"Gjallarhorn" - Exotic Rocket Launcher

Choot 'em

destiny_banner_zps7187d638.png

Weapons are placed in the world of Destiny for you to find while exploring the unknown areas of Earth and

other planets. Some will be common while others are what Bungie is calling "exotic". In a previous story, I brought you

"Red_Death", an exotic assault rifle with unrelenting power and a paint scheme to match it's name.

The next exotic weapon revealed and explored by Bungie is what they are calling "Gjallarhorn". This exotic rocket launcher has been seen in action during the PS4 E3 reveal and in Destiny's most recent Vidoc "Out Here In The Wild".

Bungie's Art Lead Tom Doyle explains, 

“This is Hulk Hogan’s belt in weaponized form. This is the gilded weapon of a City Champion. It’s a very decorated Guardian weapon to say the least. Feared and revered, with no attempt to be stealthy, it loudly announces its presence with a howl.”

gjallarhorn_marquis_zpsb7878a79.jpg

Concept: Adrian Majkrzak

3D Model: Mark Van Haitsma

gjallarhorn_concept_zpsf6766bdb.jpg

“The initial block model for Gjallarhorn was cool looking, but it was missing some detail that would make it shine in first person view. Mark just kept adding a wolf every day that he was working on the high resolution model.”

gjallarhorn_detail_zps76fdf0ea.jpg

“This Rocket launcher has the highest WPG count of any Bungie weapon ever. WPG, of course, is the ‘Wolves Per Gun’ statistic. I thought this concept said a lot about the world we are making, mainly the mythic elements of its fiction.”

gjallarhorn_FP_zpse3d1e32a.jpg

Gjallarhorn will be "buried silently in the rubble" awaiting it's next 'Master of Arms' to wield it. Will your senses be acute enough to locate it and if you do, will you have the strength "to tame it"?? :)

• Like 8

Created a tight HD render of Gjallarhorn...

I want one in red. Now.

Here ya' go! :)

gjallarhorn_red_zps8912f2a0.png

I will take one in sky blue personalized with simply "The Dog"! Thanks for the update Choot.

... and for you AD! :)

gjallarhorn_dog_zps70d035a6.png

I saved a copy of my work and will fine tune the render at a later date and share upon request! Enjoy!!! :thumbsup: