343i... Hopes for Halo 5. How to make it "Much better."

KratosAsura

I just want to start off my saying that I like Halo 4. It's better than Reach. Way better. For a first try at Halo, I think 343 did a pretty good job. There are some things however, that I think need to go if Halo 5 is going to be "much better." I'm sure you all know where this is going...

GET RID OF THE PERKS, LOADOUTS, AND ARMOR ABILITIES. 

I'm sorry but... it's just too different from what made Halo multiplayer so legendary in the first place. I'd rather just have it be like Halo 2 and 3. Weapons and grenades lying around on the map and you don't need any sort of perk to pick up extra ammo or grenades or anything. Classic Arena chaos. No perks and armor abilities. 

I can guarantee that if these things were gone, FPS fans and long time halo fans will return, and play the game longer. People won't give a damn about the next COD if Halo just returns to it's classic roots. If you are going to keep these things in Halo, at least do separate playlists. 

Infinity - Perks, AA's, Ordinances.

(Infinity Slayer, Infinity Big Team, Infinity CTF, etc.)

Classic - Halo 2-3 style gameplay. No perks, armor abilities or anything. It plays just like the older games. 

(Classic Slayer, Classic Big Team, Classic CTF, etc.)

I guarantee you that this will make Halo 5 much better. There are tons and tons of people who miss the old days of Halo. Please bring them back. Thank you. 

Oh, and spint. Don't make sprint mandatory for Halo 5 Classic multiplayer. I think we would all love the classic teabag to return :) 

You do realize that if Halo's multiplayer stayed the same, it would be exactly what you dislike about CoD: always the same thing. You can't have it both ways. Loadouts are a common video game thing, not at all exclusive to CoD. Armor abilities have been around since Halo: Reach and were not put in the game by 343i. While returning to Halo 2 and 3 style gameplay might help short-term, in the long-term, it will do more harm than good and actually would make Halo like Call of Duty. 

That being said, I would love a gametype that plays like Halo 2 and 3. Maybe we could have "Classic Slayer" and "Infinity Slayer". 

You do realize that if Halo's multiplayer stayed the same, it would be exactly what you dislike about CoD: always the same thing. You can't have it both ways. Loadouts are a common video game thing, not at all exclusive to CoD. Armor abilities have been around since Halo: Reach and were not put in the game by 343i. While returning to Halo 2 and 3 style gameplay might help short-term, in the long-term, it will do more harm than good and actually would make Halo like Call of Duty. 

That being said, I would love a gametype that plays like Halo 2 and 3. Maybe we could have "Classic Slayer" and "Infinity Slayer". 

whaaaat loudouts are common now? wow.... *facepalm*

anyways they just need to remake halo 3 thats the only way to save this franchise. If anything make all that luck based random stuff in social and give rank old school how everyone expected halo to be.

whaaaat loudouts are common now? wow.... *facepalm*

anyways they just need to remake halo 3 thats the only way to save this franchise. If anything make all that luck based random stuff in social and give rank old school how everyone expected halo to be.

I should have said loadouts are more common on PC games than on console games. But there are many games that have class-based gameplay or variations of the loadout system.

People complain about Halo changing, yet those same people complain about CoD being the same...if Halo never changes, then it will become exactly what you don't want it to be. 

If you want Halo 3, no one is stopping you from playing it. In fact a fair number of fans still play Halo 3.  

Also, Halo 4's loadout system is not the same as CoD's to begin with. There is no spawning with power weapons, no deathstreaks, and so on.

There honestly is no pleasing some people...

... GET RID OF THE PERKS, LOADOUTS, AND ARMOR ABILITIES. 

I'm sorry but... it's just too different from what made Halo multiplayer so legendary in the first place. I'd rather just have it be like Halo 2 and 3. Weapons and grenades lying around on the map and you don't need any sort of perk to pick up extra ammo or grenades or anything. Classic Arena chaos. No perks and armor abilities. 

I can guarantee that if these things were gone, FPS fans and long time halo fans will return, and play the game longer. People won't give a damn about the next COD if Halo just returns to it's classic roots. If you are going to keep these things in Halo, at least do separate playlists. 

