Halo 5 Details Accidentally Leaked in Microsoft Store!

VinWarrior

Hello guys, and today, I have suprising news. Microsoft accidentally revealed Halo 5 non-spoiler details on their store. It was quickly taken down but Destructoid and other places got a hold of the info, it reads.

Halo for Xbox One takes the now-legendary saga to new heights and is one of the most anticipated games for the new console. In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

No major spoilers ^ Just a Pre-Order description.

Warped Zone has the article here if you wanna look and so does MoreConsole:

http://www.warpzoned.com/2013/08/microsoft-store-leaks-halo-5-story-details/

What could, "Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted." mean? Is it possible the Prometheans have invaded and taken over multiple worlds, similar to the Reapers in Mass Effect, and chief must yet again work with the covenant to take back their homes? I don't know, but I can wait to find out!

• Like 2

yes i want both to return, also i think it would be cool if the flood were re released and the forerunners work with the flood to cleanse the universe again and fire the halos so the forerunners can still have the mantle and the humans and covenant have to work together

Much like the Forerunners, I think the flood will return. Their answer is at hand.

I'm so happy you quoted the book. The Timeless One is right.

The Flood used the humans as a weapon; they infected them, backed off, and allowed the humans to develop a cure which the Forerunners sought after. This is why the Composer retained all of humanity's conscious memories and history, to scower their thoughts for the cure to the Flood.

The Flood is no doubt returning...the Flood (being the Precursors) ties Forerunners and humanity together.

"sentient life being mercilessly hunted" means the Flood absorbing whatever living beings it can to become larger and smarter, to further engulf all living beings.

• Like 2

I'm so happy you quoted the book. The Timeless One is right.

The Flood used the humans as a weapon; they infected them, backed off, and allowed the humans to develop a cure which the Forerunners sought after. This is why the Composer retained all of humanity's conscious memories and history, to scower their thoughts for the cure to the Flood.

The Flood is no doubt returning...the Flood (being the Precursors) ties Forerunners and humanity together.

"sentient life being mercilessly hunted" means the Flood absorbing whatever living beings it can to become larger and smarter, to further engulf all living beings.

Yes, exactly. Even though the Prometheans are not sentient to a massive degree, the Flood seems like a more viable answer. Not to mention how the Precursors seem more and more like Flood every day. I think that the Precursors were, in fact, the Flood. Perhaps they created Forerunners and Humans in an effort to create more sentient life to consume.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly. Even though the Prometheans are not sentient to a massive degree, the Flood seems like a more viable answer. Not to mention how the Precursors seem more and more like Flood every day. I think that the Precursors were, in fact, the Flood. Perhaps they created Forerunners and Humans in an effort to create more sentient life to consume.

both of those ideas are good and it makes more sense that way. i think that the flood will infect another forrunner like the didact and then the flood and promethians will for one, be combined into two things into one and for two, will work together to hunt master chief and the human race and the covenant and they have to work together to defend their selves

• 3 weeks later...

Ryu,

Not sure if you read the Forerunner Trilogy...but here's a spoiler related to what you just said:

Yes, the Precursors are technically the Flood. Precursors made all life. When the Forerunners revolted against the Precursors, this is when the Precursors decided the Mantle (basically the way to protect and enhance all living life) should go to the humans. The Precursors turned themselves into a fine powder which was supposed to regrow themselves in the long run, to rise up again. The powder spoiled over time, and didn't revive the Precursors, but humans found numerous ships with this powder on it. They applied it to their "pets" called Pheru, which caused cosmetic mutations and made their pets 'cooler' and 'more attractive'. The mutations began getting out of hand, and caused these Pheru  to cannibalize each other, and soon eat humans. They slowly began to form what we imagine the Flood is, but at very early stages, not nearly as advanced (like zombies). Graveminds are in fact primitive Precursors, who are close (it takes a while, the Primordium was the "closest", or even the last Precursor) to intellectually and physically molding into their original shape.  

Good guess.

Edited by Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs
  • Like 1