he has fought in many battles and won many against almost impossible odds he also was a loving father though sacrificed his life so SGT Johnson and his marines could escape he was a man of great honour and is a hero so he gets my vote. :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to go with Commander Keyes as well. These other two guys have summed up a lot of it for me so won't go into to much detail.

(and I also have somewhat of an affection for him since he was the first Commander that we ever met in the Halo Universe... so somewhat of a gaming crush. :heart: )

• Like 1

Commander Jacob Keyes for me. He honestly was an awesome and bad*ss character in the time you got with him in Halo: CE. His daughter is okay too, but, she really didn't do a lot for me, besides tell some people to, "Go to war." Which, while it was a cool moment, WE ARE ALREADY AT WAR MIRANDA! Get your stuff together, xD.

• Like 1

Welcome back to the the third 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Last week I thought everyone had a lot of great ideas but as it turns out the winner was

The Forerunners!

This week's question is: Who is the Greatest Military Mastermind?

-Captain Lasky

-Commander Keyes

-Thel 'Vadam(Arbiter)

Post your thoughts and votes below.

Have a happy Labor Day, and enjoy your week!

Definitely Commander Keyes. One of the first human beings to be outnumbered by the covenant and gain a victory, inventor of the Keyes Loop, savior of the Rubble, and father of Miranda Keyes. He was so good at tactics that when he wasn't physically able to command a ship, they had him training cadets.

Commander Keyes had the ability to take a ship that was neither heavily armed nor armored and make it a killing machine. Imagine what he would have been able to do with a ship like the Infinity.

• Like 1