Classic - Halo 2-3 style gameplay. No perks, armor abilities or anything. It plays just like the older games. 

I guarantee you that this will make Halo 5 much better. There are tons and tons of people who miss the old days of Halo. Please bring them back. Thank you. 

Oh, and spint. Don't make sprint mandatory for Halo 5 Classic multiplayer. I think we would all love the classic teabag to return :)

Remove armour abilities/loadouts/perks entirely? That's a pretty bold statement, getting rid of something that's now an integral part of Halo MP would be a step backwards in my opinion. And your idea of having two playlists wouldn't work well either.  A playlist consisting of multiple gametypes helps keep the game more diverse, fresh; Halo's number 1 enemy now that it’s been played to death MP wise for about 10yrs now.

Plus 1 to 343I for adding gametypes where all the loadouts are the same to help mix it up a bit. I've sure noticed that the gameplay plays different from the infinity gametypes. Players seem more aggressive, vehicles have a bit more weight to them (because of limited plasma pistols) and forcing players to use frags instead of stickies as starting. The gameplay changes between infinity and regular, but is still similar enough where it works by itself.

As for sprint, I think 343 has it perfect as it is right now. It adds another dimension to gameplay. Remembering how much sprint you have if u dont have the perk, (since theres no sprint meter, something 343 should not change), planning on when to sprint across an open part of the map to get somewhere; sprint is a great addition to the game that shouldn't be tinkered with much, if at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Halo 5, I think the continued use of having different gametypes in one playlist (with possibly adding new combinations of existing options) would be best....For example in Team Slayer, you could have

-Infinity Slayer (aa, custom loadouts, ordanance)

-Team Slayer (no aa, all loadouts the same, pistol for secondary, cant rememeber if there's ordanance in this one )

Well those seem like the two main ones right now. Maybe in Halo 5 they can add equipment back as a 3rd option. You could have limits on their use, like if equipment is enable for one gametype, the AA/custom loadlouts would be unavailable.  Power drain, bubble shield, an improved auto sentry (remove the AA auto sentry), radar scrambler.

You could make the equipment gametype Classic Slayer or something, or maybe a better name could be used for it. Oh and another problem that adding equipiment to Halo 5 is could it work when combined with all of them... AA, custom loadlouts, ordanance? Would that work?

I should have said loadouts are more common on PC games than on console games. But there are many games that have class-based gameplay or variations of the loadout system.

People complain about Halo changing, yet those same people complain about CoD being the same...if Halo never changes, then it will become exactly what you don't want it to be. 

If you want Halo 3, no one is stopping you from playing it. In fact a fair number of fans still play Halo 3.  

Also, Halo 4's loadout system is not the same as CoD's to begin with. There is no spawning with power weapons, no deathstreaks, and so on.

There honestly is no pleasing some people...

well they tried the change way and clearly it failed only selling well because of it's name. Cod gets over 200k online always tho... If it anit broken don't fix it Halo was the game that was always different from every fps out to date thats why everyone Loved it so much. Now its basicaly the same dumbdown gameplay as the rest which completely turned off 9/10 of the people who purchased it. Cod class system is the same as halo's you get perks killstreaks and such. When i used to play halo all i and everyone in lobbies i played with said it felt like a more frustrating version of cod, The game needs a skill gap it needs to get rid of all the randomness this is not a cod game and break back the old school arena shooter. I beleive they wont do this tho considering 343 is running everything we will see it is very sad to see everyones favorite franchise die because it decided to mimic other games and stray from being its own game.  I'd probably play halo 3 all day everyday if servers were fixed It is still a great game aside from the hackers and such.

I really hate it when people try to compare FPS titles and mention skill gaps and randomness.  Neither is a legit claim.  Skill is purely perspective and independent of each title.  The skill sets of Halo games vary across them all.  Same goes with CoD and Crysis, each game holds a different varying set of base skills one must possess to be good at each one. 

Randomness is based on equations, not magical random events that just happen for no reason.  Lag plays a huge part in this, but is so often overlooked that it becomes easier to blame the game mechanics.  All FPS, suffer from some sort of either lead time, magnetism or bullet spread that works differently in all titles.  Just because it's there and it sometimes fails to work to your advantage, does not make it flawed or poor.

