"Closing Time" Exotic Sniper

VinWarrior

The actual article: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Drawing-Board-Closing-Time/en/News/News?aid=11033

This week, Bungie unveiled a new exotic gun, a Sniper Rifle, called Closing Time.

closing_time_marquis.jpg?cv=3983585470&a

“Carrying this gun is like wearing a badge of honor.”
Tom Doyle, Art Lead

Concept: Adrian Majkrzak

3D Model: David Stammel

There are weapons that speak to you. To look at them is to hear their stories echo through time. To see yourself stalking your prey through the ruins of a place that humanity used to call home, you need only clutch the grip with your fingers.

closing_time_concept.jpg?cv=3983585470&a

Closing Time was envisioned to be a weapon imbued with such stories. It wasn’t collected from a gun rack at the end of an assembly line. Someone loved it before they too were lost to the dust of our shattered civilization.

“It was owned by a group of survivalists operating on the new frontier,”

Tom Doyle says to us. Like all Exotic weapons in Destiny, the Guardian who packs them on the mission will not be the original owner. These hunting tools are out there in the wild, waiting to be discovered and put back into service.

closing_time_wield.jpg?cv=3983585470&av=

The details in the design of this old long barrel allude to untold adventures – just like the ones you’ll experience when you inherit it. New ways to create weapons for the heroes of Destiny have given us new elements we can use to illustrate this world. According to Doyle, the fabrication of this weapon used everything in the upgraded palette.

“Dave Stammel really wanted to push our new shader system with this weapon,” he muses. “We have as many different materials as possible on this asset: gunmetal, plasteel, wood, plastic, and ghillie netting. It showcases the rendering strength and diversity of our new engine.”

These are the nuances that will haunt your imagination between missions. What will be most important are those moments when this weapon is butted up against your shoulder. When the Cabal are in the crosshairs of Closing Time, and you’re about to put their lights out, the only story you’ll care about will be your own.

closing_time_pallette.jpg?cv=3983585470&

closing_time_POV.jpg?cv=3983585470&av=11

So what do you guys think of Closing Time? I personally, really dig it. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Great post ΩMΣGΛ!!  ;)

I love these weapon articles. The exotic weapons all have backstory that Bungie has gone the extra mile in making them truly personal and worth searching for. I will be one of those Guardians keeping a watchful eye for these weapons.

A thought came to mind concerning achievements/trophys....

post-9451-0-02097600-1377743740.png

post-9451-0-51169400-1377742807.png

I can definitely see something like this happening! Maybe not 50 exotics but you get the point! Thanks for the post ΩMΣGΛ!! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Wow! I mean wow that when I get Destiny and I get that gun it will be my favourite gun of all time. Anyway, brilliant post!! Unlike me your bothered to read Bungie articles/content. Well done. You have well earned a like from me and also my special Wolf paw bump signature.  :gsd: