Knighted- Halo Fan Fiction

Feegmonster

Hello people. I'm writing another fan fiction (I already did Life or Dishonor). This is about Promethean Knights. Read the first chapter to get a full summary. It takes place almost directly after Chief destroys the Composer.

DIRECTLY AFTER DESTRUCTION OF THE COMPOSER ARTIFACT- OUTSKIRTS OF NEW PHOENIX, PLANET EARTH

Prologue- Knighted

My name used to be Drake. I was a human. I lived in New Phoenix, alone. Everyone panicked when the ship appeared in the sky. I knew it was alien, but I didn't know what to do. Then, it attacked. We, on the ground, saw a beam of orange light projected from space onto our city. The screaming was so loud that you could hear it for miles. The orange raced outward, towards the city outskirts, where I was at the time. Then, it hit. For what seemed like an eternity, I was burning up. I watched myself disappear until my eyes were gone. But I was still there. I wondered what was happening to me and then-

A flood of knowledge washed over me. This was the Forerunners. And I was being Composed into a Promethean Knight. Others would become Crawlers, and other minds saved to be Watchers in the future. I was to become a Knight. I could feel my emotions and thoughts draining away, becoming irrational and immoral as my body reformed into that of a Promethean Knight. But suddenly, it stopped. The flow of information into me ceased with one final sentence- Chief, the Reclaimer, has destroyed the Composer.

With the process stopped, I collapsed to the ground. What had felt like hours had only been seconds, but not seconds long enough. The transformation, the Composing, had been interrupted by the Composer's destruction. I was now a Knight- but I was still me. From the vast stores of knowledge that I had access to as a high ranking Knight, I knew that I was supposed to be immoral, and irrational, but follow orders. Despite my Composing, my feelings still remained. 

I was Knight in body, Human in mind.

This happened to sixteen of us in total. Seven of us were Knights, and nine were Crawlers. Most of us died when we saw what we had become. We died of despair, because we still had our emotions. Four of us, Knights, went rogue. They were mad with anger and set out on a killing spree across Earth. We, a group of two Crawlers and two Knights, decided that, while we were no longer human, we still cared about humanity. 

This is the story of how we hunted the rogues across Earth and killed them all. This is our life, after we were Knighted.

THREE HOURS AFTER DESTRUCTION OF COMPOSER ARTIFACT- DESERT AROUND NEW PHOENIX

Chapter 1- Tyra

Tyra was the other Knight with me. That had been her name. The two Crawlers, Pete and Seth, accompanied us as well. We didn't lose our heads, like the four Knights we were hunting. Tyra and I turned to each other and crossed swords. A relay of information flowed between our data cores, telling us what we both knew. Tyra had been with a hospital. I was a school teacher. We had been Composed- wait. If we had been Composed, then we should have ended up on board the Didact's craft. Why were we still here, in New Phoenix?

No doubt the destruction of the Composer interrupted our teleporting.