That being said, going backwards in gameplay will only delay and separate gamers.  Halo 3 and 2 were great games, but bringing back that same gameplay, would take the franchise back a bit, and disrupt or destroy any future plans or innovations that the franchise may have planned.  Why do you think they ultimately decided not to include CEA with it's original MM experience?  They stated directly that doing so would have fragmented the player base.  Fragmenting it by destroying other titles the chance to be played because of the unique experience the original had.

Seriously...it's been 2 titles now, and you guys are still bitching and moaning about the changes being made to the franchise.  2 games and six years.....they obviously are going forward with innovation.  Except it and move on, or leave the game.  That's pretty much your only choice.

• Like 1

I really hate it when people try to compare FPS titles and mention skill gaps and randomness.  Neither is a legit claim.  Skill is purely perspective and independent of each title.  The skill sets of Halo games vary across them all.  Same goes with CoD and Crysis, each game holds a different varying set of base skills one must possess to be good at each one. 

Randomness is based on equations, not magical random events that just happen for no reason.  Lag plays a huge part in this, but is so often overlooked that it becomes easier to blame the game mechanics.  All FPS, suffer from some sort of either lead time, magnetism or bullet spread that works differently in all titles.  Just because it's there and it sometimes fails to work to your advantage, does not make it flawed or poor.

That being said, going backwards in gameplay will only delay and separate gamers.  Halo 3 and 2 were great games, but bringing back that same gameplay, would take the franchise back a bit, and disrupt or destroy any future plans or innovations that the franchise may have planned.  Why do you think they ultimately decided not to include CEA with it's original MM experience?  They stated directly that doing so would have fragmented the player base.  Fragmenting it by destroying other titles the chance to be played because of the unique experience the original had.

Seriously...it's been 2 titles now, and you guys are still bitching and moaning about the changes being made to the franchise.  2 games and six years.....they obviously are going forward with innovation.  Except it and move on, or leave the game.  That's pretty much your only choice.

legit claim? ok guy.. lmao... i could make paragraph's why this game plays to so much randomness and why the skill gap is to thin but i've said it for so many times saying it on a forum really wont do much but waste my time.. Ok Lets do it your way and continue to mimic other game features and go away from being orginal i guess your idea can be the franchise killer :) I've left halo with 9/10 of the population already guy just trying to make the franchise popular again.

Edited by TornadoFlame

legit claim? ok guy.. lmao... i could make paragraph's why this game plays to so much randomness and why the skill gap is to thin but i've said it for so many times saying it on a forum really wont do much but waste my time.. Ok Lets do it your way and continue to mimic other game features and go away from being orginal i guess your idea can be the franchise killer :) I've left halo with 9/10 of the population already guy just trying to make the franchise popular again.

I'm sorry dude, but you have no ******* idea what your talking about.  You know how long I've kept my mouth shut, just watching you and others like you constantly bicker about **** you have no idea about?  There's a reason I'm known for being the Tech guru, it wasn't a title that was added by myself.  It was a title GIVEN to me because I know more about the workings of the game than anyone else out there with the exception of a handful. 

Halo has done nothing to "mimic" the other FPS titles out there.  All the franchise developers did, was take basic core principals established waaaaay back since the days of unreal Tournament, and put a Halo feel on them.  Do you really think keeping the gameplay and core mechanics the same will save and keep Halo alive forever?  You guys all bash other FPS titles like CoD for keeping things the same, yet here you are bashing Halo for NOT keeping things the same.    Halo 2 and Halo 3 are my favorite MM experiences during the Halo franchise.  But I would NOT want each title after them to keep playing the same.  it's nice to see fresh takes on old ideas or mechanics and have them applied to the Halo universe.  Halo 4 may not be my favorite game in the franchise, it's almost last on my last, right above Halo 1.  But that doesn't mean I don't see the future 343i is creating by innovating the series with changes.  You same people are the same ones who bitched and moaned about Halo 2 not being Halo 1 at first.  it took a few years, but you guys finally moved on and found Halo 2 to be the better title. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry dude, but you have no ******* idea what your talking about.  You know how long I've kept my mouth shut, just watching you and others like you constantly bicker about **** you have no idea about?  There's a reason I'm known for being the Tech guru, it wasn't a title that was added by myself.  It was a title GIVEN to me because I know more about the workings of the game than anyone else out there with the exception of a handful. 

