Keep The Legend Alive: Anti-Infinity Campaign

Squally DaBeanz

As many of you are well aware, 343i has recently announced that Legendary BRs, as well as the new "Team Slayer" will be added into the standard 4V4 Slayer playlist soon. This has many people excited, myself included. Legendary BRs will provide a classic Halo experience that has been absent from Halo 4 for too long. On the other hand, Team Slayer will provide a nice middle ground, allowing personal loadouts but removing the randomness and chaos of random and personal ordnance.

This is a change that has long been needed in the realm that is Halo 4 matchmaking. With these coming additions, I have a proposition for the Halo community. A campaign, really, against the randomness and chaos of Infinity settings. When these new gametypes go live, I want to see people voting for either Legendary BRs or regular Team Slayer instead of Infinity Slayer. Here is why:

343 believes they know what is best for Halo. While they have done some things right, they have also done many things wrong, and we as a community need to get that message across in a way they can't ignore. Currently, 343 is looking to consolidate playlists, and make things more condensed and streamlined when looking for a match to play. They are basing their judgments on the numbers they see. Playlist populations, hours played in certain playlists, consecutive hours played, maps and gametypes voted for, etc.

This is where we need to send our message, in the numbers. If people only vote for gametypes without random and personal ordnance (Legendary BRs and Team Slayer), the numbers will show it. With this, we can get Halo back to the way it should be: skill based. If we can get enough people to support this, 343 won't be able to ignore the numbers we put up, and will be forced to make changes. These changes will be for the better in the long run. It will bring the competitive community back, keep people playing the game for longer, and bring the series back to it's roots.

Please don't misunderstand this, I love change and new additions to games. But when something this drastic comes along that ends up killing the population, something needs to be done. If this campaign is a success, we can see improvements made to not only Halo 4, but all future titles in the series as well.

I have created a list of five base gametypes to be used in Slayer playlists on Halo Waypoint. Please support this thread, along with this campaign to get a message across to 343i. Together, as a community, we can save this legendary franchise!

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst225171_Playlist-Consolidation-Proposition.aspx

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Legendary Slayer should be AR and Magnum starts. You should have to earn your Battle Rifle, either by finding one or killing someone who does have one. BR starts is BS.

I concur. From a competitive standpoint. BR starts are rubbish.

But from my inner casual perspective... BR Starts are a blast!

While BR starts are great fun, they are horrible competitively speaking because they remove the aspect of finding the BR spawns, killing your opponents before they get to them first, and then controlling them so that your opponents cant get one.

I concur. From a competitive standpoint. BR starts are rubbish.

But from my inner casual perspective... BR Starts are a blast!

While BR starts are great fun, they are horrible competitively speaking because they remove the aspect of finding the BR spawns, killing your opponents before they get to them first, and then controlling them so that your opponents cant get one.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, you can get people just running around blasting each other and camp close quarter areas with the AR, taking away the skill of using a precision weapon and having to be very accurate with your shots. XD

But hey, that's not the issue at hand. I just want people to stop voting for Infinity Slayer so we can get rid of the random elements in future Halo titles.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...