What I want to see in halo 5

INTERVENTIONxx7

Alright I'm just going to make a list of things I want and don't want in halo 5 let me know what you guys think.

1.no sprint. It makes the games less competitive you make a guy a one shot they run away and throw grenades or team shoot.

2.no armor abilities or make one game type for it only one the game was a lot more balanced when when you picked power ups up off the map and more fun.

3.MLG game type halo literally created halo and they didn't even put halo 4 into MLG if that doesn't say you did something wrong then I don't know what would.

4.make the game more competitive halo 4 is the easiest game I have ever played you made the ranking system so easy anyone can so it now in halo 3 it took skill and for alot of people it was a struggle to get to a 50 but when you did you felt so good now you get 2981 xp every single match it takes no skill halo 3 had a different ranking system then every game and you changed an ruined that to.

5.make the game more balanced the AR rips people up in long and close range either way you can't do anything about it.

6.get rid of the DMR completely it has no place being in halo all it is doing is enforcing camping and shooting across maps takes no skill especially with the smallest bloom.

7. Speaking of camping there is people campin in halo 4 harder then any other game right now halo isn't about camping so idk why halo 4 is you guys made it so it was so easy to camp another reason it isn't competitive anymore

8.good maps in halo 4 people pick the same exact maps everytime I can't play CTF without playing exile and can't play anything else without play ragnorok.

Ok we'll this is what I think I just missed the old halos back when they were good so please 343i start listening to veteran and competitive players other then new player that will play for a week and switch games it would help out a lot let me know what you guys think

i agree that they either should get rid of AAs or make a certain game type where you can use them only (besides forge) and i dont care if sprint is in or out of the game only reason WHY id still want sprint in the game would be for campaign, in campaign it helps people escape from enemies or to get up close to them or behind them and ambush them

With all due respect, I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Sprint makes the game more fun, and there's no reason players shouldn't have an opportunity to escape when being shot at. This isn't call of duty.

The assault rifle is no more OP than the battle rifle. I've seen plenty of BRs beat the assault rifle at close range, and of course the BR will always beat the autos at mid range and long range.

I am so glad to have armor abilities- I couldn't imagine playing without them.

What do you mean Halo 4 is the easiest? If it's easy for you, it's easy for everyone, so nobody is put at a disadvantage. If you mean easy as in smooth, fluid, and easy to control, then that's a good thing.

There's not really that much camping in H4, especially in objective games. Even if there is, there's really nothing wrong with it- it's a perfectly good strategy, and campers aren't that hard to beat.

Halo 4 is my favorite of all halo games, and I'm glad for the changes 343 made to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would like for Hunters and Elites to scare the hell out of me like they did in previous halos!

They seem both smaller and more docile these days. 

I kinda miss the feeling of absolute dread when you're attempting a LASO run on Reach and an elite general comes out from a corner, draws his sword and charges you.

Or when you deal with one Hunter in 3 or ODST and the other one goes haywire running straight for you knocking down everything in its path (especially your fellow marines) to mash your face in with his giant metal shield hammer arm.

Also how cool would something like a Promethean 'berserker' be, just your average knight but with no gun and two blade-arms that has the knight ranger's teleport  run ability... That would be a shock to the system.

other than that, I'm happy if they continued in a similar way to 4 although I get the feeling that they killed off Cortana just so that Chief could get paired up with something like a forerunner AI without any Cortana Jealousy-based-conflict.

Oh and a final point, I want to have to find skulls again. Enough said.

I agree with some of your points. The AR may need to be tuned down a bit, and maybe a slight modification here and there with some other weapons, but one of the biggest changes I hope 343 decides to make is the removal of the boltshot (or at least from the secondary weapon slot). A one-shot kill weapon has no place in the secondary weapon slot.

Halo 5 definitely needs a place in MLG and if MLG was smart they would've already picked up Halo 4. In my opinion, I think it's only a matter of time until the Halo franchise is picked back up, especially if there is a population surge with Halo 5.

The ranking system definitely needs to be as competitive as possible. I personally liked the Halo 3 approach with the ranked and social playlists, but overall, my favorite ranking system is Halo 2's by far. Halo 2's ranking system was difficult and competitive, and because of this, most of the time, a player's rank was the best indicator of a player's skill (if you faced a 40 you KNEW the challenge you were about to face). Additionally the symbols were really cool as well (the colored areas around numbers 1-43, half-moon, halo, etc.)

Armor abilities nor sprint significantly affects my experience of Halo 4 so I don't see a whole lot wrong with those. 343 has answered the call on making smaller, more balanced maps for everybody, which is just what Halo 4 needed. If the maps are balanced the gameplay is usually smooth.

I Agree with that comment!

Boltshot is overpowered. 

I find the magnum more fun to use anyway

But lets be honest the only secondary weapon I want to see is the Pistol from ODST, even down to the noise it made was just excellent. It made it seem like the grunt skull was designed to take a round from that thing. <3

I Agree with that comment!

Boltshot is overpowered. 

I find the magnum more fun to use anyway

But lets be honest the only secondary weapon I want to see is the Pistol from ODST, even down to the noise it made was just excellent. It made it seem like the grunt skull was designed to take a round from that thing. <3

The boltshot is extremely easy to avoid if you look at your radar. Everytime I die by a boltshot is because I was dumb enough to run the corner right into the face of the enemy. 

The boltshot is extremely easy to avoid if you look at your radar. Everytime I die by a boltshot is because I was dumb enough to run the corner right into the face of the enemy. 

Yeeeaahh, I'm not very good at that. 

Slowly but surely learning how to get better at Halo.

I think that the boltshot should be nerfed a bit though, just so the charged shot could do the same as the overcharged plasma pistol then it would be charge, shoot, melee -- which I think would give the other person a chance to react at least?

With all due respect, I disagree with pretty much everything you said...

I agree.

i agree that they either should get rid of AAs or make a certain game type where you can use them

I agree with some of your points. 

Lets just all say we can agree to disagree. Am I right?  :D

there's no reason players shouldn't have an opportunity to escape when being shot at. This isn't call of duty.

Halo 4 is closer to Call of Duty having sprint. If you are stupid and unaware enough to poke your Spartan around corners without being ready to engage, you should be killed and punished for that mistake. If you are losing a BR battle, you should lose as you were not up for the kill.. Not run away to prolong the inevitable. Sprint encourages players to be sloppy rather than being careful. It encourages bumrushing rather than strategic movement. It encourages players to forget the consequences of dying, when they could easily just instant spawn and hurry up and sprint back to the better player that killed him after he is one shot waiting for his shields to recharge.

I am so glad to have armor abilities- I couldn't imagine playing without them.

I could, and I have for the past three other major Halo games, bar Reach.

Halo 4 is my favorite of all halo games, and I'm glad for the changes 343 made to it.

Can't really argue there since that is your opinion and I respect that...

But it's wrong.