Halo has done nothing to "mimic" the other FPS titles out there.  All the franchise developers did, was take basic core principals established waaaaay back since the days of unreal Tournament, and put a Halo feel on them.  Do you really think keeping the gameplay and core mechanics the same will save and keep Halo alive forever?  You guys all bash other FPS titles like CoD for keeping things the same, yet here you are bashing Halo for NOT keeping things the same.    Halo 2 and Halo 3 are my favorite MM experiences during the Halo franchise.  But I would NOT want each title after them to keep playing the same.  it's nice to see fresh takes on old ideas or mechanics and have them applied to the Halo universe.  Halo 4 may not be my favorite game in the franchise, it's almost last on my last, right above Halo 1.  But that doesn't mean I don't see the future 343i is creating by innovating the series with changes.  You same people are the same ones who bitched and moaned about Halo 2 not being Halo 1 at first.  it took a few years, but you guys finally moved on and found Halo 2 to be the better title

sure guy I am entertained by the how much thought and anger you gave me for stating my opionon on the situation i guess because you the "forums tech guru" then your completely right No wonder halo is currently so popular and so many players are online.....  lmao guy your pretty cute sir. It's nice to know a title on a forum can make someone so cocky.

Edited by TornadoFlame

sure guy I am entertained by the how much thought and anger you gave me for stating my opionon on the situation i guess because you the "forums tech guru" then your completely right No wonder halo is currently so popular and so many players are online.....  lmao guy your pretty cute sir. It's nice to know a title on a forum can make someone so cocky.

Nice to know that your invincibility behind that computer screen somewhere is what makes you so confident. People who talk about being cocky when they know good and damn well that no one can do anything about what they say or do make me sick. If you can't act as civilized as you do in front of another human being, you shouldn't be taunting other people over the internet. It's sad. There's a reason his like/post ratio is so high, smart one.

As for Halo, I believe two playlists for the different gametypes would be a good solution. I don't want to be forced to play classic or evolved if I feel like playing something else. It wouldn't divide players any more than the current playlists and changes already have.

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa

• 1 month later...

I just want to start off my saying that I like Halo 4. It's better than Reach. Way better. For a first try at Halo, I think 343 did a pretty good job. There are some things however, that I think need to go if Halo 5 is going to be "much better." I'm sure you all know where this is going...

i agree just leave in sprint and keep the grenade indicator

hello, I'm a great fan of halo,this is my opinions:

- Have a real map editor (like Far Cry 3 in more 

sought). Possibility of placing AI, events (such as 

trains, cars that move on their own)

That would be cool a city with roads, building or a blank map where we could place the buildings and edit the building (make holes, doors, windows), trace its roads ,place the brokens cars, add land to extend the map,place the tunnel ,put the civils,the cars ,trains and aircrafts that move automatically

- Return of the Baptism of Fire

-Added defense mode of baptism of fire(or another mode of the same kind). by cons for dead players I think have an important role , every minute  they can send  marines , weapon or equipment see a power-up , or send the auto turrets , a barricade or something . 

Or rather they play against the other teams , it becomes like the gravedigger and can send parasites (including some that could temporarily controlling ) on the battlefield enemy, which would create big fights between human, covenant and parasite. Like that the team with more dead in a team ,increases more luck for the survival of this team,the dead player have the right to support their team, despite their small numbers.

-It would be nice if we can Put the emblems of Reach and Halo 4 ,put of tattoos, stickers on the spartan. 

Choose several races covenants(hunter,raptor,elite,grunt), several class humans (marines,spartan) same the Prometheans might be controlled.

Repeat and liked my message to the forum 343 industries if you are agree with me .

thanks

Um yeah not totally sure you really are a HALO fan...except for where you say you want the classic multiplayer. Halo 4 sucks major butt hole. Reach was way more amazing.