Why is Complex in BTB?

Creative Gaming Inc.

I love BTB Complex! You got your high ground, your underground, good cover + transition to open spaces. Although if you're caught not reading your radar and turn the wrong corner, you'll get what you deserve!

So what if the opposing team has locked down the high ground and is picking you off. You still have all the cover that map offers all the close quarters should give you enough faith to find a way. And in my experience both bases can be overruned easily and feel like the spawns points are unbalanced, but that goes for both sides.

Good weapon placement

Intricate layout

I have always felt like this map is one of the better ones. Stating you hate it without listing a reason makes me want to question your opinion. But I don't really care for this map when it comes time to play objective I feel this is a Slayer only kinda map.

Edited by Bob

There isn't a paticular reason I hate it. I just don't have fun on it.

Might be lack of vehicular combat (Which I believe) that is integral to 8v8 play.

Plus it's about DMR's and BR's, I just get cross mapped all the time

Complex is about the size of Asylum, which is a 4v4 map. I like it for 4v4, but in BTB it's too cramped, and the player migration dynamics that are integrated in a 4v4 map (where players tend to flow towards one or two combat areas) just makes for unstrategic chaos with sixteen people.

Dude, Complex is way bigger than Asylum/Sanctuary.

• Like 3

I think it works much better on btb than 4v4.  It could get a bit quiet before but now there is alot more going on.  true with the number of players its not a map thats easy to sneak around on but i think btb needed a map like this. 

Complex is about the size of Asylum, which is a 4v4 map. I like it for 4v4, but in BTB it's too cramped, and the player migration dynamics that are integrated in a 4v4 map (where players tend to flow towards one or two combat areas) just makes for unstrategic chaos with sixteen people.

Asylum is less than half the size of Complex...

Complex wasn't made for a 8v8 but a 5v5 or a 6v6 people hated it because it was a big map to control it was made for slayer, flag and koth.

P.S. I hate it for flag in btbs because they just sit in the flag room and use camo like little girls because they cant go positive outside the flag room. (this was meant to make those that do this mad)

I disagree, I think all the maps are too huge. To me maps like Haven and Adrift are suitable size for BTB.

WTF haven a 16 player map maybe for flood but not slayer, koth or oddball. Adrift maybe for slayer, flood for sure but the rest hell no I have to disagree with you.

WTF haven a 16 player map maybe for flood but not slayer, koth or oddball. Adrift maybe for slayer, flood for sure but the rest hell no I have to disagree with you.

No matter the gametype, adrift and haven are both absolutely perfect for BTB. I play multi team the majority of the time just because it's the only play list that i don't have to spend half the game looking for someone to kill only to die to some random boltshot that's camping around a corner.

And I'm sure any competitive halo player would agree with me that the maps are too big.

Oh don't even get me started on Settler.

Settler looks like a kindergartner Forged it, and it plays horribly.

Complex on the other hand...

I don't really have an opinion on Complex Slayer, and I could care less if it's a 4v4 or 8v8 game on the map, I don't mind it. But what I really like on Complex is Team Regicide, and what I absolutely LOVE (unless matchmaking screws my team and pits us against BTBnet teams like they did today when I've got peeps on my team with neg k/d's - - really? REALLY?!?) is Flag on Complex.

I don't know why you be hatin' on Complex.

But Settler? Don't get me started on Settler...

There are lots of long sight lines but there is plenty of movement in cover too.

It's not like the map is cramped into close range fights, there are tons of areas that get very little traffic.

Some areas get a lot of action but your not forced into them. The high ground areas are powerful, but vulnerable.

Yes its one of the smaller BTB maps, but its not choked up, and still has some nice long sight lines.

I don't see what the problem with this map is, seems like a perfect addition to the BTB playlist to me.

But Settler? Don't get me started on Settler...

YOU'RE ALL CRAZY! First Complex, now Settler? Has the whole world gone mad?!?!

:offtopic:

Settler is decent! Besides the hill that no noobs go for, the map is laidout pretty nice. It feels like a big map. Where you find cover there is large open areas to the next piece of cover, like the previous Halo BTB maps, it works. If you have a full team you can play this map like a boss if you're working together. Wanna tip? Use the DMR or Lightrifle you'll be less likely to make yourself cry.

:offtopic:

Never thought I'd see so much hate for these maps.. I figured you guys would be talking about how much you hate Abandon.

There are lots of long sight lines but there is plenty of movement in cover too.

It's not like the map is cramped into close range fights, there are tons of areas that get very little traffic.

Some areas get a lot of action but your not forced into them. The high ground areas are powerful, but vulnerable.

Yes its one of the smaller BTB maps, but its not choked up, and still has some nice long sight lines.

I don't see what the problem with this map is, seems like a perfect addition to the BTB playlist to me.

^ I agree! ^