Problem with xbox 360 disc

Adam91

There is a crack in the center of one of my 360 games, the crack just about touches the disc itself where the xbox reads it. My xbox could still pick up on it so it still technically works but after a few mins it would give an error message "you disc is dirty or damaged" or something like that.

I got my brothers disc of the same game and installed it on to my xbox thinking that my own copy would then work but as the game won't need to spin, but when I put mine in it works for a new mins and i get an error message saying "the disc could not be authorized". Is there any way I could fix this? I thought if the game is installed to the xbox it would still work despite it having minor damage just as long as the xbox can still identify the disc.

My Lost Planet 2 disc has a crack too, but it doesn't touch the disc where it is readable, and it works just fine. I'm sorry but that's not a problem of the 360; you'll have to change the disk (or repair it, but a new disk should last longer).

this has happened with all 4 of my halo 3 copies. the last time i Somehow got it installed on my hardrive and it read it much better i would try to install it on your harddrive then see if it works.

I have intalled it but it now gives me the error message "disc could not be authorized"

Uninstall and install from the new disc. That should fix your problem. Also, what model 360?

the slim one

Uninstall and install from the new disc. That should fix your problem. Also, what model 360?

It seems to be working now been playing it for about 10 mins and it hasn't given me the error message, were as before i'd get the message like after 2 mins so it seems to be working so finger crossed. Thanks very much church i appreciate it.

• Like 2

I have the Halo 3 Limited Edition Metal game case and it cracked the Second Disc (Miscellaneous Disc) that contained the Mini game, extra content, and behind the scenes footage, and some other Bungie stuff...

The crack goes down the middle and it is in the clear part by the hole in the center of the disc. The case is what cracked it because it was a very thin weak metal the bends and warps when you touch it. It was a design flaw with the case and I remember back in the day MANY people complained. It was just to damn flimsy to get the disc out.